Evic supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

tank49

Verified Member
May 23, 2013
North Cali
Edit: Never mind, problem solved, it just resolved itself & started working right after 24 hours of vaping it. Thanks anyway.

Anybody here ever seen or heard of a new Evic Supreme having a problem w/the battery percentage showing always as 100% ??

I know my battery is not truly at 100% after many hundreds of puffs, i have a Sony vtc5 2600mah battery & i did set my evic to that setting. Have even put an old worn 18650 in it, and it STILL reads even that at 100%. Everything else seems to work just fine. I haven't done anything to it w/my computer yet, & not sure i want to. I did connect the usb cable to try & see if it would charge but it charged for like 2 seconds & then said "battery charged" so it must be going off it's own incorrect 100% reading.

Read a lot of this thread in past couple months, don't recall anything like this.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:

rallykid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
Michigan
This may or may not be the thread to ask. I have read through quite a bit of it but not all. My question is on the quality of the vape compared to (surprise) the Provari 2.5.

I am no fan boy but have used a 2.5 and it is good. However the features of the Supreme appeal to me but don't have one locally to try out. If anyone has used both, how do they compare strictly on vape quality with the same tank? Big difference? Minimal? Same? I usually vape between 10 and 12 watts on my Sigelei zmax v5.

Thanks in advance for helping out the relative newbie.

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    There shouldn't be any vape difference at all. Watts is watts. The only difference might be slight difference in precision when measuring ohm and delivering watts but you could simply adjust.

One thing that could easily annoy you though is that it has a 0.5 second delay on firing the coil.

I would advice against the evic supreme by now mostly because more option have become available. My main gripe by now is with the ring to change watts, it's fiddly to use even with acceleration. Also the non adjustable 510.

rallykid

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 13, 2014
    Michigan
    Thanks. I know the vape should be the same as far as quantity but it was quality i was referring to. The Provari had a really smooth consistent vape over and over which is great but i am looking for that style of smooth vape in something with more features. That is what i meant by vape quality. I should have specified a little better.

tchavei

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2014
    Portugal
    My evic supreme tasted better than my sigelei zMax mini and I couldn't figure out why until I measured the output on both. The evic s Is much more consistent and nearly close to the selected watts than my sigelei was (in single mode). Maybe that's why people comment that one mod feels better than another. However, the evic s Is really high in the game so I don't think you will notice a difference. Yes it has a slight delay firing the coil but you can select rvw mode and set it to something higher than you need and then take it down like 16w,15w,12w,10w and keep the 10w till timeout. That will heat up the coil faster (hot start) and eliminate the delay effect. Much like the thing provari launched with the v3.

About some advice not getting this device... There isn't anything like the evic s out there right now. Sure it doesn't support 50w,100w and yes, it hasn't a dna 40 with temp control but it's a capable device and it has the possibility to connect it to a computer, program it to your liking and download your vape history which might be interesting for some of us. I don't know any other device that can do that today.

Regards
    Tony

Sent from my GT-I9195 through Tapatalk

rallykid

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 13, 2014
    Michigan
    I haven't joined the "Provari should be the only mod ever built club" so it can't be in my head yet. :) That is what i was experiencing i guess was rattlesnaking. I get it slightly with my Sigelei but there was none with the Provari. I was curious if there was any with the Evic S but i can find that by looking up the chip specs and seeing the frequency.

rallykid

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 13, 2014
    Michigan
    Thanks everyone. I don't know anyone with an Evic so it is hard to compare side by side. The Provari is what everyone claims is the gold standard and i have used that before. It looks like the Evic is on the list for the next purchase unless something revolutionary comes along. I am more about good flavor and a quality vape than big numbers and cloud chasing. I am lucky enough to have Ahlusion as my local shop so juice isn't a problem. Finding something good to vape it out of without breaking the bank is the challenge. ;)

tank49

Verified Member
    May 23, 2013
    North Cali
    Glad it's sorted.

Never seen that problem myself. The only problem I seem to have is that, sometimes, when a battery hits 0%, I put a new one and it still reads 0%. I have to restart the evic to get the correct reading. It only happens occasionally

Regards
    Tony

thanks for the tip about restarting the evic. that may be quite helpful to know. would the battery show 0% when it gets down to around 3.2 volts ? i was just thinking to charge my battery when it gets down to 20% or less ?

SlushPuppy

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 17, 2014
    Cincinnati, OH, USA
    looking at the evic supreme. might be a little too complex for me. the menu system seems extremely daunting. who knows though. i wish there was a store in cincinnati area i could go and physically play with some of these mods. theres an altsmoke about 15 minutes away, but they dont have the evic supreme in store, or any of the other mods im looking at. sad day for puppy =[

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    thanks for the tip about restarting the evic. that may be quite helpful to know. would the battery show 0% when it gets down to around 3.2 volts ? i was just thinking to charge my battery when it gets down to 20% or less ?

Mine shows 0% and shuts off at 3.5 volts. I also had the 0% glitch, I usually reset the battery.

tank49

Verified Member
    May 23, 2013
    North Cali
    thanks. I will voltage test my battery at 20% & go from there. With all the info on screen i thought there would be some way to at least show battery voltage, oh well, i still like it.

Will try the RVW in the future, when i find a favorite topper & coil. (will put a build on a new Lemo within a week or so)

Got the evic while i wait for a Vapor Flask DNA 40 to become available, lol.

Last edited:

DIEHLC

Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2014
    Michigan
    A little off topic but idk if anyone here likes to use a Kayfun on theirs but I was watching PBusardos review on the Eleaf Lemo and he showed that you can remove the 510 on the Lemo and the Evic and it screws on as a hybrid. Its pretty awesome. And there is some great reviews on this Lemo, he only had small gripes about it as well. Its definitely next on my list, then I think a Lemo/Evic hybrid is what it will stay from now on and I'll use a Box and Mech for any other attys.

http://www.smoke-evolution.com/LEMO-p/se-rba-lemo.htm

tchavei

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2014
    Portugal
    I had the same problem and I contacted ejoy about it. They didn't want to explain how big the flash on the evic was nor what would happen once it was full (I assume it would start to overwrite oldest data) but I was told that I should factory reset the evic after last sync to speed up the reading.

From the email I got, I understand that the my vapors software has an internal database independent of the device.

I haven't got the chance to try the method but I will.

My plan is to:

1. Sync the evic with the software and download the data

2 . backup all settings through the software

3. Remove the USB connection and factory reset the evic through the device itself

4. Reconnect and restore all previously backup settings

That should be all I guess.

Regards
    Tony

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Question. I've been puffing on this since May. Consequently, I have a quite a bit of history on my eVic S and it takes a long while to do a data import. Does anyone know of a way to clear the data on the mod and retain it on myVapors? I fear a factory reset would overwrite myVapors! Many thanks in advance.

I haven't plugged my eVic in to my computer since, well, May. LOL

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread