EkoCigs - Nice folks, but not worth the hassle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACM

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
I kind of hate to post a negative comment on this company because I kind of think that they tried their best to get off the ground and be a good vendor, but they've had so many issues with their website and customs, that it's doubtful anyone who orders from them will even receive their kits.

I ordered an unbranded L88b starter kit from them back in late-October/early-November. My order got stuck in customs. To their credit, Eko promptly emailed me and offered to refund my money, as they didn't know when the shipment would clear. I decided to wait it out, as they were a new company and I wanted to support them. I could wait a couple of weeks.

Eventually, my shipment arrived. Initially, I was happy. But one of my batteries soon failed, so I emailed Eko and requested a replacement (under warranty). This was back in early December. They replied quickly (they always do - very good communication) to tell me that they have not been able to receive shipments. Customs issues again. They would have replaced the battery, but they could not acquire a replacement for me.

I emailed again the other day. They replied to tell me that they still have not recovered from their earlier website issues and ongoing customs problems.

The bottom line is that the people running this company seem like decent people, but they can't really get their business up and running. I mean, come on. It's been weeks, and still no replacement battery, despite the fact that they don't mention that they can't actually ship what they're selling on their website.

I would suggest that anyone seeking an affordable L88b kit and/or accessories to check out Volcano instead.

I ended up ordering a couple of batteries and other supplies from Volcano. As it turned out, one of THOSE batteries was bad, too. Volcano replaced it promptly, with no problems. Also, when I recently ordered a two cases of carts (50 carts in total), they arrived in about 4 days and Volcano threw in two bonus atomizers for free.

For some reason, Volcano is able to maintain a steady supply of product. EkoCigs is not. It is for that reason alone that I cannot recommend Eko as a vendor. (Sorry, Eko.)

There are much better options out there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread