Elephone ELE Star 80W TC Box Mod - same chip as the SX mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
I couldn't find anything on this, based on the chip this could be interesting - if it's what it says it is.

The manufacturer normally manufactures cheap Android phones...

3469nom.jpg

f0szrq.jpg

FishingBuffalo

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Collinsville,TX
They could use the same controller chip. The Yihi SX350j is a whole board made to a quality standard. A mod maker that makes cheap Androids,hmmmmmm. (To the tune of the old series- Dragnet) Clone Clone Clone Clone, Clone Clone Clone Clone, CLOOOONE! The mod you are about to get may or not be real, the name has NOT been changed to protect anybody.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I doubt that it's a YIHI SX chip the ad says same as, which to me is a clone chip.
Dont quite understand that. What could they have said? They say the chip is the same as the 'yihi sx mini' which is a mod not a chip. It may very well be a clone but
I disnt take the same from the wording of the ad as you!!

ps.although it is cheap, dont forget yihi have moved on to the 350J V2 chipset so they may very well be flogging the older type off. I guess we will see!

Last edited:
Reactions: mtbason35

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
Look at the above ad again it says "same chip" as the SX mini. Which clearly states Chip not mod. And "same as" would indicate clone or they would have stated Has yihi sx 350 like hotcig did with the DNA 200 or like the reuleaux with genuine DNA 200 but can be had cheaper with their RX 200. Either way a few weeks from now none of this will matter there will be something else on the block,

mtbason35

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
North Carolina
Dont quite understand that. What could they have said? They say the chip is the same as the 'yihi sx mini' which is a mod not a chip. It may very well be a clone but
I disnt take the same from the wording of the ad as you!!

ps.although it is cheap, dont forget yihi have moved on to the 350J V2 chipset so they may very well be flogging the older type off. I guess we will see!
From the picture it also appears to say "POWERFU+" which was also misspelled on the sx mini m class. A 1:1 clone to a T if it is in fact a clone. I believe this may just be yihi offloading the old chips.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Look at the above ad again it says "same chip" as the SX mini. Which clearly states Chip not mod. And "same as" would indicate clone or they would have stated Has yihi sx 350 like hotcig did with the DNA 200 or like the reuleaux with genuine DNA 200 but can be had cheaper with their RX 200. Either way a few weeks from now none of this will matter there will be something else on the block,
Its either the same or it isnt surely. The same means it is a sx350J, or at least it should. To be honest Im being a bit disingenuous here and, like you, suspect it is some kind of reverse engineered clone of the 350J. As you say, there will be something new anyway in due course!!

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Not saying it's a clone, but there's a few things that need to be answered. For this to be legit, it would mean Yihi has abandoned their very strict policy of not selling the SX-350 boards to Chinese companies. They reserved that series for their own SX Mini mods, and for overseas modders large and small. Chinese customers have to settle for the lesser boards, like the 330, 300 or 130 series.

That said, Evolv's strong entrance into the Chinese market may have made them change their policy, as the main reason they did it was to compete against the Evolv-powered market and mind share lead in the 'quality mod' arena that existed in the DNA20/30/40 days. But now that Evolv has pretty much whored themselves out to any Chinese vendor that can stroke a check for a bulk order of DNA boards and QC reputation be damned, Yihi may figure there's no need to keep their high-end export-only strategy in place, especially since they're also losing domestic 330/300/130 sales to Evolv now too (and one of their biggest domestic buyers, Sigelei, has also stopped using Yihi boards).

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
I have one , it's definitely not a real yihi chip , as well as the website they give you to upgrade the chip isn't even in service . It's actually not a bad little mod but the TC is sketchy at best and it won't let you lock in the resistance
mystery solved. can't say the same for the NEW X Files that premiered tonight....awesome show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread