The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

EverClear (PGA) takes the bite out!

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by breaktru, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. breaktru

breaktru Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I was dripping a tobacco ejuice that I wasn't enjoying [​IMG]. It had an unpleasant bite to it. Sitting on my desk was this 10ml bottle that I filled with EverClear 190% which I was using to wipe my battery to atty connection. So I decided to drip 1 drop of Everclear to 3 drops of the tobacco juice. I was pleasantly surprised that the EverClear neutralized the bite [​IMG]. Was this something I accidentally discovered or are other vapers aware of this? I tried the PGA on other not so pleasant tobacco flavors and it also neutralized the bite. I wonder if it will work on nasty flavors that are not tobacco flavored? If you have one, let us know.

2. mauzey

mauzey Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 19, 2010
    Washington State
    Nice breaktru! , I've tried it with 100 proof vodka and it does take the bite out my TW Kamel blend, but it's only 150 proof, if nothing else you could make a boss flame thrower with PGA.

3. Throat hit

Throat hit Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2011
    south warwickshire UK
    I hope it gave more throat hit as many say it does. I tried it and it did not add one for me. What about the throat hit?

4. mauzey

Supporting member
    Oct 19, 2010
    Washington State
    The only sure fire cure for no throat I have found is Higher PG and more nicotine.

5. Throat hit

Throat hit Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2011
    south warwickshire UK
    Yea I'm with you on the higher nic I can't say I found pg helps on It's own and I have tried it just pg and flavour. Do you think for example a 18 mg pg mix has more TH than an 18 mg VG mix.

6. breaktru

The Everclear actually diminished the throat hit and not increase it as I have read.

7. SuZamme

SuZamme Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 24, 2009
    Nashville, Indiana USA
    Thanks for the tip on cleaning with PGA. I use it for dissolving menthol crystals.

Lessened the throat hit? I've seen others recommend it for increasing the TH and now reading your post I'm just going to have to try it myself instead of sitting in the wonder.

8. breaktru

I've read that it increased TH also but trying it myself on several harsh tobacco flavors seem to lessen the TH. Perhaps it will work on other flavors with little or no throat hit. Just drip 1 drop in an atty with a low TH flavor as a test.

9. mauzey

Supporting member
    Oct 19, 2010
    Washington State
    Probably not, I usually mix to 30mg/ml for decent throat hit, I personally mix at 30/70 for dripping and 70/30 for ego-T and other cartos that need a little more viscosity, but can't really tell one from the other at 30 to 36 MG strength regardless of the PG/VG mix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.