Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamekeeper

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 14, 2012
United Kingdom
www.ecigzoo.com
Rolygate
I mentioned this on your blog, but just again, I would be grateful if you would come up with a template letter that can be sent to MEP's and MP's to lobby them. It is just I can think of nobody more informed to do it. My attempt would not be great. I hope 1 million other ecig users will vote UKIP. The other political parties should be worried. Vote UKIP!!!!!!!!!!!

pr1uk

Jan 29, 2013
Kent
Vote UKIP
But sadly i can never see the government letting us come out of europe lets look at the facts -
71 euro MPs plus the staff the eu is a huge bureaucracy for MPs and a bloody good job for the boys and this government wants more say i.e even bigger staff. If europe want's to ban this then they will and the UK will make sure it is banned just like always
It is so so sad unless you can get a MP job then it's like winning the lottery

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
As in any legislation that is difficult to fathom, follow the money. Pharma and Big tobacco are obviously into the pockets of government. Our own American FDA is likely to follow suit in favor of preserving the present settlement of $206B over twenty five years and ensuring sales that will lead to a renewal of the settlement.

Health benefits will be our only salvation. If our government is really intent upon making us healthier they would be banning the paper and tobacco product. Oops, there's no money in doing that.

freakindahouse

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Gloucester
Hi, all,

Once again, sorry for spamming this, but despite the fact that I've put it just about everywhere, very few seem to have seen it. :(

We met with the legal team on Thursday to discuss our options in the face of the EU proposal, and the imminent MHRA position statement. (We anticipate that the MHRA will announce on the 13th March, rather than waiting until May, because they like to roll the drum on No Smoking Day.)

We discussed all the issues for both UK and EU level. The legal experts reckon we have a strong case, particularly with regard to proportionality, and we shall be getting an official Opinion from a QC in the next couple of weeks. They described the proposed Directive as possibly being 'legally flawed' in several respects, which means we have a good chance of mounting a successful legal challenge.

We shall continue to fire on all cylinders, and will be asking for your help in getting the right messages to the right people in each of your constituencies in the coming weeks. I hope we can count on your support as we all join together for this crucial fight.

This is not an industry fighting for its survival in isolation; this is a fight for every single one of us who has discovered vaping - and it is a fight for our lives. We hope you will join us as we take the fight to them, rather than waiting for them to attack us even further.

Sincere thanks to Elites, not only for providing outstanding Chairmanship of ECITA since its inception in the form of Mike Ryan, but also for providing access to a top notch legal team, with the expertise and skills to bring us ALL safely home - as an industry and as a community of vapers.

We shall keep you informed as things progress, and would be grateful if a moderator could sticky this thread.

...and then...

OK, as promised the handout is up and ready for download. I know it's a bit cheeky, but if everyone here printed it out and hand delivered it to each of their MPs and MEPs, maybe, just maybe we can make a difference? Obviously, if you don't agree with anything it says, then don't, but if you DO agree, and want to protect YOUR right to vape, then please get this out there! http://ecita.org.uk/a4 2 sided han...202013.pdf

Also, if you supply into local shops in your area, or know the people in there, maybe you could encourage those outlets to display the information with the products? Anything we can do to get the message out there can only help.

Thank you all for your support!

Happy and very long-lived vaping, one and all!

Cheers,

Katherine

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
Hi, all,

OK, as promised the handout is up and ready for download. I know it's a bit cheeky, but if everyone here printed it out and hand delivered it to each of their MPs and MEPs, maybe, just maybe we can make a difference? Obviously, if you don't agree with anything it says, then don't, but if you DO agree, and want to protect YOUR right to vape, then please get this out there! http://ecita.org.uk/a4 2 sided han...202013.pdf

Katherine

Quoth the Raven, 404!

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Katherine,

Maybe you could change the filename to this, please? :-

a4-2sided-handout-feb2013.pdf

(There are 4 rules for naming webdocs, as follows)

1. Don't use upper case letters
2. Don't leave any spaces
3. Fill any unavoidable spaces with a dash/hyphen
4. Never use an underscore (like_this)

If you follow these rules, you'll get the best results. If you don't, there are always going to be issues, often some you won't know about.

Beryl - this is the link (!):
http://ecita.org.uk/a4 2 sided handout feb 2013.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread