The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Evic supreme

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Uglymusa, Apr 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. shamrette

shamrette Full Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Twickenham, London, UK
    I think i know what the problem is. I use a KLP. When you screw it in, it doesn't sit exactly flush, so you need to unscrew the evic beauty ring back up so that contact is made with the Atty. If you don't, you end up with 1/4 mm gap which is likely enough to create stress on the screws if placed in a bag or a pocket. Lesson learned.

I didn't go to the shop (too far, I'm lazy), but I ended up ordering new 510 heads from joytech. It definitely improved the connection and it works better (still reports wrong ohm/no attie from time to time through). The interesting thing was the new heads I got got a larger bottom pin than the stock one, maybe joytech is aware of a connectivity problem?

The other thing I'm thinking of is that a drop could have squashed the gold contactor of the unit's head. I'm not too sure how to fix or even test that. Any idea?

2. tchavei

tchavei Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2014
    Portugal
    Hi.
    Since my kfl is a clone (shame on me), I just sanded the 510 connector down a mm and now it sits perfectly flush and solid on my evic s.
    About the bottom pin... I would put a tiny metal piece between the bottom pin and 510 head. If it worked, I would put a drop of solder on it as a more permanent solution.

Regards
    Tony

Sent from my GT-I9195 through Tapatalk

3. taxciter

taxciter Full Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Virginia Beach
    I just poked around the web to see if anyone had set up a battery calculator that vapers can easily use, and found one (and more)!
    Since there has been some discussion in this thread I'm posting the link here.
    Thanks to the folks at steam-engine.org!
    Battery drain | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

4. tchavei

Jul 15, 2014
    Portugal
    Evic supreme is smarter than I thought!

Yep, definitely smarter than any other mod I own.

A few weeks ago I was throwing away a few laptops at work and as I was carrying them to the graveyard, one of the battery packs fell on the ground and split open. Inside there were 6 x 18650 Sony batteries. I only use 18350s (torchy and efest) so they would be of no use to me and besides, after some research, it also seems they are not safe because they are not imr.
    Anyway, just out of curiosity, I measured them and two were dead but the other four were at 3.5V so I charged them up and kept them at work in a drawer for like 3 weeks. I brought them home this weekend and checked them again and all of them still were at 4.2v... I thought... Hey, I'm just going to Test them in the evic and see if they work... Well, I popped one in and tried at 10w, 15w, 20w but when I reached 25w... "overload protection"... Hah!

I went to my drawer and picked up the original Sony vtc4 that came with the kit and tested it at the same settings and guess what... No problem up to 30w

So, all in all, the evic somehow detected the voltage drop in the battery before firing the atty at the set high wattage and basically didn't let me risk venting the battery.

If I would have pulled that stunt on another mod or even a mech, it would probably would have stressed the battery beyond its actual limits.

This is so cool I had to share it :)

Regards
    Tony

5. JamJarPenguin

JamJarPenguin Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2008
    EU
    Is there a way to get the eVic Supreme to show the volts left in the battery rather than the percentage of battery life left?

6. BNEAT

BNEAT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Not that I know of

7. tchavei

Jul 15, 2014
    Portugal
    Hi

So... Did this thread die or are people happily vaping on their evic S's?

:)

Regards
    Tony

8. DIEHLC

DIEHLC Full Member Verified Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Michigan
    I love mine. Been using it a couple months.

Impressions:
    Its a bit too big at times for an all around every day all day regulated mod in my opinion. Would of been nice to have a 18500 tube included or as an extra accessory purchase. Though I know Siam makes some third party ones. But still besides the point. Obviously that changes the "30w" capabilities but it would be nice to have for carrying around during the day at work and what not. Its just big and bulky.

The slow fire that it has. It makes a little sense why Ovale/Joyetech did this I suppose, they claim it helps to prolong coil life but I think it should be a simple option in the settings. You can trick it using the software and the RVV or RWW and setting a bit higher voltage/wattage at first fire then go down a bit after a second or two, but it shouldn't take that much effort to work around it. It eases into the wattage or voltage you set so it takes too long to heat the coil IMO. Obviously another thing you could do is hold down the fire for a second or two first then inhale but again it seems a little unnecessary and doesn't seem like its too good for your coil(s).
    For instance I tried some double twisted kanthal and made an Infinicoil for the Kayfun Lite Plus but it became utterly useless for this mod because it took forever to heat the coil enough for me to even get a hit. Even at very high wattage. But would fire great on a mech. That's an extreme case but it happens with mostly any dripper I have. Especially in the .07-.09 ohm range.

Next the only real issue I have had was for some reason if I go to 20w or more, if my hand is touching the bottom cap it seems to short a bit on my hand, kind of burning it. It's quite irritating, and definitely should not be happening. I'm curious to know if this has happened with anyone else. It has happened a few times to me, I just make sure not to have my hand touch the threads of the bottom cap. But it definitely shouldn't be happening. Probably just bad Quality Check on this one. I requested the Ovale version, but unfortunately Joyetech was all they had. I'm sure I wouldn't have been experiencing that issue with that one.

All in all its a great regulated mod. I'm quite happy with it.
    If I had the choice again I would of spent same money on a 100w box mod or something. Something just as capable and preforms better, but without the bells and whistles.
    Though I love it and I'll probably hold on to it for a long time. I carry with me with a KFL+ on it daily.

9. Wagonator

Wagonator Full Member Verified Member

Apr 7, 2014
    Canada
    i have had mine arc through my hand from the bottom cap .. it's caused by a poor contact between the cap and body .. just clean er up with a bit of alcohol and you wont have that issue again

mine died .. no matter what i try and fire it almost fires for about 1/2 second then goes to overload ..... any homebrew fixes for that ?

10. DejayRezme

DejayRezme Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    All you can do is replace the battery, the 510 connection I think. Otherwise ask the vendor or joyetech for a repair / replacement.

And I didn't know the evic even fired 0.09 ohm coils lol. It'd definitely an extreme coil. You really don't need sub ohm coils, just take a bit thinner wire to get the resistance up. Super low ohm coils might even have something to do with the current you feel?

11. taxciter

taxciter Full Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Virginia Beach
    I'm happy with my eVic-S (Ovale version).
    I've abandoned the RVW for now and just use the wattage setting, tweaking it to taste as needed.
    Yes, there is a delay, and that's got to be there so you can use the button functions without firing. So I wait a second before draw.
    Current favorite topper is a Magma dual coil 0.7 ohm build, with airflow adjusting ring removed.
    Juice is Mother of Dragons 7mg from Vault Bakery (local here in SE Va.).
    I give that juice about 20W and the taste is excellent.
    I found that it's difficult to use the minimum posible 0.5 ohm build since the eVic-S seems to intermittently read it as a short. So no dependable 30W, but 20 is great for me. (edit: that last sentence is an error re 30W)

12. taxciter

taxciter Full Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Virginia Beach
    I also use #15 o-rings around the beauty ring to attach a lanyard. This also gives some protection if the unit falls over or is dropped. The rubber grommet at bottom is just to help it stand up, and I remove that when it's in my shirt pocket.
    eVic-S-w-grommets-lanyard.jpg

13. tchavei

Jul 15, 2014
    Portugal
    I never had any arching with mine but I'm using the 18350 Siam mod tube... That's also the reason I take it with me to work without problems.

I agree that in 18650 mode it's way to bulky for outside use.

I can get 30w with a 1.1 coil... Why a 0.5 one?

Regards
    Tony

14. taxciter

taxciter Full Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Virginia Beach
    My mistake, tchavei. My post edited.

15. Darr00742

Darr00742 Full Member

Aug 10, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Size has not been an issue for me..... hehe :p
    It comes with me to work everyday, fits fine in my pocket but during the day, it lives in a jiffy bag in my van.
    Had mine over 2 months now... just bought a second delta tank for it.
    everyone that's seen it has said something along the line of...."look how big it is!" "are you insane?" "how much did THAT cost?" lol

16. tchavei

Jul 15, 2014
    Portugal
    Lol.
    Even in 18350 people are always messing with me... "that thing is huge!", "looks like a vib... " and other stuff :)

Regards
    Tony

17. tchavei

Jul 15, 2014
    Portugal
    Ok Guys

Venting time:

I'm getting seriously pissed with my evic S. No, its working just great but downloading data is getting ridiculous. In the beginning, it took like 5-10 seconds to download. Now its taking like 6-7 minutes! It looks like it never erases the records and just keeps adding and adding them so when you want to sync your data with the Myvapor software, it doesn't just download the "new" data, it downloads everything! (or so it seems).

What were they thinking? That doesn't make any sense. There is no indication of how much flash space we have on the evic nor how data is stored/erased or replaced.

From my point of view, it should keep the data as long as possible (or start overwriting once full) but every time you would download the data, it should clean the memory and start fresh, don't you agree? Or at least make the software compare its internal database records and only fetch the latest it needed to sync the database no? Whats the point if the software is downloading everything every time? Whats worse... what will happen once the flash storage is full? Will it overwrite the oldest data? If yes, will it still display on the software or will it be lost forever?

Sorry for venting but as I write this, I'm still waiting for it to sync the data (87% right now)... ARG :mad:

Regards
    Tony

18. DejayRezme

DejayRezme Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    Hmm, I don't really use that feature. You could just reset it of course. Maybe you have connected your evic through a different USB port though or an extension that is USB V1?

You could also use the feedback section on their website (but copy your text before submitting, sometimes it eats your post lol).

19. tchavei

Jul 15, 2014
    Portugal
    Well if you don't use it... try it... it will take ages the first time... and ages every subsequent time (which it really shouldn't).

I think I will ask but I don't expect an understandable explanation .

REgards

20. tchavei

Jul 15, 2014
    Portugal
    PS: The form won't be submitted if you use " ' " characters... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.