EU EU Petition againt Tobacco Directive - SIGN AND SHARE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
This is great, but I think we need to be contacting the politicians directly as well now. Contacting your Member(s) of European Parliament (MEP) is probably the best starting point. Unfortunately, the EU can ignore online petitions (they have before - I believe a petition in favour of e-cigs with over 10,000 signatures has already been sent to them some time ago).

However, your MEP's job is essentially to represent you at the European Parliament. If you contact your MEP and persuade them that what the EU is planning is detrimental to you, and ask them to make representations to the EU on your behalf, they cannot ignore that.

You can find out who your MEPs are here - Search

Schlurchi

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Bielefeld, Germany
@Rcun: As far as I know the ECITA petition was used for the ECITA visit in Bruxelles in summer 2012. So the petition might be a little bit out of date. But of course it might be a good idea to sign both petitions.

The actual IG-ED petition is aimed against the planned tobacco Products Directive.
We try to get all EU vapers and friends together, by now the petition text is translated in 10 languages.
Petition: http://www.change.org/de/Petitionen/e-zigarette-in-gefahr
Translations: Petition - Interessengemeinschaft E-Dampfen

At the moment there are 13.990 supporters.
So please not only sign the petition yourself but SHARE the info with others in all EU countries.

Kind regards
Schlurchi

Frody

Mar 21, 2009
Germany
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread