ethyl moltal

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
The suspension creates faster if you use some heat. I renovated a part of my kitchen to make a juice mixing area (still under work) and included this Japanese ceramic stove thing. You can set the temperature, point the laser at the contents and it will keep the contents at that temperature. I set it up for fast mixing new juices but it works great to create suspensions.

I set it for around 90-95C, put hot water in. Then I put a bottle half to 3/4 filled with PG in the water and let it go. When it reaches the temperature, I just start putting crystals in the bottle. I dump some in and wait a few minutes and put some more. When the crystals start to build up on the bottom of the bottle, I add more PG and let the whole thing sit for 15 minutes or so. If there are no crystals on the bottom when I come back, I add a bit more and let it sit. I repeat till there are only a few crystals on the bottom (usually once or twice more). The result is a completely saturated suspension of whatever the crystals were. Have used it with EM, vanilin, suralose, stevia and methol. Seems to work really well and can be used immediately.

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
So does this mean that you use more than 1/4tsp of em in 10ml of PG? Are you still able to mix small batches with your stronger em? About how much em do you end up adding to 10 ml of PG?

Honestly I have no idea how much EM I put in the PG. :) This method doesn't require measuring, so have not done so. One of these days I should measure it.

Very good question on the small batches and the answer is yes, but qualify that with a 'for me'. I like my juices sweet. However, my friend (who I turned on to vaping recently) seems to think some of my juices are too sweet. However personally, I have switched off of EM to sucralose for my sweetener. I like the taste better (probably pretty obvious since I like sweet taste) and can get high purity imported from Singapore to me for cheap.

When I was using EM, in production mixes, I did 2-2.5%. I use Juice me up so don't keep track of per quantity measurements, just percentages. The difference was between fruit juices where I would use in the lower range and desserts, candy and drinks where I would use in the higher range (I don't really vape tobacco flavors and I don't like coffee, for reference).

Just as an aside, with my sucralose suspensions, I don't go over 1.5% really. 2% is too sweet even for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread