Not open for further replies.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
@salemgold , but isn't that also over-drawing? I can see both as being fixes. I also learning to let go of the button before I stopped my draw. Just half of a second, but to draw up the last of any vapor in the chamber.

Just thought to throw that out there.

Could be. I just find it easier to increase the wattage than to change the way that I vape. Either way should work though.

Reactions: Fullknight

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Could be. I just find it easier to increase the wattage than to change the way that I vape. Either way should work though.
Yes, if I detect a bit of gurgling, I just hit the fire button a few (10) times to burn off some juice. I think it happens from the tank being on its side or carried in a swinging arm.

It is all part of adjusting on the fly to minor things.

spiritnan

Jan 20, 2012
USA
If it is starting to leak through the airflow holes after a few hours use, it sounds to me like you may need to increase your wattage for the resistance of coil that you are using. If you are getting more juice to the coil than you are vaporizing, the juice will flood the coil and leak out of the airflow holes.
Now that may be the issue , thx ! I have reassembled the tank 3 times now & each time it leaks ... am running a 0.5 ohm coil @ 22.5 W ... am new to these mods so it is most likely user error / learning curve ! I tried higher wattage but liked the vape @ 22.5 but maybe that is too low though I have no prob. running my iSubG tank with a 0.5 coil @ 22 W ... no prob. @ all with leaking . Rings all look good too ... could I have a lemon ?

Reactions: salemgold

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Dear spiritnan,,
Does your tank gurgle, wet straw effect. If so wrap tissue around air holes & blow. Will see juice on tissue, raise watts for a few toots. Problem solved. No you say?
OK, there is a pressure differential between the tank and the atmosphere.
Try this,, fill tank halfway, turn upside down right as you screw on top cap. Wait a few seconds, turn right side up. Fluid should move very slowly back down. If so you should be ok.
"State of Flux" has a blog on this site. Around 2013, explains in toto what I'm trying to say.
All tanks work this way & good luck..

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Switch your coil... you might have a dud that isn't wicking correctly.

But aside that, you have to ensure that you don't have a seal leak. Take tank off the mod, empty the tank, put in a new coil, put the tank together, close the airflow and suck on it.. you should not be able to suck in very much at all, if you do, you have an air leak somewhere, either bad seal or might actually have a faulty tank (though I've yet to see a bad Eleaf tank due to quality control).

Make sure your glass isn't cracked or damaged and sitting properly.

If sucking on it appears ok, just fill and suck on it a good 4-5 times (again, with the airflow closed) to get the priming going, but let it sit for a good 5-10 minutes, suck on it again a couple of time, put on mod, set wattage to about 25W, and fire it gently to make sure you aren't getting a dry hit. increase wattage to around 35W for a fairly standard setup.

If you aren't using Temp. control, consider it.. it is a fantastic way to vape regardless of what the haters say.

Make sure that you stay within the coils limits.

Melo tanks are great tanks (Melo2 is my go-go, my daughter uses both a melo 2 and a 3). They biggest if only flaw is opening them to switch the coil, they are difficult to open.

But the beauty of them is 1) there's dozens of brands of coils that you can use with them, 2) the coils are quite easy to rebuild 3) they are excellent for flavour, and heat with a proper coil as the vertical cartridge allows for a fairly huge coil. (I've been rebuilding mine, using NI for temp. control, 26G, 28G, and 30G, at 4mm size, and they've been excellent)

spiritnan

Jan 20, 2012
USA
Dear spiritnan,,
Does your tank gurgle, wet straw effect. If so wrap tissue around air holes & blow. Will see juice on tissue, raise watts for a few toots. Problem solved. No you say?
OK, there is a pressure differential between the tank and the atmosphere.
Try this,, fill tank halfway, turn upside down right as you screw on top cap. Wait a few seconds, turn right side up. Fluid should move very slowly back down. If so you should be ok.
"State of Flux" has a blog on this site. Around 2013, explains in toto what I'm trying to say.
All tanks work this way & good luck..
Thx Daviedog ... 4th try ... took apart again , cleaned , refilled ... this time pulled coil out & reset less firmly ( may have been pushed in too far / tightly before ) ... some gurgling so upped wattage & guess what ?! No more leaking :) So it was user error , which I thought it must be ... again am new to these new mods & tanks etc so I expected a learning curve but not as much as it turned out to be ! I do not recall screwing the coil in tightly on first attempt ... just filled up fresh from factory , so perhaps it got jammed in during manufacturing assembly or ? Anyhow ... key seems to be a higher wattage ( makes sense ) & a snug but not tight fit . Thank you for the helpful suggestions ... just knew it had to be sthg I was doing wrong ( or else a lemon )

spiritnan

Jan 20, 2012
USA
Switch your coil... you might have a dud that isn't wicking correctly.

But aside that, you have to ensure that you don't have a seal leak. Take tank off the mod, empty the tank, put in a new coil, put the tank together, close the airflow and suck on it.. you should not be able to suck in very much at all, if you do, you have an air leak somewhere, either bad seal or might actually have a faulty tank (though I've yet to see a bad Eleaf tank due to quality control).

Make sure your glass isn't cracked or damaged and sitting properly.

If sucking on it appears ok, just fill and suck on it a good 4-5 times (again, with the airflow closed) to get the priming going, but let it sit for a good 5-10 minutes, suck on it again a couple of time, put on mod, set wattage to about 25W, and fire it gently to make sure you aren't getting a dry hit. increase wattage to around 35W for a fairly standard setup.

If you aren't using Temp. control, consider it.. it is a fantastic way to vape regardless of what the haters say.

Make sure that you stay within the coils limits.

Melo tanks are great tanks (Melo2 is my go-go, my daughter uses both a melo 2 and a 3). They biggest if only flaw is opening them to switch the coil, they are difficult to open.

But the beauty of them is 1) there's dozens of brands of coils that you can use with them, 2) the coils are quite easy to rebuild 3) they are excellent for flavour, and heat with a proper coil as the vertical cartridge allows for a fairly huge coil. (I've been rebuilding mine, using NI for temp. control, 26G, 28G, and 30G, at 4mm size, and they've been excellent)

spiritnan

Jan 20, 2012
USA
Hey thx Imfallen Angel for the in-depth & very helpful suggestion & explanation !
I believe I was not vaping @ a high enough wattage ( new to these more powerful mods ! ) + the coil was jammed down into the setting too far & perhaps causing the seal to be compromised ? Anyhow ... 4th time taking apart , cleaning , checking all the bits , reassembling , filling & setting @ 25 W ( was @ 22.5 before , which seemed strong enough for me ) & it gurgled a bit on the first few hits then worked wonderfully ... just as it should ! Perhaps I also primed the wicks too much on first try & they needed to dry out a bit ? Anyhow ... thx so much for the help ... got it running smoothing now & loving it ! Vaped it down to draining ( almost ) the tank & no leaking whatsoever :) :) :) I cannot tell you how happy I am & a bit embarrassed @ how long it took me to figure out ! Oh well ... live & learn !

spiritnan

Jan 20, 2012
USA
"If it is starting to leak through the airflow holes after a few hours use, it sounds to me like you may need to increase your wattage for the resistance of coil that you are using. If you are getting more juice to the coil than you are vaporizing, the juice will flood the coil and leak out of the airflow holes."
@ Salemgold ... that makes sense & it does somewhat solve the problem , thx !
After 5 times of taking the tank apart & cleaning & using a new coil + with the following advice from the vendor ... turn the tank upside down after filling for a few seconds ... sthg. to do with the air bubbles contacting the coil ... all these things together have solved the problem , yeah !
Thx so much for all the help everyone !
Now I am finally enjoying the Mello ! ( though still prefer the iSubG tank )
Suggestions for other tanks similar to the Mello & iSubG anyone ? I am loving the clouds these new setups give !

Reactions: Ales Simunic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread