EVOD head prototype mod for Billet Box only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Little late night update.

A bit over halfway empty testing 100%VG Boba's Bounty this time using a stock 2.2ohm ARO head in the V5. While not as good a performance as I get out of a head that I've rebuilt with cotton and micro coil, it has worked well. At first, partially because I over filled the tank a bit not leaving much of an air bubble, it did tend to want to run on the dry side. Had to keep the voltage down around 4V.

If I weren't in test mode, I would either have removed some top wick, or more likely replaced the top wick only with cotton if not doing my usual rebuild. Or, if using the final version that will include air flow control, probably just tightening the draw a bit would have done the trick alone.

For those not familiar with Boba's Bounty, it is about as thick a juice as one can vape. So if a stock head can handle Boba's, it's safe to say they can wick anything.

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Question? I am a carto user (ease of use), and am testing a Billet Bridge (stock coils only). If I am not into coil building at all, which of these two devices will I want? I am liking the B Bridge so far, no down-sides that I've noticed in 4-5 tanks. I'm sorry for being ignorant, but other than being made by different folks - what makes the 'Sabot' *different* from the B Bridge? (other than different coils used)

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Question? I am a carto user (ease of use), and am testing a Billet Bridge (stock coils only). If I am not into coil building at all, which of these two devices will I want? I am liking the B Bridge so far, no down-sides that I've noticed in 4-5 tanks. I'm sorry for being ignorant, but other than being made by different folks - what makes the 'Sabot' *different* from the B Bridge? (other than different coils used)

We think ARO heads are better, this device is cheaper and you can rebuild much easier if you so desire. Also we have added adjustable air flow control too.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Link please?

I can not directly link to a co-op thread, against the rules. You'll have to go to main forum and scroll down to co-ops, and looking under co-op discussion.

Rule #18
Do not post links to your ordering or any other CO-OP related document outside the CO-OP section. Also do not place links to these documents inside your signature. This is bypassing the Verified Member process and will be considered "Buying/Selling outside the Classified/CO-OP section" which is an infractable offense.

Dan

Last edited:

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Stupid rules
Trust me, I am having a hard time understanding the why on a lot of things related to this, but we simply have to trust a lot of people have been doing this for a number of years and believe they have all of our best interest in mind when they come up with them. Haha... but I was using a bit stronger words when I read some of the rules.

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Ok folks, Big D or someone made a comment here or on the phone, about using a standard prebuilt aro head, coil and wick,, but remove the excess silica on the top and replace with a little cotton. OMG that was a stroke of genius. Wow what a difference it made over just the plain silica. And it is absolutely a simple thing to do. Please, any of you folks who have the test model out there, please try it. You will be happy you did.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Took my own advise and yanked the silica top wick and replaced with cotton on the Boba's Bounty test tank before refilling. Mucho better.

Really is amazing how just that little tweak takes a stock head and gives it nearly as good a performance as a complete rebuild. I like to put a couple of drops of juice on the cotton and sort of gently compress and roll it into shape to help judge the right amount to use. Most definitely prefer cotton ball for this over yarn since it wicks better, and pre-forming the wick makes using the loose cotton just as easy as yarn.

A lot of words to say yum to the V6 with hybrid wick and Boba's with my AM coffee. :vapor:

finagle69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Took my own advise and yanked the silica top wick and replaced with cotton on the Boba's Bounty test tank before refilling. Mucho better.

Really is amazing how just that little tweak takes a stock head and gives it nearly as good a performance as a complete rebuild. I like to put a couple of drops of juice on the cotton and sort of gently compress and roll it into shape to help judge the right amount to use. Most definitely prefer cotton ball for this over yarn since it wicks better, and pre-forming the wick makes using the loose cotton just as easy as yarn.

A lot of words to say yum to the V6 with hybrid wick and Boba's with my AM coffee. :vapor:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I've tried cotton yarn, but it just doesn't wick well at all for me. At all.

finagle69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Sacramento, CA
I just got my test unit in. Ogre tested-Ogre approved. I didn't break anything OR curse, I swear (oops!)
I've only been on it for 5 minutes, but so far it's pretty bad )(

Let me know if you need any specific advice. Are you going stock coil or full rebuild? At the very least, you should try replacing the top flavor wicks with some cotton.

Hrathor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Canton, MI
Let me know if you need any specific advice. Are you going stock coil or full rebuild? At the very least, you should try replacing the top flavor wicks with some cotton.
Right now I'm just using a stock 1.8 ohm with SnC on the top. I had a rough week and didn't feel like getting into the guts. I'll most likely switch the 1.8 out for a 3.0 with cotton on top and rebuild the 1.8, then drop it in my back-up tank. That way I'm not loosing any trial time and I won't get stressed out. This is the first time in weeks I've been able to chain vape my BB, and I'm finally actually happy to be holding it again. I was having nothing but problems with any of my diver builds and I hate carto's. I knew there was potential with this, and so far I would even be happy with just a stock ARO. But you know I won't stay stock for long!
Thanks. If I have any problems I'll be sure to ask for help.
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread