Storage container.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trips1103

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
North Carolina
I'm looking for something nice that could hold about 25 bottles of juice and my accessories ... carts, cartos, syringe, attys, etc ......

I've checked out tackle boxes and tool boxes at Walmart, K-mart, etc ... but I haven't found anything that would look decent on a kitchen counter.

The closest I've gotten were travel make up and toiletries containers, but they all look like they belong in the bathroom.

I have my small carrying pouches for when I go out, but the rest of my stuff is everywhere. Starting to get overwhelmed.

If anyone has tips or links or pictures they could post and wouldn't mind helping me out I'd really appreciate it. :)

lostknitter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
Lee's Summit, MO
I don't know how much stuff you have, but would a photo storage box hold it? They come in lots of different patterns and would hold quite a bit. If not, if there is a Hobby Lobby near you, they often have decorative boxes, wood, metal, small trunks that might work and look nice setting out. Their inventory changes so if you don't see something this week, try again in a few weeks or so.

boondongle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2009
Doylestown, Pa
I use SnapWare Snap 'N Stack medium-sized containers to store and organize my gear at home. Here's a good starter set. You can get 2.25 inch add-on sections, or smaller 1.25 inch layers. There's also a battery organizer that fits in one of the 1.25 inch trays, or you can stack two inside one of the 2.25 inch sections. For smaller parts, you can get a 6-section divider for the 2.25 inch sections.

You can often find a starter kit at Staples stores at better prices than the website.

clutchjunkie

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
SoCal
I use old wooden cigar boxes. They smell good (generally), are cheap as a lot of cigar shops sell them off or even throw them away when they don't need them, and look pretty pimp. I have a black one on my desk I paid $3 for, makes my work area look classy and it would probably hold around 40 10ml juice bottles if I had that many.

Trips1103

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
North Carolina
Thanks for the tips all. Right now I'm using gift boxes and cigar boxes. I don't really like the clear/see through type of stuff. Looking more for something like a tackle box I think. But I just can't find one that's half way attractive.

I appreciate your helping! I'll have to run into something I like soon. I'm gonna start losing little pieces of stuff. :(

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
we use something similar to this

Amazon.com: Stack-On DS-30 30 Drawer Storage Cabinet: Home Improvement

We got a label maker and labelled each drawer with a flavor. We keep the bottle of that flavor and any cartos that have been used with that flavor in each drawer. We have one drawer just for storing batteries, one drawer just for storing atty's, one drawer for storing misc adapters and parts. And the rest are all for juice.

The one we got was at Walmart in the hardware section. What is different about it is the top of it is indented, offering a perfect place to keep larger things like battery chargers and our Darwins.

radiated1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
kansas city mo
I had the same problem. Created my own. Charging station. Drawer box from office supply section. Inserts from fishing department. All from walmart. I choose inserts with adjustable slots to change sizes depending on my needs.

00d3bec9.jpg

19f5551d.jpg

148fdf44.jpg

ccdbe417.jpg

Trips1103

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
North Carolina
This is very similar to the one I ended up getting. :) The one I got has some drawers that are different sizes, which is convenient.

we use something similar to this

Amazon.com: Stack-On DS-30 30 Drawer Storage Cabinet: Home Improvement

We got a label maker and labelled each drawer with a flavor. We keep the bottle of that flavor and any cartos that have been used with that flavor in each drawer. We have one drawer just for storing batteries, one drawer just for storing atty's, one drawer for storing misc adapters and parts. And the rest are all for juice.

The one we got was at Walmart in the hardware section. What is different about it is the top of it is indented, offering a perfect place to keep larger things like battery chargers and our Darwins.

Last edited:

Pur3Rush

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Southern California
I bought some juice here from another member, and he sent me 25 10ml bottles placed perfectly in a plastic shotgun shell case. It's small and holds a lot. The plastic container is very sturdy as well. It's unconventional I know but works perfectly. Maybe not a kitchen accessory though. Although, I don't see why you wouldn't store juice in a closet or something where it's dark and the temp is lower than the rest of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread