English toffee tastes like butter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

basementcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
sierra nevada foothills, ca
Ok so I received my very first VB order today. English toffee 80vg20pg and blueberry waffle 100vg. Both 18mg. I love the blueberry waffle. It really is kind of like a willy wonka experience. All the flavors slowly come through one by one. The English toffee though tastes like pure butter. Had my wife try it and didn't say anything and she said the same thing. Does this just need to age? Is this normal? I have tried English toffee from other vendors and loved it so I am surprised that this one isn't so good. Any info is appreciated.

basementcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
I've only tried one English Toffee and it was from Cignot. When you select liquids it will be on the upper right of the double column of menu choices. It tastes just like English Toffee candy. I'd like a little heavier flavoring, but the taste is right on.

Yeah that's the first English toffee I've tried. The taste was great but it's $1 a ml. So I figured I'd really like VBs version but it unfortunately just tastes like kinda browned butter. Thinking it needs time to steep but looking for others who have tried VBs version for info.

basementcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Anyone? I mean it's not so bad that it's unusable but I am wondering if it was mixed bad or this is the norm? I've heard nothing hut good things about this company and am planning to do much more business with them but am questioning the accuracy of their flavors. Again any info or help is appreciated.

hdpjr68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
N.E. Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
Basementcat Got your email. I really don't like filtering issue here in the open but I see I am forced to now. I Have checked the English Toffee here in the Lab, It is fine. We will check with some customers that have ordered recently as it is a big seller. It may need to set a few days. Revisit it after a few days, if your still getting the same thing, Contact me vie email. I got your email on this issue at 3am my time, please allow at least a few hours for me to respond. VB stands behind every bottle of juice that leaves our lab.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I agree that juice needs to mellow and I frequently don't care for a juice when it first arrives, only to try it after 2 - 4 weeks and I end up vaping the whole bottle. That said, there are varying degrees of taste sensitivity in all of us. A juice that is wonderful to one may be terrible to another. I find myself thinking sometimes, "This juice would be great if it had a little more flavor added." To that end, I've started looking for Lorann flavorings around town so that I can add a drop or two of flavor to one that I consider weak.

That's not the supplier's fault, it's just the variance in taste. FreedomSmokeUSA has an Add an Extra Splash of Flavor For Free button on all their juice pages. I think suppliers everywhere should do this. Even if you charge 50 cents a bottle for the service, it would sell.

basementcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Basementcat Got your email. I really don't like filtering issue here in the open but I see I am forced to now. I Have checked the English Toffee here in the Lab, It is fine. We will check with some customers that have ordered recently as it is a big seller. It may need to set a few days. Revisit it after a few days, if your still getting the same thing, Contact me vie email. I got your email on this issue at 3am my time, please allow at least a few hours for me to respond. VB stands behind every bottle of juice that leaves our lab.

Thank you. I really wasn't trying to make it an issue or anything. Was just trying to see if this is a normal occurrence. I'm am not dissatisfied with your product or customer service. I was only seeking others who may have tried this and had some advice. Sorry that it was made into some sort of issue. I never meant for that and truly apologize. Thank you for taking the time to respond. I actually posted this prior to even emailing you cuz it didn't even cross my mind to ask you guys about it until after I already posted this. Sorry again and thank you dearly for taking the time to address this. Will get back to you in a few days and let you know via email if it sorted itself out.

eikon

slave to the comma
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I just wanted to point out that real english toffee IS just sugar and butter (sometimes has nuts and a chocolate topping). never vaped a toffee juice, but i make several pounds every winter. If the juice tastes like slightly sweet browned butter, that would be right...

English Toffee (purist recipe)
1 c. sugar
1 c. butter

Combine in heavy saucepan. Cook to 300 degrees (hard crack stage) stirring constantly to prevent burning.
Pour into a buttered 9 x 9 inch pan.
Cool thoroughly and break into pieces.

basementcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Just want to post here and state that this issue has een taken care of. This company has utterly amazing customer service. Like none I've ever seen before. I will say now that any juice that I don't mix myself will be comming directly from VB. I can't profess how thankful and happy this company has made me. An utter pleasure to do business with. A+++.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread