Evod Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fraser19

Nov 19, 2014
Canada
Hey guys,

I posted this about a month ago,but I am having problems again. I have a pair of Evod's and the battery keeps flashing. I know its not a dead battary because I bought two new batterys. I do not understand what is going on. Why does this keep happening? It doesn't matter if I change the coils or buy new batteries I cant seem to get it to work?

Any ideas on what I can do to get my EVOD to work properly?

opm2008

Verified Member
Dec 27, 2014
Singapore
Not sure if I have the same model, mine is the EVOD 650mah starter kit.
Yes, mine does flash a lot too :)
But mainly when I press too long on the button (12 seconds I think and it flashes a few times before power cut off).
Then while the button is depressed the button is not lit.
But it still runs after releasing the button and pressing down for the next drag,
And the other time it flashes is when battery is going out. I thought the former incident meant I had to charge the battery (silly me) but I think it is a safety feature.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Not sure if I have the same model, mine is the EVOD 650mah starter kit.
Yes, mine does flash a lot too :)
But mainly when I press too long on the button (12 seconds I think and it flashes a few times before power cut off).
Then while the button is depressed the button is not lit.
But it still runs after releasing the button and pressing down for the next drag,
And the other time it flashes is when battery is going out. I thought the former incident meant I had to charge the battery (silly me) but I think it is a safety feature.

Yes, after too long a press it will turn off to prevent overheating, and is good to go once you release the fire button.

Typically - but not necessarily with all makes and models! - when the charge is low it will flash 2 or 3 times and shut down. And may or may not repeat that action if you press the button again.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
In addition to the above, make sure to keep the contacts on your batteries and charger clean. Moisten one end of a Qtip with a little alcohol and run it around the contacts on the battery and the charger (after unplugging the charger). Use the other end to dry off the battery and charger contacts. I do this every time I change my battery, and it really helps keep the battery running properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread