Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 Review and Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burkett17

Mar 13, 2018
The Pico Squeeze 2 is here, and is the long awaited update to the original Pico Squeeze that was released in 2016. Thanks to its small form factor, affordable price, and superb squonking performance, the original Pico Squeeze was a big hit, and remains one of the most popular squonk mods on the market today.

We are also going to be giving away a all Stainless Pico Squueze 2 Thanks eleaf!

This product was sent to me for the purpose of the review, but this does not influence my opinions on this product.

Inside the packaging

• 1 x Pico Squeeze 2 Squonk Mod

• 1 x Coral 2 RDA

• 2 x 0.2ohm Clapton coils

• 1 x Cotton

• 1 x Battery Adapter

• 1 x Micro-USB Cable

• Spare Parts

• User Manual

Specs

• Size: 78mm by 56mm by 28mm

• Regulated Squonker: Avatar Chipset

• Power Mode, Bypass Mode, VW Mode

• Fires at up to 100W

• Temperature Control Mode

• Ni200, Titanium, and SS316 Stainless Steel Compatibility

• 0.49″ OLED Display

• Puff time & Puff Counter

• 8ml Squonk Bottle

• Colored LED Bottle Illumination

• Powered by a Single High-Amp 21700/18650 Battery (Must use Adapter for 18650)

• Numerous Battery Safety Protections

Coral 2 RDA

• 24mm Diameter

• Stainless Steel Construction

• Two Post, Single Coil Build Deck

• One Slot, Adjustable Airflow

• 810 Wide Bore Drip Tip

• Includes Solid 510 Pin & Bottom Feeding Squonk Pin

Design

The first thing you’ll notice when you grab the product out of the box is its weight. It has a solid feel and is pretty heavy, even without a battery.

Eleaf has stayed true to the design of the original Pico Squeeze with a similar body shape and a battery cap that is positioned next to the atomizer. The Pico Squeeze 2 is designed for use with a single high amperage 21700 battery. However, it will also function with movement with a 20700 battery. Additionally, you can use an 18650 battery by using the included adapter.

The Pico Squeeze 2 has a simple 3 button layout. “+” button and a “-” button located on the bottom front of the device, and the fire button located on the back.

The adjustment buttons on the front are designed as a single circle, and each button is half of the circle. This leads to some trouble when adjusting the wattage and scrolling through the menus, as the buttons are so close together. I would of preferred if they were two seperate buttons spaced a bit farther apart, but not a huge deal.

The fire button on the Pico Squeeze 2 is positioned great for right handed use. You’re able to hit the fire button with your thumb, and squonk the bottle with your other fingers. However, using the fire button with any finger other than your thumb is a little awkward, and this means that there’s really only one way to hold and fire the Squeeze 2.

The OLED display on the Pico Squeeze 2 is rather small at 0.49”, but it displays a ton of info. The font is crisp and clear, and I had no problem with the readouts.

The squonk bottle and its housing are extremely well done. To access the bottle, gently pull down and away to remove the housing. From here, you can remove the bottle by pulling it down and off of the rod.

The squonk bottle on the Squeeze 2 will hold up to 8ml of ejuice, and is a little stiff to me once filled with ejuice.

The cutout at the top of the bottle is off center, and more towards one side. This is so when you insert the bottle, it will go in perfectly aligned and sit flush in the housing.

Adding a touch of flair to the device, there is a colored LED located behind the squonk bottle. This can illuminate in up to seven different colors, and aids in seeing your juice level. While a bit gimmicky, I found it rather useful.

While I didn’t like the design at first, through use it’s proven to be very easy to use and I haven’t experienced any instances of leaking from around the bottle. That’s rare to find in a squonk mod. Major points to Eleaf here.

The Coral 2 RDA is 24mm in diameter, and comes with an optional decorative ring that matches the battery cover. This RDA is constructed of stainless steel, and features a two post build deck designed for single coil builds. The Coral 2 RDA has a single airflow slot, and is fully adjustable.

The deck on the Coral 2 is a “two sided” design. One side is fully open around the sides and has the two posts. The other side is enclosed, with only the airflow slot going directly to the coil.

Features

The Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 is a single battery squonk mod that is powered by the all new “Avatar” chipset. For a relatively unknown chip, the Avatar delivers great performance and reliability. To turn the device on/off, click the fire button five times fast.

The Squeeze 2 is feature filled, and will fire in Power mode, Bypass mode, VW Mode, and Temperature Control mode. In power mode, the Pico Squeeze 2 will fire at up to 100W, and provides instant power when you hit the fire button. In Temperature Control mode, the Squeeze 2 will support Ni200, Titanium, and SS316 Stainless Steel.

To switch between modes, click the fire button three times fast. This will also allow you to set/access your three memory modes for TCR Adjustments.

The 0.49” display will show vaping information such as your current wattage, battery level, and coil resistance, and gives you the option of selecting the last readout. By default, it will show voltage.

To change the readout, you can enter the menu by holding the “+” button and the fire button simultaneously for about 3 seconds. Then hit the + button to go to the next item, and hit the fire button. This will allow you to select between displaying your puff count, total time puffed, or voltage. Pretty neat.

The menu also has a ton of other options.

These include:

• Stealth Mode: Prevents the screen from turning on for more stealthy use. Remember to turn off the LED as well for complete stealth.

• Preheat: Allow you to set the preheat settings. Wattage and Time.

• Logo: Allows you to choose if the logo is displayed or not. You can upload a custom logo using eleafs software, but it has to be pretty tiny.

• LED Color: Allow you to change between cycling the default colors, or using a solid one of your choice. There are seven colors to choose from. You can also turn the LED off completely.

• Hardware/Firmware version: Displays your current hardware and firmware version.

• Battery Voltage: Shows the current voltage of your battery.

You can lock adjustment of the Squeeze 2 by holding the + and – buttons together for a few seconds. You’ll see “Key Lock” appear. To unlock, it’s the same thing. Unfortunately, this key lock doesn’t stop the device from firing. The only way to lock the fire button is by shutting the device off with five clicks on the power button. A little annoying, but hopefully this gets fixed in a future firmware update. On the bright side, the Pico Squeeze 2 turns on/off nearly instantly, so at least that lessens the inconvenience by a bit.

Performance

I have to say that I’m quite impressed with the Pico Squeeze 2. There simply aren’t that many great regulated squonkers out there, so I was excited to review this device.

Luckily , I wasn’t let down. The device fires near instantly when you hit the button, and was extremely reliable without any malfunctions.

The squonking performance is stellar on the Pico Squeeze 2, and as mentioned earlier, I had no problems with leaking of any sort from the bottle. The design and housing rod are a little strange in the beginning, but once you see how well it works, you’ll be sold. It’s extremely easy to fill and reinsert the bottle, and the chances of making a mess are minimal if you’re careful. The little rubber tip attached to the rod makes a great seal, and overall, the entire squonking mechanism is very well built.

The Squeeze 2 does well with some of the most popular squonk RDAs on the market, and I personally tested it with the Dead Rabbit RDA, Recurve RDA & Drop RDA in addition to the Coral 2 RDA. They all performed great, and I had no problems with squonking.

The Coral 2 RDA, definitely isn’t the greatest RDA you can get. However, that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t deliver at all. Rather, the Coral 2 RDA is actually pretty decent flavorwise, but has a few issues that hold me back from using it.

Firstly, I had a few instances of leaking from the airflow hole, as the deck on the Coral 2 isn’t that deep. You have to be very careful not to over squonk, or else it will flood and create a messy disaster. When it comes to the deck, your leads will have to be precut.

Not bad, however securing your coil onto the deck is rather difficult, and it takes a bit of patience to get it in.

Additionally, the Coral 2 RDA gets extremely hot after a bit of chain vaping. I was vaping at around 60W with a 0.2ohm clapton, and it was almost too hot to touch.

Pros

* Power, Bypass, VW & TC Modes

* Fires at up to 100W

* Great 8ml Squonk Bottle

* Great Squonk Performance

* Affordable Price

Cons

* Adjustment Buttons are too close together

* Fire Button can only comfortably be used with your thumb

* Small Screen

* Bottle stiff when filled with juice.

Conclusion

This Squonker gets a solid recommendation. The Pico Squeeze 2 is a reliable squonk mod that will fire at up to 100W in power mode, and is also capable of bypass, VW, and Temperature Control mode as well.

The settings are very adjustable, and the LED is a nice touch. The squonking mechanism works without a hitch, and it’s easy to fill and reattach the bottle.

For these reasons and more, the Pico Squeeze 2 makes a great regulated squonk mod.

Giveaway!

All you have to do is tell me is would you get this mod or not and what’s your favorite squonker to date.

Good Luck to everyone!

U.S. only

Must be 18, 19 & 21 in some states.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Great little squonker. My favorite squonker right now is my bad to the bone Desire X Ohmboy Rage dual 18650 squonk mod. This thing is rock solid and the bottle refill/replace system is a marvel of engineering, in fact I hear it is being considered for eighth wonder of the world status. I don’t know who this ohmboy is, and it’s a super dumb name, but he may be a genius, with the stupidest name ever.
P.S. if ohmboy is on this forum and reads this, I’m sorry, send your complaints to
321 up urs drive
Walla Walla WA. 89712
Care of: the Ohm Man :pervy:

lancasterv3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
I have been eyeballing this mod for some time now. I have absolutely no complaints about eleaf products. Simple, clean, reliable and preform flawlessly. I wouldn't expect anything less from this mod. Seems like companies now make these ridiculously looking mods with the led's. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if one offered a disco ball, you know for those unexpected dance parties. Anywho my point being Eleaf has always produced visually appealing mods including this one.

My current squonk is the coppervape. Can't beat it for the price and preformance.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread