Eliquid tastes bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregkoutsikos

Oct 4, 2017
Hello,i have a problem with the taste of my diy eliquid(60/40 or 50/50 vg/pg ratio with 3 nic)...I was a smoker for about two years,and before three months i started smoking liek 2 cigs a day while also vaping around 4ml's a day..The last two weeks i quit smoking completely,and the next day,my bisquit flavored ejuice that i used to vape(around 200ml's in two months) feels weird,not just muted..I ve read that i should vape something like lemon or menthol,but i tried vaping another juice that i made,that tastes like lemon,menthol and ice ,but that also feels weird too.I am vaping on aspire cleito(0.4 ohms 50 watt)and on sxk hadaly(fused clapton,5 wraps around 0.4Ω at 50 watts) ..Is it normal(i mean thats vaper's tongue,or does it mean that the flavors are just muted?)?What should i do?Thanks in advance

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's certainly possible once quitting smoking completely to have a case of vaper's tongue, or just juices tasting "weird" for a while, your tastebuds are changing as you aren't killing them with smoking. If it's several juices, that makes me suspicious of vaper's tongue, which the good news is, it will pass. Sometimes vaping really strong flavors does help, mint and cinnamon. Also, you can speed the process along by keeping your mouth moist, by drinking a lot, (sometimes people suck on lemon zest, use a tongue scraper, lots of mouthwash, suck on strong tasting things, and good oral hygiene is going to be important. I know there are more remedies, you might want to do a search on the subject, to see what you can come up with.

I experienced it pretty briefly, and it passed. My flavors were pretty muted. Some folks will vape unflavored for a while, as since you aren't having the expectation of experiencing flavor, it can be less frustrating. But, it really should pass.

Once your tastebuds come back you may find your juice tastes weird in the other direction-- I found e-juice way overflavored and harsh, and went the DIY route so I could mix to my palate. Good luck, but if it is vapers tongue it will pass in a little bit, so don't get freaked out, it's fairly normal and it's kind of about the right time for it, given that you stopped dual use.... :)

Anna

• Informative
Reactions: tgs3

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Welcome @gregkoutsikos and congratulations on quitting smoking. From my experience it took about 2 weeks for me to start getting back to normal and my taste buds were revived. It could be vapers tongue or it could be you now taste things you have not tasted in years due to smoking. Fo VT I drink lemon flavored water, eat some Sorbet or eat a good Dill Pickle. Others say smelling coffee grounds and brushing the tongue also work along with vaping unflavored. Good luck and keep up not smoking!

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
The dreaded vapers tongue. I went through that as well. My first juice that i used too. Cuttwood birdbrains. I loved the milky fruity cereal flavor. It was really an all day vape for me. Every day, lol. Then all at once it had no flavor at all. Took a while to get my taste back, but when it did, i found that particular juice did not even taste the same as before. Wont even touch the stuff anymore.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
The dreaded vapers tongue. I went through that as well. My first juice that i used too. Cuttwood birdbrains. I loved the milky fruity cereal flavor. It was really an all day vape for me. Every day, lol. Then all at once it had no flavor at all. Took a while to get my taste back, but when it did, i found that particular juice did not even taste the same as before. Wont even touch the stuff anymore.
Funny how that works, though. Actually, im loving birdbrains again. Go figure.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
It took me a while to get taste back. I equate it to vaping apple pie. At first I tasted the Apple flavor and thought, "maybe another vendor". Two months later I realized that the first one I tried was the most accurate. Then, another two months and I noticed a "doughy" taste buried in there.

And I thought my tastebuds were fine with the first Apple.

Just give it time, keep DIY simple.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thanks,i ll try drinking lemon flavored water..Also,i think there is some difference in my sense of smell when it comes to vape ejuice...Because even if my friends(who never smoked) say that the taste and the smell is the same as before,i can sense them different.
This is perfectly normal. Since smoking dulled your sense of smell and your taste buds, they are beginning to heal themselves. We all have been through this so its nothing to be alarmed about. It sucks to go through it and things may smell and taste funny or weird for a few days but all will return with a renewed vigor and you will realize what you have been missing all the time you smoked cigarettes.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

:)

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread