Status
Not open for further replies.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
I had it set to 5 minutes and sometimes when chatting I would take a draw and it would be off. With 10 minutes it's always on while I vape actively or during social conversation but when I pull it from my pocket I know I have to click it 5 times. I'm pretty much used to it.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my GT-I9195 through Tapatalk

The Pfhor

Sep 14, 2014
Yokosuka, Japan
Yes, Sony VTC5. I'll be buying a couple more of those in the naxt few days. I'll post up a link when I find a deal.

If you're new(ish) to vaping, and you vape at normal power levels, (like less than 20 watts), then you probably won't need a spare battery. When I vape at 20watts and take around 4 second hits, My battery last all day! My buddy vapes at 10-12 watts on his eVic S and his battery last 3-4 days

Ok thanks I will look forward to your link. I am not necessarily new to vaping, but new to building. I intend to try soon. But you are right, I don't vape very high (I usually use only about 4 volts or 8 watts) but I am still interested in getting a larger battery. I work on a ship in the US Navy, and we don't have plugs in our racks, so the longer I can go without having to charge the better!

Also, just got in the Supreme today, and I like it so far. Freaking massive though lol. I only really had one chance to test run it on the smoke deck, and there is (IMO) a significant difference from the Supreme and my old eGO Twists. Power flow just seems to be more...consistent...if you guys get my drift.

Also and sorry for all the questions, but is there a difference between protected and unprotected 18650 batteries? Are one type better than the other (or, more importantly, safer)?

EDIT: Wanted to add that I am using the Aspire Nautilus Tanks and BVC's with this. Great tanks that don't leak...yet anyway!

Last edited:
Newcomer here! I was looking to see if folks have posted some videos of their screensavers or boot logos. At first I was looking for a repository of something to load up on my eVicS, but after not finding anything I went ahead with the tedious task of cropping resizing and renaming images on my own. :)

For my fellow Whovians:
http://www. youtube .com/watch?v=z0LZkH4Ga7g

Update:
If anyone wants the directory with the images, I have shared them here (dropbox):
https://db .tt/7DFR9azB

Last edited:

taxciter

Jun 21, 2010
Virginia Beach
Just want to check in here and report my experience so far with the eVic-S.
I'm at about a 3000 puff count on my new eVic Supreme with Aspire Nautilus Mini with BVC coils, some at 1.8 Ohms, some at 1.6 Ohms, and the recommended batteries. I immediately upgraded to the latest MyVapors software and firmware v2.2. I don't care about displaying user graphics and photos.
I use 50/50 high nicotine juices. My longtime fave is Lavaflow 36mg from DIYFlavorshack, but I keep a second tank with lower nic juice when I want to vape my ... off.
It's my first APV rig. I've been vaping since the original Joye eGo. I was most recently using eGo-C twist type batteries, Boge F16 Cartomizers, and Smoktech 510-type tanks.
This new setup is a great improvement. I get to set power instead of voltage, making different resistance coils no problem (sometimes a local store will have only 1.8 ohms, sometimes only 1.6). The battery and electronics provide an even power throughout the discharge cycle. I can vape all day on one battery. The variable airflow tank has let me set the draw "vacuum" just so, so that the right amount of juice is pulled into the atomizer.
I usually use the eVic-S in RVW mode. My best settings so far are to have the Nautilus Mini air inlet at the second-largest hole, and the eVic-S in RVW starting at 10W for about 0.5 seconds, quickly dropping to 6W for the duration of the puff. But it's still not bad when set on VW at 6 to 8 Watts. I take about 3 very slow mouth-to-lung draws per 5-8 second puff.
I'm not very tempted to do builds. For me it's not about clouds, just a flavorful nic delivery, and a good set-for-the-day trouble-free device.
And the main thing is that it's easy to avoid that morning cigarette now that I can get a reliable and tasty nic buzz on my vape stick after a few draws.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Ha! That's pretty boss! Good work!

Newcomer here! I was looking to see if folks have posted some videos of their screensavers or boot logos. At first I was looking for a repository of something to load up on my eVicS, but after not finding anything I went ahead with the tedious task of cropping resizing and renaming images on my own. :)

For my fellow Whovians:
http://www. youtube .com/watch?v=z0LZkH4Ga7g

JHDublin

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Ireland
nice to other peoples experience with battery&setup so I'll add mine too.

Been using the evic surpreme for about 3 weeks now and mostly with Aspire Nautilus tanks, with the BDC coils I got best vape at about12/13 watt and with the BVC coils
between 13/15 watt.
Since Friday evening I have mostly been vaping on a RBA Fogger V4.0 and so far mostly at 20 watt, 0.7 ohm dual coil have had it as high as 30 but didn't really think it made any huge difference so dropped back to 20 watt, with the Nautilus I could sometimes get the full day out of 1 battery but the fogger have no problem eating 2 in a day, using the Panasonic 3400 mah batteries and as far as I know most juices are 50/50 pg/vp

Last edited:
So I hate to rain on this parade, but while I quite like the device I find it to be too fragile considering the price. I noticed that over time the screws in the head were coming lose, and now it got worse and worse to the point where I had to tape the whole head section together to prevent it from falling apart. 65K puff on the counter, using Kayfun Lite Plus.

If anyone has any suggestion on how to reattach the screws (which have now completely worn the plastic bit threading they screw in), I'd love to know.

Thank you!

2014-09-21 15.31.21.jpg

Last edited:

taxciter

Jun 21, 2010
Virginia Beach
If anyone has any suggestion on how to reattach the screws (which have now completely worn the plastic bit threading they screw in), I'd love to know.
View attachment 375896
If this happens to me I will try what I always do when a self-threading screw hole is stripped - find some material similar to the stripped material and insert a sliver into the hole, screw in the screw, making sure it grabs, and trim off the excess sliver material. If the hole is plastic, I'd whittle a small shaving from a piece of similar scrap plastic (or softer plastic) and put in just enough to let the screw push the shaving up against the wall of the hole. If it's critical to keep the screw centered, I'd use three slivers spaced 120° apart.
Drinking straw plastic can be cut to do this as well if it's not too thick.
In any case, use just enough material. Too much might push too hard on the hole wall and make a crack.
I don't recommend glue, especially super glue, which can react with plastic in bad ways.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
I'm stunned... What in earth happen to that mod?!?

Until now mine has only fallen once on concrete floor from a height of 3 feet. the impact was quite loud and I closed my eyes while picking it up, praying to the vape gods to be kind. Not a scratch on the mod or the kayfun.

Your pic looks disturbing though :(

Regards
Tony

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
why would you need to go near those screws in the first place ?
I believe he didn't... Excess stress on the atty part would act as an lever and start wonking those screws out? Maybe even letting it drop at the wrong angle might strip those screws I think?

Not sure since the top cap should prevent this but let's hear him out first.

Mine has around 15k puffs and everything still solid.

Regards
Tony

I believe he didn't... Excess stress on the atty part would act as an lever and start wonking those screws out? Maybe even letting it drop at the wrong angle might strip those screws I think?

I think you're right, I have dropped it a couple of times but never noticed any damage, until one day i spotted the attie wasn't sitting solid on top of the evic. What a shame. It's also starting acting up, reporting the wrong or no ohms from my KLP, I think i'm due to a trip to the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread