EVOlution. Is it worth upgrading to one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryx

Mar 14, 2009
I absolutely love my EVO. Although I did have one faulty battery that wouldn't activate a week after receiving it, that John promptly replaced. It has EXCELLENT vapor production for a device of its size. My first Atomizer lasted only about a month before it started to have a problem producing vapor. Didn't bother them about it since it may have been a result of a drop that bent it a little and shortened its lifespan or my direct dripping after first week almost exclusively. My replacement set of atomizers seem to be better constructed too. It has more vapor then the 901, but, not quite the same throat hit. For me, since I smoked lights, I prefer the EVO over the 901. My only dissatisfaction with it, is about the same as the 901, that only the end of the cart nearest the atomizer really gets dried out so even though the vapor production starts rapidly diminishing, there is still a lot liquid in the cart. Anyone recommend a model that really hits the whole cart?

Smo

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Italy
Another completely satisfied Intellicig customer here. I've entered week 6 on the same atomizer, still going strong, always used this device and this device only, altough i have replacements. Same 2 batteries, which do stay alive for a bit shorter now, but I am vaping at least 2 ml a day and still making it (barely) trough the whole day with those 2.

Great vapour production, great flavor delivery, nice throat hit that even get too harsh at times depending on the juices. Incredible price for such a quality, I think that's the best quality over price (and vice-versa) device I've seen around.

And the Intellicig site is one of the few that isn't claiming bs on cartridges lasting a whole carton and such, and, when I was pondering my first purchase, that reassured me a whole lot about having to deal with them.

I've dropped the atomizer countless times, 2 of those bending the chromed atomizer casing (pic attached, I hope it's clear enough to let you see that the atomizer casing is no more a circle at all, but flattened on 2 sides) and 1 time I dropped it, battery attached, directly on the mesh completely bending it toward one side. I thought "mmhkay, it's done, I finally get to use my spares". No way.

This thing is a tank, i would recommend it to anyone.

Attachments

• att.jpg
    att.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 110

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
I've dropped my evos about 100 times, too. I've dropped them on the mesh with no battery attached. I've dropped them on the mesh WITH battery attached. I've dropped them completely assembled. I've dropped them on concrete. I've dropped them on tile. I've dropped them on the edge of the ceramic sink.

I've pulled them apart, played with them, twisted them, tweaked them, reshaped them after dropping, intentionally overheated them, boiled them, soaked them in coke, hit them with the sprayer on the sink and generally abused the sh.t out of them.

They all work like a charm.

Damned sturdy, these things are.

AnglVapin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2009
Cajunland - Louisiana
as im sure most people know, i quite like the EVO. but i also really like the RN4081.......i think that e-cig is like marmite, you either love it or hate it! me, i love it......very consistant, easy to use, pretty good bttery life and very good vapour production.

i rated the EVO and the Npro RN4081 both the same score in my video review of them.
im happy to use either!

pete, you really should have just sent john an email about your dodgy parts! he sends out replacements with no hassle. ive never even read a single post where someone has said otherwise.........i dont think he even asks for the faulty ones back!

i reckon you could still send him a message now and get it sorted...........no way should you have to keep buying parts if they were faulty.

Just a note... When shopping for an e-cig and doing research, it was your confidence in the EVO that made my decision! I just received it today and so far I love it! This is my first experience with an e-cig.

So far, soooo good!

The only draw back was the shipping time to the USA and they sent the wrong strength cartridges...so I sort of have a big headache right now.

I still want to use it even though I need to return the cartidges for the low menthols instead of the high menthols. They making me HIGH! lol

I really do hope it continues to perform as it is now.

Thank you for all the info you provided.

AnglVapin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2009
Cajunland - Louisiana
I do have a question, and I sincerely apologize if I am asking in the wrong thread.

I have the EVO. Are there any places in the US which sells the cartidges? I would like to order some with quick shipping, while I wait on the new ones I need to order from intellicig. Also, do any cartidges fit? What kind do I need to order to fit the EVO?

Thank you in advance!
Maria

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
Just a note... When shopping for an e-cig and doing research, it was your confidence in the EVO that made my decision! I just received it today and so far I love it! This is my first experience with an e-cig.

So far, soooo good!

The only draw back was the shipping time to the USA and they sent the wrong strength cartridges...so I sort of have a big headache right now.

I still want to use it even though I need to return the cartidges for the low menthols instead of the high menthols. They making me HIGH! lol

I really do hope it continues to perform as it is now.

Thank you for all the info you provided.

you are very welcome mate, im glad to help!

check out this user guide vid i made on the EVO.....it may come in handy

YouTube - EVOlution E-CIG USER TIPS AND MAINTENANCE GUIDE

cheers,

scott

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
I do have a question, and I sincerely apologize if I am asking in the wrong thread.

I have the EVO. Are there any places in the US which sells the cartidges? I would like to order some with quick shipping, while I wait on the new ones I need to order from intellicig. Also, do any cartidges fit? What kind do I need to order to fit the EVO?

Thank you in advance!
Maria

hi maria,

the guy just above these posts called "terraphon" has details of a reputable site that now sells the evo in the US.

send him a pm or maybe he will post the details here for other guys to see as well.

but any e-cig that is based on a model m401 (evo, pilot, mirage for example) will have carts that fit.

AnglVapin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2009
Cajunland - Louisiana
hi maria,

the guy just above these posts called "terraphon" has details of a reputable site that now sells the evo in the US.

send him a pm or maybe he will post the details here for other guys to see as well.

but any e-cig that is based on a model m401 (evo, pilot, mirage for example) will have carts that fit.

Thanks for the video link and the info above.

I wasn't sure it was considered an M401.

Thanks again!

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
by the way,

just thought i would show off my modded EVO that i did today!

HOW SEXY IS THIS!

16032009139.jpg

this was just the plain white version until i removed the paint from the battery and atomiser and then built a new steel / platinum mouthpiece.

the mouthpiece was a real pain in the ... to make!

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
by the way,

just thought i would show off my modded EVO that i did today!

HOW SEXY IS THIS!

16032009139.jpg

this was just the plain white version until i removed the paint from the battery and atomiser and then built a new steel / platinum mouthpiece.

the mouthpiece was a real pain in the ... to make!

Scott that is a wicked mod, would you consider posting a short video on how you did the mouthpiece up?

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
WiηgC¤mmαηdεя;137879 said:
Scott that is a wicked mod, would you consider posting a short video on how you did the mouthpiece up?

cheers mate!

around 2 months ago i posted on this forum how i would really like a solid siver or gold mouthpiece where you just changed the small inner cart but it got zero response! but then yesterday a guy on another forum had posted to say that he had made one (not solid silver or gold though!) and that he had been inspired from the platinum evo battery i made!

so when combining the 2 you get a fantastic looking e-cig! (even if i do say so myself! lol)

i will definitely be making a "how to" vid as soon as i get a chance.......but be warned, the mouthpiece is a real ..... to make!

the rest is easy

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
I don't want a video. I want him to damned well send me one because I'm too damned busy / lazy to do it myself.

damnit
LOL, with all the reviews and experimenting you have done/do i can understand. The Coke/RC cola/Pepsi atomizer cleaning method works fantastic!

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
i will definitely be making a "how to" vid as soon as i get a chance.......but be warned, the mouthpiece is a real ..... to make!

the rest is easy

Thanks Scott, looking forward to it. hopefully my Evo kits will be in by then(ordered March 3rd from the UK). Cheers.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
WiηgC¤mmαηdεя;137930 said:
LOL, with all the reviews and experimenting you have done/do i can understand. The Coke/RC cola/Pepsi atomizer cleaning method works fantastic!

I'm super glad that worked out for you. I've been getting a lot of positive feedback on that and I'm very happy to have been able to help people out.

I've had a lot of help, too. I wouldn't have come up with the cola tick if someone hadn't sent me atomizers. I wouldn't have thought to dig around in the guts of one of my 401 batteries if I hadn't heard about people taking them apart to try to see how they work. Sun gave me the background on the loose cartridge fix and I figured it out from there. The cartridge re-filling thing was a collaborative...people helped me find the right kind of material and I ran with it...

I have to give BIG ups to the community. An awesome bunch of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread