eRoll Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolcreep

Feb 25, 2014
Madison, AL, USA
Hi folks! I'm not new to vaping, but I'm new to cigalikes (i started out with ego types, then quickly moved to rebuildables and mods). I recently decided i wanted something tiny and inconspicuous to carry around during the workday, etc. After a few days of researching, I chose the eRoll over the G6. I really like using it, but unfortunately, I think I may have ended up with one that's not authentic (there is no scratch-off warranty card included). My main complaint is that the flavor is....well, non-existent. One of the main reasons I chose the eRoll over the G6 is because all the reviewers said the flavor was better. I'm hoping that if I order some new atomizer heads straight from joyetech, I might have better luck. I don't expect it to taste like my Aqua or my Stillare, of course, but this almost tastes like I'm vaping non-flavored liquid! Any thoughts??

Thanks!!!

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @toolcreep. Glad to have you here!:)

Try looking around this sub-forum: Joyetech eRoll *Mini*.

And you could click on "Report" (bottom left hand side of your post) and request a moderator move this thread there. It may take a little while for the thread to be moved if there are not any moderators currently logged in.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Your expectations sound very reasonable, and you obviously know you are dealing with a cig-a-like.

Having erolls myself, I can tell you that they "like" some PG, it wicks better, so don't be using high VG eliquid.
Also, I used flavor bumped eliquids in it, and also bump up the nicotine a tad

The genuine joytech atties are much bettter, in the event you got a knock off? Where did you get it?

Also, there are a lot of good youtube videos on rebuilding those atties....but you have to be careful not to bend stuff. So, I just toss mine in some boiling water, let them dry on window sill for a day and they vape good as new. I have some that have been going for 4 months. :)

toolcreep

Feb 25, 2014
Madison, AL, USA
Your expectations sound very reasonable, and you obviously know you are dealing with a cig-a-like.

Having erolls myself, I can tell you that they "like" some PG, it wicks better, so don't be using high VG eliquid.

The genuine joytech atties are much bettter, in the event you got a knock off? Where did you get it?

Also, there are a lot of good youtube videos on rebuilding those atties....but you have to be careful not to bend stuff. So, I just toss mine in some boiling water, let them dry on window sill for a day and they vape good as new. I have some that have been going for 4 months. :)

Wow 4 months!! Thank you for the info!! I bought my eRoll at a local B&M. I am suspicious that it doesn't have that card, but I did buy the display because it was the only one they had. Everything was in the box that should have been except that card. I usually use 3 or 6 mg nic with my drippers, so I bought some 12 and then some 18 even for this little guy. The first liquid I bought was 50/50, but second bottle was 70/30 that I snagged on clearance from a different B&M. So...ok, I'll order some genuine Type A's from Joyetech and get some thinner liquid. I've read about folks rebuilding these with rolled SS wicking...is that what you've seen as well? Also, the attys that you have cleaned and made last so long, are they stock Joyetechs or rebuilt?

Thanks so much for your help!! Hard to find anyone that actually uses these little things!!

FishingBuffalo

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Collinsville,TX
I have 2 eRoll set ups. I also mainly use a Kayfun V4 and dabble into subohming as well. I got the eRolls for the same reason you did, small and stealthy. I drip/subohm 3/6 mg. Kayfun I use 11/12 mg. The eRoll will like a 50/50 or PG heavy juice, but should have great flavor. I use 11/12 mg in my eRoll. Get some authentic heads and give us an update please.

toolcreep

Feb 25, 2014
Madison, AL, USA
I have 2 eRoll set ups. I also mainly use a Kayfun V4 and dabble into subohming as well. I got the eRolls for the same reason you did, small and stealthy. I drip/subohm 3/6 mg. Kayfun I use 11/12 mg. The eRoll will like a 50/50 or PG heavy juice, but should have great flavor. I use 11/12 mg in my eRoll. Get some authentic heads and give us an update please.
Thanks Fish...I definitely will!! Sounds like we have the same setup for nic levels. I am about to post an update about my eRoll experience right now, actually :)

Update....

Last night I pulled apart one of my atomizers and rewicked it with cotton. Was super easy and quick and now this little guy hits like a dream. The flavor is much better, the toke time is 2-3 seconds shorter to get a good hit, the vapor density and volume is more pronounced.....and for the benefit I didn't see coming.... it doesn't get too hot to hold on the atty cone now. I'll let you guys know how long the cotton wick lasts before I have to replace it. I'm still going to order more heads from Joyetech and try those out, but I'm very satisfied with my rewick for now :)

Reactions: VikingQueen

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Try re-wicking the Type A attys with oxidized stainless steel mesh, it can perform well for weeks, and when it eventually does clog up, soaking the spike and wick in alcohol and dry burning the coil will usually bring it back to life ...

There are several good threads in this sub-forum about re-wicking the Type A ...

I use the same attys in the E-Roll and the Elips-C ...

The Elips delivers better flavor with "normal" juices, but I settled on using Arctic Wolf from VaporGod in the E-Roll, its a really strong menthol ...

Nothing can beat the E-Roll for total stealth, but the Elips is a close second, it can be completely concealed in the average hand, and a PCC is available ... :D

Last year, after purchasing some poor quality clone Type A attys, I finally gave up on them. The bottom contacts were corroded, and the coils were loose ... :(

Haha right?? So far, I've been very careful to keep my cartridge from going dry, so no worries. I did find that i wanted to change the cotton after about a day and a half, but i could've gone a bit longer, i think. Today, i rewicked one by unrolling the mesh that was already there, wiping it clean, and rolling it tightly around a silica wick (that came with one of my rta's back whenever). It is working pretty well, too, but doesn't taste quite as good as straight cotton. My favorite liquid is pretty clear and thin, actually, but I'm out right now. Hopefully, the eRoll will like it...if not, I'll keep experimenting until I force it to lol

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I use the stock wicks but usually have to wiggle a needle through the new ones to loosen them up for better feed. It works, and they last months. The joys of having an preference for unflavored & PG!

I do this with the stainless steel mesh wicks as well. A needle like the ones that come with a new dress shirt. Stick the needle gently through the center of the rolled mesh and wiggle it until a small channel is opened, it makes a world of difference, a huge improvement ... :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread