RDA Even ejuice distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaw101

Mar 28, 2010
FL
ecighome.com
I have been adding 10drops of ejuice to my rda at a time just through the dripper tip thinking my dual coil set up was getting even distribution of ejuice to both coils. Makes sense. The drips are hitting the center screw and soaking each wick evenly. Not so true I found.

I started wondering why one wick would burn out before the other. I started taking the top cap off to observe the wicks every once in a while and discovered one wick to be whiter than the other. What was happening was I wasn't necessarily holding the mod perfectly vertical when adding ejuice and one wick was getting more saturated than the other.

So, now I take the extra step of taking the rda top cap off and adding 5 drips directly to each coil. Really seems to help. I'm using a TOBH atty.

Thanks for being here ecf. I've learned so much from you guys. Hope this helps someone.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Good move. Even if you were to hold the mod perfectly straight, chances are the juice wouldn't distribute evenly. You would also have to hold your bottle perfectly straight, then you would have to make sure you don't move at all as the drop is falling. I think you know where I'm going with this.

BeerGolfClouds

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
Orange County, CA, USA
You could try wicking like this, works well for me...
Screenshot_2015-07-12-18-45-43_zpsgbiklogh.png

Screenshot_2015-07-12-18-45-43_zpsgbiklogh.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread