Elegant/storage containers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Was curious if there items out there that were more elegant to store all of your e-cig toys in (perhaps lined with velvet, etc...you know something nicer then just plastic?

I found a fishing tackle like storage container thingie at an arts and crafts store the day and while it definitely does the job, I was just thinking that there has to be something nicer out there...even perhaps online?

If you guys know of better storage containers/nicer, etc please post your links.

Thanks

Aunt Cranky

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Chicagoland
I know that some of the craft stores carry wooden boxes of various size that you can DIY however you choose. I was thinking of taking up a project to do just that - download some images, something to decorate it with / decopage, and then line with fabric. You can also stain these boxes with whatever color you like, spraypaint, etc.

I guess it just depends on how craft-y you are.

(I also like the idea of vintage cigar boxes, you could probably find some on ebay if you don't have a decent antique shop nearby)

Gristle

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2011
Kentucky
something like this?
166006_ts.JPG

or this?
192826i_ts.JPG

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
BTW what exactly is a "train case?" Hehe...never heard of one. I mean I see the case but what does it stand for?

Lol they, like steamer trunks, were used when traveling before cars and airplanes became the norm. Travel by train or passenger ship took quite a bit longer so you packed more, and then lived out of the trunks while traveling. I've seen some vintage steamer trunks that actually came with their own tea set.

And yes, if you're looking for something mobile you might want it a little smaller, but if you're going to use it for storing all your vaping supplies I'd suggest going twice as large as you think you'll need. I never thought I'd fill mine up, but it's packed pretty full and that doesn't include what I use daily.

Last edited:

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I just started vaping, and I find that next to my computer, I want something that will hold at least two VP's upright, and probably a several cartomizers, too.

I'm planning on getting a blcok of wood - probably a two by four, cut about six inches long. Drill three holes the right size for my eGo batteries to sit, so they won't fall over. And a number of smaller holes for cartomizers with their plastic covers. Sand it down smooth, maybe some wood stain to make it look nice.

For smoke juice and other misc stuff, I plan to get a wood cigar box.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Lol they, like steamer trunks, were used when traveling before cars and airplanes became the norm. Travel by train or passenger ship took quite a bit longer so you packed more, and then lived out of the trunks while traveling. I've seen some vintage steamer trunks that actually came with their own tea set.

And yes, if you're looking for something mobile you might want it a little smaller, but if you're going to use it for storing all your vaping supplies I'd suggest going twice as large as you think you'll need. I never thought I'd fill mine up, but it's packed pretty full and that doesn't include what I use daily.

Yeah I did a search on eBay and saw they have tons but was curiuos...does Walgreens still sell them? I went on their site but didn't see any. What other stores besides Walgreens and eBay might I find them at? That definitely is what I'm looking for...my clear fishing tackle box style one that I got an the arts and crafts store will work fine but I definitely like what you got much better (especially the inside of it being lined with what appears to be velvet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread