End cap jewels/ring light. Getting carried away again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Hola, Mistress Nomad! New here, but highly entertained by your decor options. I'm gonna try some myself as soon as my supplies arrive. But I wondered...have you ever tried mod Podge instead of clear nail polish? Reason i ask is its uber cheap at craft stores like Michaels and comes in tons of finishes from sparkle to matte to super shiny. And cheaper than nail polish! rofl Also, there's little pots of clear varnish you can get that resists chipping and so forth if you want a super hard finish. They'd be in the 'decoupage' supplies most likely. Curious to know if you've ever tried any of those options, as I've got lots of those floating around and not a whole lot of clear nailpolish. ;)

msjay

Nov 15, 2010
NJ
Woooo Hooo... My first e-cig mod ever...I followed Mistress Nomad instructions except I used gel glue which will harden up. The first pic shows the ash cap mod, but it looked so boring and plain so I added some rhinestone. I couldn't be more happy. A broke looking e-cig is so ugly. Thanks again.

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

Aryadna

Dec 2, 2010
Marienville, PA
I want to do something like this, but I have no craft stores within 50 miles of me that I know of. *Sigh* I'll check into the Quartz on Ebay. $2 isn't that bad. I have 4 KR808D-1 batteries that need de-uglied. And, of course, if it weren't for MistressNomad's videos in the newbie section, I would have gone with a 510 or an ego. Thanks, MistressNomad! Now, Ebay stalking!

Last edited:

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
I just did this to one of my kr808s and used a natural round cut faceted quartz crystal ...Thanks MistressNomad for the inspiration!

OMG that is gorgeous! I'm into crystals, but didn't even think of using faceted quartz instead of swarovski bling. I so want to try this but I have one major concern with doing this to KR808s. My ash tips have 2 small holes in them where they meet the battery body. If I cover the end with my fingers or a rubber carto cover, the battery does't work at all, so I am thinking these holes are important. If I remove the ash tip and stick a crystal on, I'm worried it won't work anymore.

Clearly this hasn't affected your kr808, how did you get around it, or didn't your ash tip have these holes? What brand is it?

GeekyGirl36

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
USA
OMG that is gorgeous! I'm into crystals, but didn't even think of using faceted quartz instead of swarovski bling. I so want to try this but I have one major concern with doing this to KR808s. My ash tips have 2 small holes in them where they meet the battery body. If I cover the end with my fingers or a rubber carto cover, the battery does't work at all, so I am thinking these holes are important. If I remove the ash tip and stick a crystal on, I'm worried it won't work anymore.

Clearly this hasn't affected your kr808, how did you get around it, or didn't your ash tip have these holes? What brand is it?

I was wondering the same thing, I have KR808's and I know if I cover the holes it stops working. 8-o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread