Lost of Taste..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tera Bailey

Verified Member
May 7, 2015
On Monday will be my 1 month of vaping... Have not touched a sick stick for over 30 days. How does this fit this thread? I will explain a little.

I found out of the things were true about when someone quits heavy smoking. That thing is the fact your taste buds kind of go mute. Still somewhat taste some things but they have to be strong. I am told this lasts about a week or so.

With that said I have a question or two...

Have you experianced this? and if so have you found a nice juice that helped you?

I can use some ideas of what to try because its weird that my favorite juice and other things I taste are a bit off... And I know its not the juice...

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I'm 4 months off the stinkys and my taste buds have continued to change. If I get a juice I don't care for that much I put it away to try a month down the road. So far some of them are really good.

There are a lot of changes in moving from the stinkys. Check these links :
HEALTH QUITTING Health, Safety and Vaping | E-Cigarette Forum

A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette | E-Cigarette Forum

Remember to increase fluids, especially water. Vapors tongue happens to us all. Good luck in your journey.

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
You have vaper's tongue. Happened to me about 1 month in and lasted a solid 2 weeks. I couldn't taste my juice AT ALL and found that I needed to put a lot more sweetener in my coffee. It was extremely frustrating, but I found that vaping menthol got me through because I could still feel the coldness.

Then one day I noticed I could taste a little sweetness in my juice. Then the next day my flavor was back.

Thankfully it hasn't happened again in my 2 years of vaping. Sometimes flavor will taste a little muted now and then, but never lasts for more than a day for me.

People will give you all kinds of wacky "remedies" and I tried them all and nothing helped. Patience. It will come back.

Reactions: Dimplegirl

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
It won't last long. That's the good news. My advice? It's a small price to pay for saving your own life. I know that probably isn't the popular answer you were looking for but it's truth. I don't bs people and it's just a part of making a positive change. I'm proud of every vaper I know and meet. Proud of you and myself and every other ex-smoker here. Hopefully we will all grow old and hold grandbabies and gripe how our parents used up all of our social security money. This is an inexact science and technically we're guinea pigs.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
I am 2 months off cigs and I got I guess vapors tongue a week ago. I really hope it goes away soon because I love the taste of my juice. But right now the taste is so muted :( Someone also said you get used to your juice and you need to switch it up from my normal 2. What's everyone's advice on that?
I make my own all the time so I keep switching it up anyway. I would have to say that it is true but I am not a scientist, or a chemist, or a doctor.... you get the hint ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread