Status
Not open for further replies.

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
You don't think JTech does it all in-house?
You think they contract out the boards (wire shouldn't be an issue)?

With all the subsidiary companies in joyetech's stables, I wouldn't be surprised if they owned their own PCB facility. I don't think they have a chip fab and are producing all the components on their PCBs, however.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Yeah, they must be one of the larger umbrellas.

I expect they do do their own fab, but you're right that it could go either way.
I do doubt that there would be enough accepted variation to account for their TCRs being all over the place though. Keep in mind, there's more than one way to approach a pleasant TC vape. Half of these "discrepancies" may be no more than personal preference.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Mine are brand new and I have HW v1.0 don't know if that means anything at all.
Wow, I've rarely seen reports of Ti that low. Don't know why, seems it's always used much hotter.
I've only used that included eGo Mega head though, so I never looked into it.
On my SXM's they have always been real good between 420-430F It wasn't until I got something with a Jtech board that I had to go higher. Before some of the updates like 500F

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
The only mods I had used before these were YiHi and after their last update they seemed to perform correctly before that they performed like Jtech and I used them on NI200 at 290F instead of using them on Ti at 480F but when they came out with their final update 2.32 they were perfect in Ti mode. Quantum Mech I believe is the one that told me about using the ni mode with them before that.

Reactions: Quantum Mech

Jalcide

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2015
I do doubt that there would be enough accepted variation to account for their TCRs being all over the place though.

I agree.

The only two points of accuracy failure would be the ohm meter reading circuitry and calibration, including the 510 and wiring. And how accurately it delivers wattages it's set to.

Fortunately, these two things are very easy to QA, and with great precision. They probably QA it several times at different points of assembly.

The rest of the components are pretty binary; either they pass or fail.

Edit: Never mind, you guys were talking about between different brands of devices and wire variance.

Last edited:

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Wow, I've rarely seen reports of Ti that low. Don't know why, seems it's always used much hotter.
    I've only used that included eGo Mega head though, so I never looked into it.

I often run my TC mods at 380F. If you have a good air flow/coil/wick setup with some juice mixes you can even go lower than that. I run %100VG most of the time (which I'm told boils at 580F).

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015
    Edit: Never mind, you guys were talking about between different brands of devices and wire variance.

Not entirely.

The four in question are...
    VTC by JoyeTech
    Cuboid by JoyeTech
    RX200 by Wismec
    Presa 75 by Wismec

Wismec (like Eleaf) is a wholly owned subsidiary of JoyeTech.

So yes... there are different brands involved, but it's really all JTech.
    It's also why all four made a jump to v3.0 firmware. Which was nice of them actually.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Spokane,WA
    I think their settings for TCR are off. My SX I can set to 366 or on there it is 00366 and the vape is perfect at 420F and is the same as in Ti mode on these I would have to go to TCR 380-385 to get that vape at 420 at TCR375 450F is nearly the same but different a little don't know if it has to do with the signal or what and my RX is the same.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2014
    RB nj
    I think their settings for TCR are off. My SX I can set to 366 or on there it is 00366 and the vape is perfect at 420F and is the same as in Ti mode on these I would have to go to TCR 380-385 to get that vape at 420 at TCR375 450F is nearly the same but different a little don't know if it has to do with the signal or what and my RX is the same.
    Different manufacturers, boards, & software. You shouldn't expect identical results.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2013
    Emerald Coast
    Different manufacturers, boards, & software. You shouldn't expect identical results.

Not identical but definitely similar, else what is the point of adjustable TCR or wattage for that matter.

These are applied mathematical formulas, if they aren't at least similar then we may as well be using (High, Medium, Low) for power and (Cool, Warm, Hot) for Temperature Control.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2014
    RB nj
    Not identical but definitely similar, else what is the point of adjustable TCR or wattage for that matter.

These are applied mathematical formulas, if they aren't at least similar then we may as well be using (High, Medium, Low) for power and (Cool, Warm, Hot) for Temperature Control.
    SX runs hot & you know it. Joyetech runs cooler. Different Manufacturers, different boards, & software. Should they be similar in principle - they are. Will they be exact - not yet. Will that get closer in the future as demands of the community and regulatory agencies institute a uniform testing standard - probably, but we are not there yet.

Personally I think the only way to get them the same is to eliminate proprietary software and institute standardized code/hardware interface implementation. Don't believe that will ever happen & we will probably wind up with the classic Windows (Evolv) vs Mac/IOS (Joyetech/Wismec/Eleaf vs Lynux (SX, Yihi) vs Android (Kanger, clones) type scenario.

Wait a minute - Isn't that exactly where we are?

Last edited:

f1vefour

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2013
    Emerald Coast
    The biggest problem is few devices actually apply the proper power to the coil, some apply too much and some too little.

Throw TC in the mix and it becomes just that, a mixed bag of results. The more variables to consider the more varied the outcome, the only way to get accuracy is with realtime temperature and power monitoring at the coil. Without this we can't expect two devices to perform the same, not even two identical devices.

I do enjoy how close we are though, I can get a similar TC vape on two different devices. Who really cares if you have to bump up/down the TCR...at least we have an adjustment to manipulate now. Thanks to China and their impure Nickel wire.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2014
    RB nj
    The biggest problem is few devices actually apply the proper power to the coil, some apply too much and some too little.

Throw TC in the mix and it becomes just that, a mixed bag of results. The more variables to consider the more varied the outcome, the only way to get accuracy is with realtime temperature and power monitoring at the coil. Without this we can't expect two devices to perform the same, not even two identical devices.

I do enjoy how close we are though, I can get a similar TC vape on two different devices. Who really cares if you have to bump up/down the TCR...at least we have an adjustment to manipulate now. Thanks to China and their impure Nickel wire.
    We are in agreement, but the limitations of that are unrealistic.

Just look back a year though.

Would you ever have imagined where we are today or all the money you have spent since then?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread