Evic Bricked

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelg04

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
Chicago
i went to update to 1.4 today, i got some error with a number which i don't remember. now it won't turn on, and all i get is "Equipment coding mode connection fail!"

i tried the Ovale fix from their faq, and the joyetech reset to factory from their site, both fail, nothing work. i can get it to be recognized in USB but thats about it. please help

danlnyc

Aug 19, 2013
Buena Park, CA, USA
i went to update to 1.4 today, i got some error with a number which i don't remember. now it won't turn on, and all i get is "Equipment coding mode connection fail!"

i tried the Ovale fix from their faq, and the joyetech reset to factory from their site, both fail, nothing work. i can get it to be recognized in USB but thats about it. please help

Send an email to joyetech and describe your problem. They might be able to help you out.

Have you purchased the unit within the past 3 months? You are eligible for warranty.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Holy smokes!!!

I didn't realize we had a "smart" type personal vaper (now that iVape picture I saw before makes sense! hah)...I was gonna try and be funny and tell you "try flashing the eprom" only to find out from the Joytech support site there IS a EPROM!!!!

ok....fine....dude why you running Windoze...you should upgrade to Linux :D

Joyetech Support - FAQ

Have you tried http://www.joyetech.com/support/down_nr.php?id=20&k=2
http://www.joyetech.com/images/download/Factory_default_guide_for_eVic.pdf <-factory default guide for eVic

http://www.joyetech.com/support/down_ma.php?bid=manual&BNo=19&k=4

Yo dawg, update your BIOS, defrag the harddrive, run some malware cleaner, and update the OS...oh wait...it's your personal vaper...I thought you were talking about your android phone :D

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
nope, didn't help, think i'm just going to have to order a new control head, stinks though that their firmware update killed it

Their firmware did not kill it. A glitch in your USB did the deed.
Firmware update deaths have been around forever and unless the firmware is screwed for ALL users of that device, it is always the Hardware that causes the Bricking.
Any lost code during update streaming and the result is catastrophic.

michaelg04

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
Chicago
Their firmware did not kill it. A glitch in your USB did the deed.
Firmware update deaths have been around forever and unless the firmware is screwed for ALL users of that device, it is always the Hardware that causes the Bricking.
Any lost code during update streaming and the result is catastrophic.

yea great thanks for the useless help

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
and i can't contact joyetech because i don't know what this security code is they are asking for?

edit, i guess i need my serial number, but i can't get it without it working, now i can't even contact support, thats not really fair

The security code is on your BOX under the silver scratch off
The Serial number is also on your Box

And you are quite welcome.
Maybe I let you know you may need to check out your PC once you finish fussing with the evic.

evic-box2-640x640.jpg

ETA - have you tried reloading on a DIFFERENT USB port? a Failure normally blocks a device from further use on the port.

Last edited:

1. Remove your eVic Head from the battery
2. Press and hold the button for 15 to 30 seconds to totally kill all the session
3. Replace back the eVic Head to the battery
4. Press and hold the button while plugging in the USB(this will put your eVic into download mode)
5. When the MVR recognises your eVic, Reflash the firmware.

Hope these few step help's......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread