• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Epiphany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Ok, just had to share this.

I bought a RSST a while ago after reading about how super amazing RBAs are. Well, I tried and tried and tried and all I got was burnt gross juice, hell, it was even making the juice in the tank dark. I watched 18 hours of youtube videos on how to rebuild. I all but gave up.

Last night I rolled a straw wick with 400 stainless threaded in 1.5mm kanthal, did a 3/2 wrap of 30ga kanthal and popped it all in my RSST. It took about a minute to pulse the hotspots out, filled with juice and....
the-very-best-of-the-success-kid-meme.jpg

After a gazillion coils and wicks, I FINALLY understand what everyone was raving about. Now I just wish I didn't fill the tank with this crappy fakeberry dekang junk I had laying around, because I'm deathly afraid of taking it all apart to clean.:)

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
It takes a wee bit of work to do this, but it is possible to get the nasty juice out without dismantling the entire atty.

I'll use my syringe to get the old juice out until I can't get any more out with it. Then I shake the atty in the sink until the last few drops are gone. Then dry burn the coil until it no longer wicks and I get a pretty glowing coil with no vapor.

Fill with new juice and enjoy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread