Emergency battery charger as portable charging device for E-cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mELIANTE

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Portugal
Hi! Since I haven't got my E-cig yet I've had a lot of time to read and think about the battery life of the mini ones I'm getting. It became pretty obvious that the two batteries in the starter packs will be short for a whole day and so I've been looking for ways to charge them on the go. I've seen those universal emergency battery chargers with USB out and I think those are pretty good for that objective. I know a PCC would be better, but this way I would have to get a PCC for every E-cig I might own. Already gonna get a M401 and a DSE901, so even if there was PCCs for both it would be double investment, and even more if I ever get differente models.
I've found these two chargers in deal extreme and am very temtped to try this out. What do you guys, who are infinitely more experienced than me, think of this idea? Pretty stupid or doable?
DealExtreme: $10.29 Portable Emergency Charger with 5 USB Cables (for MP4/PSP/PDA/iPod/Cell Phone)
DealExtreme: $13.83 Rechargeable USB Emergency Power Backup Pack 2400mAh

Last edited:

steven.rn

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Ohio
I think so to, but would like some comments on the idea itself, but I suppose people here are more into mods and PCCs:D

I looked it up to see what the max amps for output were- I'd hope 1, 1.5, but don't see that in the spec- careful, because I seem to recall some folks having a problem with some duracell rechargeable USB having the proper voltage to recharge something but not enough output amps to be satisfying for ecig use.

mELIANTE

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Portugal
I looked it up to see what the max amps for output were- I'd hope 1, 1.5, but don't see that in the spec- careful, because I seem to recall some folks having a problem with some duracell rechargeable USB having the proper voltage to recharge something but not enough output amps to be satisfying for ecig use.

Well, it states that it has standard USB DC output, so I suppose it might even be good for a PT.

mELIANTE

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Portugal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread