Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Is the Eleaf iStick Pico a good device? I really don't need any new equipment but I like the sleek/small looks of this device. It's got a pretty cheap price as well. Is it a quality device?
Lets put it this way. I got one and reviewed it in my blog.

Then I went back and bought another.

I like it for three reasons.

1. Pocket friendly
2. Supports wattages 1-75 watts
3. The battery goes in upside down with vent holes at tge bottom. If it vents the gasses will be directed away from your face.

Item #3 above is the primary reason i bought a second Pico

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have one. I think the first thing to go will be the threads on the battery cap. They seem a bit delicate and if you aren't really careful with it you can easily cross thread it. I prefer devices with a magnetic battery door.

Since I really don't need and can truthfully say, I never will need as much power as the pico is capable of putting out I prefer my kbox mini and/or cloupor mini+. Both feel much better in my smaller hand. I prefer the rounded edges of the Kbox mini over the Cloupor but still enjoy using it. Both have the magnetic battery door. That is one of the main things I look for when buying a new device.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I love the Pico and so does my wife. Totally agree with 2 bears. Always charge (whenever possible) with external charger. I use LG 3000mah batts. They last over 24 hours so if I pop a fresh charge in before leaving for the day I never worry about running low.

Common tip is to lock the up down buttons (press both for 2 seconds). Since they are on the bottom they can be unknowingly toggled pretty easily.

It's probably one of the best compact 18650 mods on the market for under 30 bucks.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
its a great mod for its price: around $30 shipped.

Smallest regulated box mod on the market that takes a single 18650. ONLY 2 cons for me.

1. For some reason the wattage setting trickles down when the mod is idle by about 0.1W increments.

2. its not going to fit any atty with a diameter larger than 23mm, even some of my 22mm and 23mm's do not fit due to protruding AFC/JFC etc.

Other than that its a very solid device.

Reactions: HemiHonda

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA

Smallest regulated box mod on the market that takes a single 18650. ONLY 2 cons for me.

1. For some reason the wattage setting trickles down when the mod is idle by about 0.1W increments.

2. its not going to fit any atty with a diameter larger than 23mm, even some of my 22mm and 23mm's do not fit due to protruding AFC/JFC etc.

Do you lock your bottom buttons? The only time I get unexpected power adjustments is when the buttons aren't locked. Doesn't take much of random push to change setting. Kinda like pocket dialing. Lol

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Do you lock your bottom buttons? The only time I get unexpected power adjustments is when the buttons aren't locked. Doesn't take much of random push to change setting. Kinda like pocket dialing. Lol

I don't actually. Could be that I'm accidentally pressing the buttons but I believe its been reported by other users as well in the dedicated thread. Not a big issue however.

Cumulo Vapus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2016
I reported a little glitch where the thing wouldnt turn on or off sometimes with the 5 clicks...no matter how you click...someone said use deliberate clicks...it behaved the same on all clicking styles...slow, deliberate, rapid....and then one day it went away.

Didnt bother me...i would get another one when mine finally croaks...cant imagine a 30 buck china device lasting forever.

HemiHonda

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Arizona

I'm checking to see what size Smok Micro and eGo Mega is. Those are my all days tanks.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Yes I think it is I'm using one right now lol the only thing is tho the crown tank won't fit the air control ring on the tank gets in the way but other then that I like it no complaints so far ,fits in my pocket perfectly and feels good in the Hand

All this. I do notice that the power drops 1/10w occasionally. I could lock it, but I don't. I'm guessing I'm tapping the button?

TheMike21

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2015
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Now I'm pretty excited about my purchase. I have the VTC Mini but this sucker looks smaller, I need a good pocket device.

I love waiting for my vape mail...like Christmas.
My VTC Mini was replaced with this, people always say I'm crazy and that it makes no sense, but I feel the battery lasts longer + on TC I don't get anemic vapes (unless I'm coming in and out of the AC but that happens with every TC device I have).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread