EVOD head prototype mod for Billet Box only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrathor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Canton, MI
I still have not attempted to build a coil for the Sabot. That says a lot more about how much I am enjoying it than about being lazy. I am even good with the airflow. Add an afc into the mix...
I think I will get around to doing my own coil tomorrow, but I think all of you guys that prefer not fiddling around will be happy as well. I'm not sucking any juice either.

calidreaming

Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Hi All,

I've being lurking on ECF for the past year and haven't made a single post, that is until a couple of days ago. It appears that I need 20+ post and be verified before I can get on the co-op list for the DDDJ&J.

Here's a photo of the latest condor that I built.

condor.jpg

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Hi All,

I've being lurking on ECF for the past year and haven't made a single post, that is until a couple of days ago. It appears that I need 20+ post and be verified before I can get on the co-op list for the DDDJ&J.

View attachment 330596

Game changer for these home made ones that Drink_J came up with is to drill out that stem so there is no longer a juice/condensation trap in the upper tube. I suspect that rather than removing the stem, and filling the void with something like JB weld would work as well.

Welcome to ECF calidreamig!

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Hi All,

View attachment 330596

You are almost there, so hurry up and get those posts in and get verified! It is an easy process and you have time to do it.....so get to it as we would love to have everyone interested get a Sabot DDD.

2423kids

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2012
VA and FL
I still have not attempted to build a coil for the Sabot. That says a lot more about how much I am enjoying it than about being lazy. I am even good with the airflow. Add an afc into the mix...
I think I will get around to doing my own coil tomorrow, but I think all of you guys that prefer not fiddling around will be happy as well. I'm not sucking any juice either.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^ is REALLY good news for ME! :D YAY! And thanks to everyone that has worked so hard to make this happen!

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com

I too am pleased to read this~! I bought my BB because I am/was a carto user. As such, whatever replaces the carto needs to be just as easy to use and swap out, or better. This post above confirms all my hopes for the Sabot-DDD ;P

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Just a little more info, with the version 6, I was able to vape all the way to an almost completely dry tank. Not the first flood or dry hit the entire time. Was the best tank of juice I have ever vaped through my BB. Not sure we have mentioned before, but we put a restriction in the upper tube to decrease the diameter just after the coil chamber. The popular trend right now is to have small coil chamber to develop a richer flavor. I can definitely tell a difference, as this was the best flavor ever from my BB.

I mentioned this before, but those who don't want to build a coil, no problem. Remove the loose silica on top of the coil (when you open it up to attach to Sabot, you will understand what I am talking about if you don't already), and place one short piece of Sugar and Cream cotton yarn or a small tuft, pull from a cotton ball and twisted small enough to fit the area. Man that really brought the flavor our versus just the standard silica. Anyway, just saying, easy thing to try.

Enjoying the hell out of my version 6 right now! Can't wait for the rest of you to join me. :)

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Was wondering if the DDD is compatible with the newer kanger heads that go into the aero tanks? I know it was said earlier that the kanger heads would need to be ground down to fit proper just wondering tho if the newer heads were the same or possibly compatible

No. The old, single coil Kangers will fit only of the ring is ground down. The newer ones will not fit.

Last edited:

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
OK good to know. Cause if they were I was gonna order a .... load of them, but scratch that lol

I ordered like 20 of the ARO heads. I rebuild em right away, but I wanted to have a long term supply in case they decide to phase them out anytime soon. To put this in perspective, I have a few that I've been using since this thread started and are still viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread