Not open for further replies.

vitorchapas

Nov 1, 2014
Portugal
Don't see there's anything to correct with SS316

My dual build is perfect using the preset profile at 420f

That's just as long as the mod is kept warm :closedeyes:
X2
Tested using a goblin, a goblin mini and a bellus. Dual 26ga 7 wraps, reading 0.26ohm. Using default ss316 or m2 at 0092 tcr vaping exactly the same... 45w at 450f.

Enviado do meu San Remo Mini através de Tapatalk

Reactions: Quantum Mech

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
I try to use the M1 feature with SS317L but unsure if this is even working right? Set to 92 and goes right into temp protection. Works just fine in the SS mode though. Any body experienced the same? (26G 6wraps @ 2ohms)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is your ohms? 2 ohms at 3mm coil would be like 26 wraps. And .2 would be less than 2 wraps. Maybe I misunderstood.

HD

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Anyone notice the firmware version on recent purchases? My said 3.0 on the box and when I checked it it said 3.0 Beta. Hooked it up and loaded the firmware and the Beta portion went away. Just wondering if anyone else received one with beta firmware.
I believe that is normal.

cheech226

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA. USA
the one i just received displayed 3.0 on the screen. no beta.
anyway i like it so far. after i used m1 to set the tcr for ti to 0366 it vaped my stm just like my koopor mini does, no discernible difference at all. i like the screen better than the koopor. the fire button is a bit loose, but i use the sleeve and that fixes it.

cheech226

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA. USA
maybe i wasn't clear - mine displayed "version 3.0" on the screen out of the box. and i find no difference between the way my koopor mini vapes my stm tank and my new evic vapes the same tank after i changed the evic to 0366 in tcr mode. the ti setting on the evic seemed a bit off so i went to the user defined tcr.

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
Anyone notice the firmware version on recent purchases? My said 3.0 on the box and when I checked it it said 3.0 Beta. Hooked it up and loaded the firmware and the Beta portion went away. Just wondering if anyone else received one with beta firmware.
I received mine 11-25-15 (S/N L11007) with pre- 3.0 firmware (don't recall what exact version it was). After updating the fw on 11-30-15 it now displays "Version Beta 3.00" when prompted. Wondering if there's something different with v3.0 NOW as opposed to when I updated mine?

ETA After just now re updating the fw, it now displays "Version 3.00"- it no longer displays "Beta". Odd, but might mean nada in the greater scheme of things- don't know. But if I see any difference in performance I'll post it.

Last edited:

CorallineAlgae

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Washington, LA
can the CLR coil with the pre-installed kanthal be dry burned?
wondering if it will melt the grommet? perhaps dry burn, but not make the coil glow red won't damage the grommet?
I have dry fired the stock coil and my own coils many times on CLR heads without damaging the grommets. The only thing that slightly damaged a grommet so far was twisted wire. It made a tiny tear in one while roughly installing the coil. I replaced the torn insulator with a CL coil insulator. I don't use NR-R-NR wire at all. So far the stock coils, as well as 26g and 24g 316L and 304 SS wire, hold up fine. The coils glow red before a quick rinse with no harm done. I usually dry burn the coils 2-3 times before rewicking.

Just hold on to the CL heads that came with the tank in case you happen to loose or tear a CLR insulator. The grommets and positive pins are interchangeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread