The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

iStick 30W Tanks?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by VaporConnoisseur1263, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. VaporConnoisseur1263

VaporConnoisseur1263 New Member

May 5, 2015
    Michigan
    I have an iStick 30w but don't tend to have a lot of money for tanks. I just went and bought an Aspire BDC but it seems to taste burnt after a few hits in a row. Any recommended cheaper tanks that may work well with this Battery? I enjoy getting a good amount of vapor but keeping the taste at least somewhat at the same time. It's a 1.9 Resistance and I've been running the tank at the lowest setting (3.0 W 4.7V).

2. Eekins

Eekins Senior Member ECF Veteran

The eLeaf Melo tank is my favorite on there. It's a 0.5 ohm coil, its not too expensive, you can pick one up for just under $30 and the coils are reletively cheap compared to other sub ohm coils. Great flavor and decent vapor production. It was one of my first setups when I started getting into vaping as a hobby, and it's still one of my favorites for when I'm driving around town running my errands.

3. gandymarsh

gandymarsh Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2014
    WI, USA
    I have 2 Aspire Nautilus minis and 2 Eleaf GS Airs that work great on my iStick 20w. The Nautilus mini costs around $20 the GS Air costs under $10. Check out sweet-vapes.com

• Like Like x 2
  4. Fifacoinsfut
    This message by Fifacoinsfut has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, May 5, 2015.
    May 5, 2015
  5. Mike James

Mike James Moved On

May 5, 2015
    I thought GS air M might be nice. It is the new stuff of gs air series. Cheaper ,whatever

• Like Like x 1
  6. ElevenEleven

ElevenEleven Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 5, 2015
    It tastes burnt at 3 watts? Either you're not inhaling or you're vaping at 4.7 volts. 4.7v with a 1.9 ohm load should be ~11 watts.

7. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    Istick 30 has a voltage output range of 2v ~ 8v & a wattage range of 5w ~ 30w.
    watt & volt are two different modes, pick one or the other, you cannot adjust both at the same time. If you adjust watts to 3w then set volts to 4.7 you are vaping at 4.7v.
    4.7 / 1.9Ω = 11.62w which is likely 2w - 4w too much power for that type of clearomizer.
    5w / 1.9 Ω = 3.08v

I'd suggest a nautilus with the bvc heads.

8. Ray73

Ray73 Full Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Linden,NJ
    I have the Kanger subtank Nano and it works great with this setup. I got it for 25 bucks on discountvapepen.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.