Status
Not open for further replies.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
DE, sorry to hear of the fails. I too think iSmoka should replace all these with good ones (if indeed they have fixed the problems). 1 or 2 days out of warranty shouldn't matter. But they will probably still sell a ton of TC 40W regardless because of a low price. I am an ex technician and would be happy to try to fix your 30 for free just to be able to inspect one of these closely. Pm me if interested. I don't blame you for switching brands. I have myself. Risking even a small amount of money is not worth it to me especially with the not quite up to par customer service. I've only heard of one clone failing. I'm thinking the clones are assembled better.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
All the problems come from the quality control. Ive seen busardos videos from his trip to china but I'm not convinced that the situation is like that. Poor QC. That's all.

I love my 50 and it's been going strong for more than 5 months.
I own 2 50s, 2 30s and wife has a 20. I've only had 3 go bad. Poor QC or poor quality, it makes no difference if they don't work.

Reactions: GranFumador

xpen

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2012
Italy
Niether my istick 50W nor my istick 30W were counterfeits. They were both purchased from authorized vendors and checked out with the ID system iSmoka provides on their website. Both of my iSsticks failed (one at one month, one at 3 months) due to auto firing. I keep my devices as clean as possible, so it was not my fault. One was 3 months and 1 day old and iSmoka would not replace it because it was one day out of their 90 day warranty. I will not buy again from a company that will not stand behind its devices.They should not blame counterfeits for their poorly-made products.
You shouldn't take it personally, that's just PR bull.... of the highest order IMO.
They're desperately trying to regain some reputation after so many failures, especially with the 50W, and that's probably the only excuse they could come up with.. Blame the clones..
Hopefully they've learned their lesson, even though we had the dubious privilege of paying for a public beta testing phase, and their next products will be better quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: JeremyR

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
I gave up on them permanently. Don't care if they're coming out with TC or not, by the way they're in bed with joyetech on this one. I'm just done with low end Chinese mods. I added up what I've spent on the low end gear and could have had better for what I paid so far. I have $45 in a new Vapor Shark DNA 30 for the wife, $64 for a Sig. 150 for me. Figure the price of 2, 20w, 2, 30w, 1 50w and that covered the price of the two I recently bought and will be working for long after the others fail. TC is in it's early stages so I'm not concerned to have one at this point. Maybe next year if and when advancements slow down. Couldn't see my DNA 40 or IPV 4 being obsolete in a few months so they sold.

Reactions: Bikenstein

Rory

Mar 9, 2011
UK
Wow! After six and a half years of vaping I've just discovered a whole new world :) The iStick 50W, Aspire Nautilus and Air-M have all arrived and I didn't realise just how good it was going to be. I'm actually enjoying a mixed berry juice (1.1%) in the Air-M at 15W, wonderful flavour, tons of vapour and even makes the room smell nice! In the Nautilus (1.8ohm) I've got 1.1% Virginia, great flavour at 11W and blows a good fog at 15W. Just about to try a coffee vape in my iClear X.1, probably lower it down to 9W to start with... Gonna be buzzing after tonight :)

Edit, just tried the iClear, great taste and good hit at 10W. Think I'm going to have fun with this :D

Last edited:

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
Wow! After six and a half years of vaping I've just discovered a whole new world :) The iStick 50W, Aspire Nautilus and Air-M have all arrived and I didn't realise just how good it was going to be. I'm actually enjoying a mixed berry juice (1.1%) in the Air-M at 15W, wonderful flavour, tons of vapour and even makes the room smell nice! In the Nautilus (1.8ohm) I've got 1.1% Virginia, great flavour at 11W and blows a good fog at 15W. Just about to try a coffee vape in my iClear X.1, probably lower it down to 9W to start with... Gonna be buzzing after tonight :)
Glad to hear you're happy with yours! Hopefully it's trouble free for you. I can't complain about mine it's been pretty good. Once in a while it will switch from wattage to voltage but the setting stays the same voltage wise.
My local B&M owner told me that the ones from before the Chinese holiday were better than the ones after. Any truth to this? I thought it was the opposite. Pretty sure mine is a pre Chinese holiday one.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
I have GS Air M and X.Is. Pretty good compared to the older smaller BCCs. Try a Lemo 2 and you'll be in Cloud Heaven...:)
My current favorite is a Hellboy on a REO.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Glad to hear you're happy with yours! Hopefully it's trouble free for you. I can't complain about mine it's been pretty good. Once in a while it will switch from wattage to voltage but the setting stays the same voltage wise.
My local B&M owner told me that the ones from before the Chinese holiday were better than the ones after. Any truth to this? I thought it was the opposite. Pretty sure mine is a pre Chinese holiday one.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
From my experience that's backwards...:)

mdbsat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
San Antonio
Well I will read through this thread for issues people may be having. I picked one up an hour ago and like it so far. I have been away from the forums for a year so I am WAY out of the loop of new batteries, mods etc. Hope I like it in six months!

EDIT: WOW, I wish I would have come back to the forums before buying another mod! I had no idea there were issues with auto-firing, this is scary. I have had mine a little over an hour with problems yeto_O

Last edited:

Rory

Mar 9, 2011
UK
A nice addition to a device like this would be a memory recall function so you could have presets for your different tanks or liquids. Only had it less than 24 hrs but I can see me plonking on my X.1 after blowing reek with the Air-M at 20W and forgetting to change the wattage!

I think my vaping style will change with this as well. With the eGo style clearos at lower wattages I tend to chain vape, it's never very far from my hand! With this setup the hit is so good even at 1.1% a few big puffs every 1/2 hour seems to suffice.

The iStick is working flawlessly, and the battery indicator has hardly changed from the factory charge :) I really like the ergonomics, fits in my hand perfectly and easy to trigger finger or thumb fire depending on which way round it is. Quite a heavy lump especially with the full size Nautilus on it.

IMG_1229_small.jpg

A great addition to my desk!

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Of all the Mods I own, my Elief iStick 50W is the favorite.
Looks good!
Feels very comfortable in the hand!
Plenty of fancies!
Strongly built,. ( Dropped it half a dozen times so far )
4400mAh battery lasts all day locked at 20watts, (with a 1.0 ohm coil build on Kangertech RBA )
Just plug it in before I go to sleep, and the next day, vape away.
Mine is the Fasttech ( iStick Styled 1 ) COST $32.00
This is my thoughts after using it for 2 months.
I wait to see how long it lasts for the next post on this ecf thread.
VapeOn

Rory

Mar 9, 2011
UK
OK, got this thing and I'm hooked on big battery mods. Still on the factory charge and I've vaped about 15ml through it at various wattages since Thursday, I'd have gone through about five of my eGo style batteries in that time but never been near a charger :) So I think I need a backup device then I can put all my eGos away, thinking of the MVP3 Pro which I can get for £35 - any thoughts? Or another iStick, or wait for the 40W TC one although don't think I'll get much advantage out of that. I want in-device charging, don't want to go back to charging 18650 again like my GG days!

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Following a bad couple of months for Eleaf with reports of the iStick 50W and 30W autofiring and in some cases melting, Eleaf

have come under some heavy criticism and scrutiny.

They recently released this statement:

“In recent months, many eLeaf iStick counterfeits have appeared on the market. We have analyzed these and believe them to be of poor quality and unsafe. It has constituted a serious infringement on our legal rights as well as the legitimate interests of our customers. Moreover, it casts adverse impact on the eLeaf brand image and reputation. Accordingly, we have taken legal measures against counterfeits, and have also taken some possible methods to control the extension of the infringement acts. Please double check via the security code and new surface marks that you are using an authentic eLeaf product. We thank you for supporting eLeaf!”

I don't think iSmoka is going to own up to any responsibility at all. By them making statements like this, I do believe they have resolved the problems with the 50s and 30s, though. There have been countless authentic units that have failed. Because of that, I would personally wait for any new units to be proven before risking any money (like xpen said). As fast as new mods are coming and going, I'm not buying anything new unless it's upgradeable like the SX Mini M :2c:
But the new eleaf 40w TC is tempting at $30 preorder. :)

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
I love having my collection of mods so yesterday I ordered the new Kanger Subox Kit in white, $57.00. I'm looking forward to this matching tank / mod unit. Of course it will take 3 weeks to get here from China. (NOTE: Never be in need of any vaping paraphernalia right away and order from Fast Tech.)
The reviews on YouTube are making Kangertechs newest stuff look good. I'm sure I'll be happy with it.
VapeOn

tehmidcap

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2015
PA
Following a bad couple of months for Eleaf with reports of the iStick 50W and 30W autofiring and in some cases melting, Eleaf

have come under some heavy criticism and scrutiny.

They recently released this statement:

“In recent months, many eLeaf iStick counterfeits have appeared on the market. We have analyzed these and believe them to be of poor quality and unsafe. It has constituted a serious infringement on our legal rights as well as the legitimate interests of our customers. Moreover, it casts adverse impact on the eLeaf brand image and reputation. Accordingly, we have taken legal measures against counterfeits, and have also taken some possible methods to control the extension of the infringement acts. Please double check via the security code and new surface marks that you are using an authentic eLeaf product. We thank you for supporting eLeaf!”

That's total bull, most or all of the button and auto-firing issues have been with the authentics and they know it (including my authentic with a very mushy button after a few months)... At least if they'd own up to it and promise to resolve it, it would give customers peace of mind.

If I wanted another IStick, I would probably intentionally buy a clone from FT over an authentic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread