El Diablo Philippines Satan - Switch locking ring got stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unexist

Dec 23, 2015
Austria / STMK
Hey guys,

The locking ring on my Satan box mod got stuck :nah:
I dissambled the switch but wasn't able to move this thing even with two pair of pliers and rubberbands. There was no success with the freezer either.

Any ideas? I do not want to harm the brass housing/threading so I do not know which oils/chemicals can be safely used with this material.
I had a noisy cricket before and this thing had no locking mechanism at all so I am used to it, but with this mod I had it from beginning and it was kinda comfortable.

sacullen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2014
Chicago, IL, USA
I feel your pain as mine stuck, too. Was the first time I had serious problems getting brass parts apart and was debating between pliers and penetrating oils. I decided on the pliers and wrapped the part in several layers of a rubber glove. Luckily it worked. If it hadn't, I probably would have gone for some PB Blaster. Whatever you use, wash the parts well afterwards. I applied a little graphite lubricant afterwards.

Unexist

Dec 23, 2015
Austria / STMK
Damn, ok, so I will continue and try to get them apart with my rubber bands/glove. PB Blaster? Never heard of it. So I guess WD-40 will do the same job? Can you tell me if the locking ring is reverse threaded as @Kprthevapr asked? I can't even remember :D

I can hardly remember to lock the button you have to turn the ring clockwise and this way it will unscrew when disassembled. Am I right? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kprthevapr

Senkobill

Aug 30, 2017
Hey guys,

The locking ring on my Satan box mod got stuck :nah:
I dissambled the switch but wasn't able to move this thing even with two pair of pliers and rubberbands. There was no success with the freezer either.

Any ideas? I do not want to harm the brass housing/threading so I do not know which oils/chemicals can be safely used with this material.
I had a noisy cricket before and this thing had no locking mechanism at all so I am used to it, but with this mod I had it from beginning and it was kinda comfortable.

Had the same problem. A little heat like a hot car or letting it sit in the sun frees it up every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread