The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

eRol... My two cents

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by Urban Nightmare, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Urban Nightmare

Urban Nightmare Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2010
    Wainwright, AB, Canada
    I just picked up an eRoll from canvape.com. Here's my quick review since I've only had it for the past weekend.

This is a nice little ecig. Yes with a 90 mha battery your not going to vape all day. Heck you probably will only get 20 to 30 minutes before having to recharge. The tanks are small and only hold .5ml or so. I've found that you should only fill them about 90% so they wick properly. Also when it gets down to 10% it may actually "leak" a bit. The leaking issue isn't that bad and from what I've noticed only floods the atty a bit and so far I haven't sucked up a mouth full of juice. The only other problem I have is because the tank doesn't hold very much you need to carry a few extra tanks with you. This to me is the biggest problem. Where do you carry these extra tanks? The case only has space for one full sized eroll and it won't charge unless you have the ecig all put together as it needs to wedge in there to make contact with the charging pins.

With all of these negatives what are the positives? Well I really like my eGo-C (650 twist) and overall I really like the eGo-C atomizers. Except for the odd wicking issues they preform great and the eRoll is no exception. With a full charge the atomizer works like a champ and is much better then when I first started with the 510 a couple of years ago. I really like the compact size and weight. It really does do a good job of simulating a real cig.

I know most of you have never heard of me before and I'm not a professional reviewer but I just thought I would weigh in with my thoughts. I give this one a 6 out of 10. Ones like the 510 get a 5 out of 10 in my books just because of the filler and such. The 510 manual batt with Kanger bottom coil carts get a 6 out of 10 also. The eGo-C (original 650 no twist) gets a 7 out of 10 and the eGo-C (650 with twist) gets a 8 out of 10. So you can see a bit of what I'm thinking here.

If they redesign the case and make it a bit bigger so you can store say a couple of extra tanks, an extra battery (they are small) and an extra cone with atty in it I think this thing would get a 7 out of 10.

You may have also noticed I didn't comment on flavour. Well I only use Dynominty from Jugheads and because of this I really don't taste it any more. I usually can't stand any other flavours so don't even have them around any more. As for vapor production. The eRoll is right there with the eGo-C standard resistance. But like I say it just doesn't last as long because of battery size.

Just my two cents

2. Nubbie

Nubbie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2012
    Alberta Canada
    nice review. I was looking at these for the wife, as she wants to start vaping but didn't like the size of the ego's. I ended up going with a Redd's starter kit as the ability to hold extra battery and carts was the the deal breaker on the eroll. Not really sure why they wouldn't add in something like that when you know the initial setup only holds an hour or so worth of juice.

Thanks for the review, looks like I might have grabbed the right starter kit.

Cheers

3. Urban Nightmare

Jan 17, 2010
    Wainwright, AB, Canada
    I hate to say your right because I really love the atty in the eRoll. The case would only need to be half again as wide and this would be the perfect starter or out on the town ecig. I really wonder if it was a money thing. That adding the extra size would have made it just that much more expensive.

4. Nubbie

Oct 25, 2012
    Alberta Canada
    Don't get me wrong, I think the eroll is a better product with the drop and charge, just missed the mark on the style over function.

5. EgoTwist:)

EgoTwist:) Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2012
    T.Dot
  6. Projectguy

Projectguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Oakville, ON
    Urban whats the cost of this "device" versus and 650 mah eGo twist?

7. Urban Nightmare

Jan 17, 2010
    Wainwright, AB, Canada
    I paid $60.00 for the eRoll and my original eGo-C was $70.00 but that was only with regular 650 mha batteries. The twists didn't come out for a few months after. The ego-c also didn't come with a case so I had to spend a bit more for that. Then I had to get the LR atties. Any way it's basically 60 vs 70 for the plain jane versions. I still think the eroll would be a good start for a beginner.

8. Vapor Barclay
    This message by Vapor Barclay has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Nov 28, 2012, Reason: supplier.
    Nov 27, 2012
  9. Urban Nightmare

Jan 17, 2010
    Wainwright, AB, Canada
    I've never tried the Innokin (or any of their products). They do look nice but I would prefer ones that don't look like a cig. I'm giving the eRoll to my Mom but just had to give it a go first to make sure it was half decent. After that I just thought I would post a quick review.

10. chagrin

chagrin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Nice review. I've watched a ton of reviews on youtube already and keep debating the e-roll vs. the Redds kit to replace my 510 stuff, for occasional use. Aside from what the OP mentioned, I've heard the air hole is a not-so-great spot and the build quality seems a bit low on the e-cigarette.

I like the idea that they specifically went with a smaller 90 mah battery, instead of 150-220 mah with cigarette sized batteries, to cut down on the size and weight and a fully assembled e-cigarette fits and charges in the pcc ! I never understood why putting an assembled e-cigarette into a PCC was such a foreign concept, who wants to assemble it every time you take it out. :facepalm: Keep in mind the PCC is a 1090 mah battery, I doubt this would quite last me all day or any moderate to heavy vaper, but it would be great for a casual to moderate vaper.

I think Nubbie's style over function comment was spot on, there's no way you can use 1090 mah with only 0.5 ml of juice, so matter what you'll be carrying extra tanks or a bottle to fill the one tank that does fit in the case. Seems silly to me to save a few mm in case size, but cut out the ability to carry more than 0.5 ml of juice. If this catches on, I'll bet there'll be a bigger V2 of the case. :p It'd be nice to be able to carry 4-6 tanks in the case.

In comparison the Redds batteries are 150 mah. I couldn't get the mah information on the PCC, even after talking to happyvaper, but it apparently charges 5 batteries, so I'm guessing it's around 800 mah. Of course the Redds carries a charging battery, assembled e-cigarette and 3 extra cartomizers.

I'm really curious about someone directly comparing the throathit/vapour production of the two.

Does anyone know if the atomizer is LR or SR ?

Nubbie - Did you get the Redds off the classifieds ? That was a great deal and I was tempted to grab it, but got to the post too late. :)

11. Nubbie

Oct 25, 2012
    Alberta Canada
    Yea, it worked out (being in Ottawa on business) and got me off the fence with the eRoll and Redds debate going on in my head.

12. Vapor Barclay
    This message by Vapor Barclay has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Nov 28, 2012, Reason: supplier.
    Nov 27, 2012
  13. Jables

Jables Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    WHY ARE WE YELLiNG?!?!?

14. Vapor Barclay
    Nov 27, 2012
  15. Jables

Jables Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    :p I figured, I just felt like joining in.

16. Vapor Barclay
    Nov 27, 2012
  17. Urban Nightmare

Jan 17, 2010
    Wainwright, AB, Canada
    Hello Chargrin. The atomizer is SR and only SR's should be used with the eRoll. With only a 90 mah battery an LR atty would only last a few minutes (like 10 to 15 mins of heavy vaping). You also need to be careful about how fast you draw these batteries down. Pull to many amps out of them to fast and they can go in to failure. I've only read this and have never experienced it so doing take my word for it. Do your own research.

Like I say I really like my new eRoll. They just need a bit bigger case. Heck the one supplied isn't even as big as a flip top 20 pack of analogs.

18. Vapor Barclay
    Nov 28, 2012
  19. LesVegas

LesVegas Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2012
    BC, Canada
    I bought the eroll for occasional use, but find myself still looking for something else. The lack of storage in the case is an issue for sure, but the biggest one is the way I have to hold the thing to avoid the air hole and atomizer ruins the whole point of a cig-alike. I also don't care for the whole tank thing. Love the size and weight though, and dropping the assembled unit into the pcc. I also find the pcc a little awkward to open and to get the device out, even with the little button. Doesn't agree with my thick fingers. I would like to find a little 90mah carto kit with flip top pcc that hits like this eroll. The Redds is a screw in charger which seems so antiquated, and very expensive for what it is.

20. Projectguy

Projectguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Oakville, ON
    It happens to all of us who type looking at the keyboard LOL

21. jjcordone

jjcordone Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 29, 2011
    Rhode Island
    I've seen othere folks posting that they are using LR attys with no issues. It seems like it would be a better match for a 3.7v battery.
    I have an eRoll coming to me as a Christmas gift and I'll give it shot with the LR attys and post the results.......

22. BuzzKilla

BuzzKilla Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    Etobicoke, Ontario
    i thought the eRoll was a good concept, but the .5ml thing, is just a big no no for me.

even just adding a slot for a 3ml bottle could have been enough.
    this oversight in design is just sloppy.

a CARY CASE for your e-cig with enough power to last all day, but no juice storage :facepalm:
    I think they were more worried about it looking like an iPhony, rather than making it functional.
    Even my old 510 PCC's had room for 3 cartos.

As mentioned before, the REDDS are a better alternative as an all-in-one package.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.