EVIC VT - Nickle coil - weird taste - pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

myzel

Jul 7, 2015
I just got my EVIC VT yesterday and made the mistake of forgetting to pre-soak the stock Ni coil. So I used the Ti one. It was giving me great smoke, but the taste definitely wasn't Blueberry Pomegranate. It tasted more like rubber. But not burnt. I thought it was the coil at first, but I went back to my store and bought new Ni ones. But no change.

I tried fiddling around with the temp and volts but didn't help at all. Bringing the temp down to 340 would produce close to no vapor.

It almost seems as if they juice isn't getting in to burn. Not sure how to technically describe it. If anyone could lend a hand or have had the same problem and has a solution, it would be very much appreciated.

myzel

Jul 7, 2015
I noticed when I used mine with Ti coils on a Goliath. It did have a funny taste, but it went away after a little bit of vaping. Then it was just pure Flavor bliss! Maybe try using it for a little longer and see if the taste goes away.

I hope you're right, good sir. I'll give it a shot. If not, do you have any other suggestions?

myzel

Jul 7, 2015
Have you tried the juice with a different setup? Or a different juice?

Yeah I have a subtank nano, but I think I was given a bad batch of coils, they're so good, problem is one didn't last more than a day. Burnt after a full day of vaping. I might go back to that if I can't fix this. But that requires me to spend another $17 on another pack of coils that I just spent for the evic. Kinda sucks, but people are saying that subtank is better and that joyetech messed up on their stock tank for evic vt.

I only have one bottle of juice though. And its really no problem in the subtank. So i can't really try a new juice in the new tank. I'd assume it'll do the same thing though even if i changed the juice.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
Yeah if it tastes good in the subtank it should taste similar in the ego mega tank. I've heard a lot of complaints about the ego mega tank but mine works great. I'd recommend buying a subtank mini and some nickel wire for like $35. A bit bigger up front investment than new coils but then you can just build the RBA and never have to buy coils again. I have a subtank mini on my eVic with a single coil nickel build and it is probably the best tasting setup I own. Plus the white and black subtanks match the eVic paint jobs.

myzel

Jul 7, 2015
Yeah if it tastes good in the subtank it should taste similar in the ego mega tank. I've heard a lot of complaints about the ego mega tank but mine works great. I'd recommend buying a subtank mini and some nickel wire for like $35. A bit bigger up front investment than new coils but then you can just build the RBA and never have to buy coils again. I have a subtank mini on my eVic with a single coil nickel build and it is probably the best tasting setup I own. Plus the white and black subtanks match the eVic paint jobs.

Yeah it definitely doesn't taste even remotely the same. Maybe I just get bad batches all the time. If thats the case, looks like I'm gonna have to learn to build my own. I've always stuck with the pre-built since I don't have to worry about wasting money, in case I do it wrong. But it seems I'm wasting money anyway.

Reactions: hashtag

myzel

Jul 7, 2015
It's like 5 bucks for 100 feet of nickel wire so you have room for error. It is intimidating to start building but you will find it's easy once you try. The subtank RBA is pretty easy to build for, if you have any questions just let me know and I'll help you get through that first build.

Thanks man. Its really appreciated. I'll check it out soon.

Actually I just checked out a picture. Are you talking about this one?
http://the-best-electronic-cigarett...btank-Plus-vs.-Kanger-Subtank-RDA-Section.jpg

Because if I get this, does it come with the glass tank part? (excuse my noob-ness) Or just the bottom part that I have to build and attach to my old subtank? I remember inside my subtank mini box it came with materials to build things (cotton, a coil (of which sort i don't know), some black rubber circles, and a mini RBA.) which I think i tried doing it, but failed out of curiosity.

myzel

Jul 7, 2015
I was thinking you had a subtank nano if you have a mini it already has the RBA in the box. It is the thing you were trying to send a picture of

So i actually just picked up the RBA mini that I had and looked up a youtube video. and its working quite well so far. I think the wire is Ni in the subtank package right? Should I put my setting on my evic on power? or on the Ni Temp?

myzel

Jul 7, 2015
For nickel or tatanium you will need to buy the wire and wrap the coil yourself.

They sell it on amazon pretty cheap or at most vape sites. Vape stores by me only carry kanthal but I assume most carry nickel elsewhere.

You have been an extreme help. I really really appreciate it. Last question for now: how long does this sort of build last until it needs replacing, usually?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
You have been an extreme help. I really really appreciate it. Last question for now: how long does this sort of build last until it needs replacing, usually?

I don't have vt or nickel, but in the case of kanthal, coils can last a very long time; the thicker the wire, the longer it lasts;
I've been running the same 30 gauge and 28 gauge coils for 6+ months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread