Status
Not open for further replies.

mudram99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2014
South Jawja, United States
Thanks guys, she's goin on 85 but she has started vapin and quit cigs CT. I think she just wanted to get out of the house. :)
Sometimes it's not so easy to find problems. A new plastic bag machine at Union Camp had never ran right even after plant startup and with 4 technicians and their foreman workin on it daily for weeks. I checked it out and 4 hrs later after troubleshooting circuit boards and the controller, found 2 solenoid switches that actuated the cut and wrap functions wired backward by the electrician who installed the machine. :)

Sometimes all it takes is a fresh set of eyes. (as long as those eyes have a little sense between and slightly behind them) :p

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Glad I looked ahead for a change. Was gonna say the same thing. I would absolutely love to own one of those, today. :)

I remember my Dad laughin at his brother for buyin one. I thought the push button transmission was cool but it seemed kinda cheap to me even as a kid cause I was used to manual hard shiftin trannys and couldn't see pushin little buttons to do it electrically. :) The car was old then but my Uncle was still sure it was gonna be the wave of the future :)

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Sometimes all it takes is a fresh set of eyes. (as long as those eyes have a little sense between and slightly behind them) :p

Yeah true in a lot of cases but what I believe is some people retain too much unnecessary junk in their head from being educated with systems that are over inflated and exaggerated by scholars who want to inflate their own egos. Nothin is rocket science but.......rocket science and that probly ain't too hard either :laugh:

mudram99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2014
Yeah true in a lot of cases but what I believe is some people retain too much unnecessary junk in their head from being educated with systems that are over inflated and exaggerated by scholars who want to inflate their own egos. Nothin is rocket science but.......rocket science and that probly ain't too hard either :laugh:

Very true! I was launching them at about 9 years old. ESTES models were really kool :)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I loved smoking. 3 PAD. Never tried to quit. I liked the effect of the nicotine - a 'relaxed focus' - something that as far as I know, no other drug does. Some focus (or go beyond focus :) and some relax (or go beyond relax), but none that I know of do both at the same time. I also liked the smoke - after ecigs, I think it is at least 50% of the habit. Imo, it adds to the focus - a non-distracting presence....

"Sherlock Holmes sat silent for a few minutes with his finger tips still pressed together, his legs stretched out in front of him and his gaze directed upwards to the ceiling. Then he took down from the rack the old and oily clay pipe , which was to him as a counselor, and, having it, he leaned back in his chair, with the thick blue cloud-wreaths spinning up from him, and a look of infinite languor in his face."

Holmes again, to Watson:
"It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes."

Or, we can remember the case in which Holmes needed a pound of the strongest shag tobacco to resolve the problem and stayed alone all the day smoking, and Watson found him in a sort of trance, in a room that "was so filled with the smoke that the light of the lamp upon the table was blurred by it and my first impression as I opened the door was that a fire has broken out".

When I got my first 'good' ecig - a Janty Dura-c (510) after a failed supermini, mainly out of curiosity, not trying to 'quit cigs', I decided when I got the 'urge' I'd hit the ecig first for three draws and if that didn't work, I'd have a cigarette. When the nic hit the blood stream, I was good. And never had a cigarette after that. The nicotine and the vapor was enough to satisfy. I don't claim that to be true for everyone, it quite obviously is not. I've never had any real desire to use WTA and I know that for some that 'does it'. I don't need big clouds, just some clouds (which is what the supermini didn't provide that the 510 did.)

And, again, while not an intended goal, I had good "collateral undamage" along the lines that billh speaks - lighter upper respiratory effects and no morning cough which for me was usually in the winter here in Ohio.

All that said, if somehow ecigs are banned - or I run out of my 'preppers' supplies, I'd go back to smoking.

First off, I loved loved loved the Sherlock references, Kent!

Secondly, I wonder just how many of us would go back to smoking............ sigh.

IMRs, and others who mentioned it...... (Katya, go away at this point and do not read what I'm about to say....)

There are some vendors who still have the older style BVCs. One that did (at least a few days back) is 101vape. I do suggest that if anyone wants them to write the vendor first to be sure.

(Ok, Katyaya, you may come back now.) ;)

Please see this thread before you start dry burning BVC coils--it's really a bad idea.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-nautilus-mini-successfully.html#post15187036

Abstolutely do not dry burn clearo coils. It won't do any good, and it only annoys the coil. :laugh:

Denture tablets again, lol. Vaping has come full circle. Can't remember what we used them for back then- atties?

Saw a post where someone was using Teabags or coffee filters around their coils also Haha..

r7777777, I was giggling along with you. It's so amazing/amusing to see things go completely full circle! (And yes, I still have the ole Polident denture tablets in the back of the cupboard along with the blue foam and tea bags and screw/straw mods.)

We're back to the old and heated debates about cleaning cartomizers. ;)

Can't be done. Really. Honestly. We tried. :D

THAT, we did. Don't bother...... we promise you!

There are different kinds of silica.

One kind is OK for vaping--and it's been discussed on this forum for quite some time, long before Aspire introduced their fiberglass/ceramic wicking material. ;) Amorphous silica, commonly used in wicks by all (or most) e-cig manufacturers, has been deemed safe by our resident chemists and is even approved by FDA for use in food and medicine.

The other kind, the crystalline silica, or fiberglass, also often referred to as ceramic, originally used by Aspire in their BVC coils, is the kind of silica that has caused the controversy.

Please read this post by tenshi, and this one by Boden, and [URL="http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/health-safety-vaping/377764-dangers-silica-wicks-5.html#post9181477"]this one by Kurt, [/URL]our resident chemist and a person I trust completely in all matters related to chemistry.

More on the subject:

http://srs.unm.edu/industrial-hygiene/media/docs/silica.pdf

"Amorphous Silica: Multiple studies have found amorphous silica to be biologically inert when
ingested and inhaled, with the exception of extruded fiberglass and ceramic fibers (which have been
designated as carcinogens by the National Toxicology Program), which are hazardous due to their
very small size and their high length to width aspect ratio. Because of this inertness, the US Food
and Drug Administration permits the use of amorphous silica (not fiberglass or ceramic fibers!) in food
and medicine.
"

Just for the record.

My hero-ess. :wub:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I know the feelin', Bikerz. ;)

When am I gonna learn to listen to you Bike? :lol: Actually that was some enlightening and interesting information. However I have transitioned completely to rayon even though I have a large amount of Rodeasian organic cotton that was loving farmed by virgin nymphs going stale. ;)

So Mud. How do you exactly define a virgin nymph that's gone stale. :blink:

@ KeloGes....Other than the power plants, my background includes a somewhat wide variety including motorcycle mechanics/custom builds, Industrial and Residential electrical and electronics, vibration analysis and balancing, Crane and heavy equipment operator, Welding and Fabrication Instructor, Land Surveying, Framing and finishing carpentry, Cabinet making, Machine shop supervision, Maintenance Millwright Supervision, Shipyard Supervision, Design, manufacture, and sales of Commercial and Residential Exercise equipment, Powder coating, and juice delivery man on the southside of Chicago :laugh: There are other things too like landscaping and land clearing, kitchen and bathroom renovations, concrete, stone, tile, waterfall ponds, decks etc. But actually the thing about the super atty's was more of a joke than anything because of the present rush to get the biggest clouds. I was somewhat serious about the juice delivery and vaporization system though because I do think there will be changes that will make the wire coil system obsolete, like the old point coil ignition and carburetors have been replaced by cdi and fuel injection. Then again look how long the internal combustion engine design was built in basically the same fashion for many decades, improved upon yes but it's still basically the same concept. I may just think too much :laugh:

I think you think greatly. What do you THINK of induction for our purposes?

You are wrong. Per Aspire, the coils with larger holes predate the cotton filler. Don't ask my why. But the new coils will eventually be all cotton, at some point. :p

Aspire Support: •View topic - Different revisions of BVC coils?

"Doubts and fears are due to the lack of cognition." ;)

They can be rebuilt.

And they also can be used safely, I believe, if you follow Aspire's directions--do not clean, dry burn or otherwise mess with them. Use them for a while, at safe wattages, keep them wet (you really don't want to burn that filler) and discard when flavor and vapor begin to go South. :)

I haz lack of cognition!!!!!! :shock:

Your new tag line, mudster. I like it.

mudram99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2014

I haz lack of cognition!!!!!! :shock:

Your new tag line, mudster. I like it.

Darling, publicly explaning that would most assuredly get me a lifetime ban from not only ECF but possibly other forums that aren't even associated with ECF. :lol:

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab

Haven't thought about induction. Maybe a piezoelectric generator or capacitor discharge electronic system. :laugh::vapor:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
First off, I loved loved loved the Sherlock references, Kent!

Secondly, I wonder just how many of us would go back to smoking............ sigh.

That's only if all the 'ifs' happen. At this point, I don't see it happening. :) Not that there aren't some people trying to make it happen :facepalm:

I've always thought of the smoke/vapor as a 'contemplative aid'. All hunch, no science though :) Not sure if many have thought of it in that manner but the Sherlock (A.C.Doyle's) passages made sense to me. lol

I like this one too: ;)

“I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind--and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression.” Ayn Rand.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

a herman.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread