EVOD's leaking something terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightlord

Sep 15, 2014
Missouri
Hey all, back when I got re-introduced into vaping I purchased a couple of EVOD's, and for a brief period of time they were alright, but then they began leaking something fierce. They drip onto the battery, excessively, they gurgle and spit out the top (more than condensation could ever account for)

I read a article explaining a fix for them - where you remove the silicon piece from the head of a used atty, and put it on the stem backwards (open end facing the tip) and for a brief period of time that remedied the situation, but not perfectly, and not permanently. My coil heads are tightened down, all of the o-rings are good, and I've washed and dried everything to be sure, and it still leaks bad.

If anyone has any experience with this I would love you long time, as I'd like to be able to use them, instead of having them just clog up my desk with an overwhelming feeling of disdain. (I exaggerate)

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I've been using single coil Kanger clearos (T3, Evod, Protank) for almost two years. I dryburn my coils about once a week and replace the original loose top wicks with one piece of either 1.5mm or 2.mm silica wick. If I have the right size wick in the coil, I can vape the tank almost completely dry.

How to Clean & Dry Burn Kanger EVOD & MT3's

J.R.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Next time you clean your coils, remove the chimney and look at the coil and where the flavor wicks are. If it worked fine then started leaking chances are the flavor wicks have fallen down the sides leaving gaping holes between the top of the coil wick and the chimney base. Pull the wicks out carefully not to unravel them and offset each one so each sticks out the side a bit, this works best with a brand new head. Something else is that the coil could be too low in the head so slide a thin pin through the coil and lift it up slightly. Kanger is cheap on the wicking so either learn some DIY or rebuilding, not using the stock heads right out of the box without opening the head up and looking at it first, and knowing what that coil is suppose to look like in the head and fix it to get the best performance out of it.
Best solution is to buy some 1 or 2mm silica wick, toss the stock wicks away and replace with a beefier flavor wick, that should solve the leaking and gurgling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread