ESP 30 watt troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't have that setup. If the button is removable (again I have no clue) maybe you could uh, see if there's any eliquid that got in there clogging it up, possibly, if it seems removable. It's possible the knob just got stripped and so it's not changing the wattage? Maybe?

If you are at all electronically minded, I guess it could be replaced. IDK how you'd go about it I am NOT electronically minded, sorry.

Anna

badwaterbill

Jun 1, 2016
I don't have that setup. If the button is removable (again I have no clue) maybe you could uh, see if there's any eliquid that got in there clogging it up, possibly, if it seems removable. It's possible the knob just got stripped and so it's not changing the wattage? Maybe?

If you are at all electronically minded, I guess it could be replaced. IDK how you'd go about it I am NOT electronically minded, sorry.

Anna
Probably would be best if I just continue to use it at 8 watt's, keep the temperature low, and use less e-liquid, by the way, I can best be classified as simple minded! Thank's

Reactions: stols001

badwaterbill

Jun 1, 2016
It will not move up or down? This seems to be a pretty common occurrence with this mod judging from all the threads I see on it. The only solution is to return it if possible. What resistance coil are you using?
So Vinny, I use 1.8 to 2.1 ohm coils, yes this mod quit having the ability to adjust the wattage after 2 or 3 adjustments, just has a defect in the construction of the wattage adjustment, however I vape at less than 12 watt's, so I know that I have to use this Aspire product at the wattage it is able to produce, hope no one else wastes their hard earned money on this, or any other defective product! Have had a problem with the Sigelei 50w box mod, with the ohm's jumping, burning coils due to the fact that it gives the 2.1 ohm coils too much power, another likely defective product, this journey is filled with learning, not like when I just lit one up, worth the issues I hope, thank you Vinny. Just hope to help other's from wasting their money on defective product's.

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Sorry about your bad luck . I was lucky enough to join this forum at the very beginning of my vape journey. I stay away from Sigelei products. I have had a lot of luck with Smoant, Joyetech, Eleaf, and Innokin. While any electronic device has the potential to fail I have been very happy with my choices. The people here are an invaluable resource for good advice.:)

• Useful

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Bill, ohms being off is a pretty common occurrence with most of the factory coils, the one's I've used anyways. Having a watts mode makes that a bit of a non issue. And if that is working correctly, that's not why your coils are burning.
    Thanks for the heads up on this mod and it's problems. I have the Zelos, that works pretty well.

badwaterbill

Jun 1, 2016
    Bill, ohms being off is a pretty common occurrence with most of the factory coils, the one's I've used anyways. Having a watts mode makes that a bit of a non issue. And if that is working correctly, that's not why your coils are burning.
    Thanks for the heads up on this mod and it's problems. I have the Zelos, that works pretty well.
    So what I have decided, is that I will use variable voltage mods, that way I am able to determine the correct amount of power to apply, for 1.8 to 2.1 ohm coils I use 4 volts, thanks.

badwaterbill

Jun 1, 2016
    Sorry about your bad luck . I was lucky enough to join this forum at the very beginning of my vape journey. I stay away from Sigelei products. I have had a lot of luck with Smoant, Joyetech, Eleaf, and Innokin. While any electronic device has the potential to fail I have been very happy with my choices. The people here are an invaluable resource for good advice.:)
    Thank you for your list of winner's, I will refer to it when I consider another purchase.

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 19, 2015
    The way most people here determine the wattage that suits their vaping style is to start at a low wattage and slowly raise it till you get the desired vape quality.Most regulated mods will display watts and voltage applied.Limiting yourself to a variable voltage device is unnecessary.You can also use an online calculator to determine wattage.
    Ohm's law | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

• Useful

badwaterbill

Jun 1, 2016
    Thank you Vinny, Steam Engine is invaluable to vaper's, my Segelei set at 10W would read, what was actually a 2 ohm coil, as a 4 ohm coil and hit that coil with over 6 volts, burning the coil instantly, I have heard that it may be a loose negative wire to the 510, that will cause the mod to misread the resistance, anyone else have knowledge of this? I used this mod for good, and missed the warranted time period, even though it was less than 30 days use, maybe I just need more good outings!

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Um, I guess it's possible that could be the case, it could also be the build itself, I would try the topper on another mod if you can, it may be the best way to figure out if it's the mod or the tank. It could be either although what you are describing does sound like a possible electrical fault. I hope you are able to get it figured out. It might be worth a trip to a good brick and mortar if you have one near you... If the mod is under warranty I might look into that, if you are electrically minded you could certainly look yourself.

Best of luck,

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread