Evolv DNA250

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
but some enablers in the Bachelor thread got me curious and, well, you know how that works, lol

HEY! :mad:

I prefer "Lifestyle Enhancements Assistant". :p

I might as well start saving up then, lol

It never ends now does it?
24462279700_2cc68e3b1d_o.gif

Ah... I see my work here is done. :D

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
That's funny, I posted the exact same thing on another forum yesterday. Now looking at it again I noticed it also has reverse battery protection for mods using 18650's (26650's, etc) and a higher current fuse. Probably all good updates. The 250 watts doesn't matter to me since I don't use the 200 I have now.

Cheers,
Steve

Yep, I don't need 250 watts either, or 200, or..... Most I need is around 30 max. But I do miss a tiny mod so the DNA60 in a tiny form factor may interest me... like I need another APV.... :facepalm:

andreariana

Dec 29, 2015
indonesia
exciting to wait new mod using this board
because my triade dna200 already chewed 11 out of my 15 paired batteries

with rverse polarity on board, i hope we no longer see those scrumptious ugly wrap chewing machine ring on the positive contact in the battery sledge.

the 250 watt is not really important for me, since i only vape at 50-80w on my RDAs
for my tank, i'm already satisfied with hcigar nano dna75, it's beautiful.
i rock my kayfun5 and nautilus on hcigar nano.

as for the TC, dont usually used it either, straight forward wattage mod all day..

one thing i dont understand, with 55amp output which is higher as said above, is that means i need new batteries with higher amps??
so far i only have 9 samsung 30Q and 6 LG HG2 for my triade

i wonder how much used triade valued when lost vape anounce new mod using dna250, because i have 3 of them, at least i need to sell 1 or maybe 2.

i do really hope lost vape announce new triade (or something 3x18650 ) with dna250 board in it
i will jump the gun immediately when they do and buy a few of them.
hope no reuleaux dna250, because reuleaux dna200 was baaaddddd, i had 2 of them, sold them soon after i got my first triade.

with reverse polarity on board that means no more lipo battery right???
i hate those lipo's battery, not as convenient as using 18650's

Reactions: Eskie

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
You are kidding? The secret to not tearing batteries with the Triade or the Reuleaux DNA200 for that matter is to push the battery towards the negative spring and now the positive is free to slip right out without touching that tearing ripping positive ring. The two back batteries this is harder to do. But hold the positive in place so it doesn't move and slide the battery strap all of the way to the negative end and wiggle the negative out free. Now the positive has no pressure and falls out.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
You are kidding? The secret to not tearing batteries with the Triade or the Reuleaux DNA200 for that matter is to push the battery towards the negative spring and now the positive is free to slip right out without touching that tearing ripping positive ring. The two back batteries this is harder to do. But hold the positive in place so it doesn't move and slide the battery strap all of the way to the negative end and wiggle the negative out free. Now the positive has no pressure and falls out.
Tried that... works sometimes... and sometimes.. well, ONCE it didn't and it clipped the wrap. But I'm getting the hang of it.
Also sharply pulling on the ribbon helps but I'm so afraid of pulling too hard and eventually ripping it out.

VapingBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2015
Hertfordshire, UK

with rverse polarity on board, i hope we no longer see those scrumptious ugly wrap chewing machine ring on the positive contact in the battery sledge.

the 250 watt is not really important for me, since i only vape at 50-80w on my RDAs
for my tank, i'm already satisfied with hcigar nano dna75, it's beautiful.
i rock my kayfun5 and nautilus on hcigar nano.

as for the TC, dont usually used it either, straight forward wattage mod all day..

one thing i dont understand, with 55amp output which is higher as said above, is that means i need new batteries with higher amps??
so far i only have 9 samsung 30Q and 6 LG HG2 for my triade

i wonder how much used triade valued when lost vape anounce new mod using dna250, because i have 3 of them, at least i need to sell 1 or maybe 2.

i do really hope lost vape announce new triade (or something 3x18650 ) with dna250 board in it
i will jump the gun immediately when they do and buy a few of them.
hope no reuleaux dna250, because reuleaux dna200 was baaaddddd, i had 2 of them, sold them soon after i got my first triade.

with reverse polarity on board that means no more lipo battery right???
i hate those lipo's battery, not as convenient as using 18650's

You can set the input current limit, both continuous and pulse so you can use any decent batteries.

andreariana

Dec 29, 2015
indonesia

in reuleaux dna200 those tricks works, but it's a meeeeehhh in triade
sometimes it works, most of the time it didnt
the battery compartement is much tighter in triade compare to reuleaux dna200

i love the triade , so i bought battery wrap in a bulk
better safe than sorry

andreariana

Dec 29, 2015
indonesia
when do evolv start to distribute those dna250 chips to manufacturers?
usually chinese companies are the quickest to throw out new product with new chip in it..
too bad US vaper can't get them, because it's already past august 8th

in my country, vapers are so small in number, it's just like 0.005% from 150 million citizen
while smokers are about 40% from 150 million citizen, so the government doesn't really care
and because vaping is more expensive than smoking in here
tobaco cigarette just $1.5/pack some even cheaper, while e-liquids are about $15-$25 for 30 ml

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I have a feeling this board was released early enough that it entered the marketplace just in time to sell in the US.

I think Boxer got a couple models out in time and I know Evolv threw a couple up on their site before the deadline. Not sure how many out there are 60, 167 (?) and 250 though.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
in reuleaux dna200 those tricks works, but it's a meeeeehhh in triade
sometimes it works, most of the time it didnt
the battery compartement is much tighter in triade compare to reuleaux dna200

i love the triade , so i bought battery wrap in a bulk
better safe than sorry
Here, this is how you do it. Don't follow his advice about using first press extra virgin olive oil on the leather though. I did on one of mine and that stuff turns rancid. Plus it turns the leather very dark looking more like black leather.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Man it's such a shame that this came out so late.

I highly doubt that china companies are going to make mass produced DNA 250 mods since the USA aka the biggest market is out of the game now.

a triade DNA 250 would of been glorious. especially since my reuleaux DNA 200 is on it's last legs
Only US manufactures and vendors are out of the game. US consumers are not bound to the FDA regs. And US consumers are free to purchase vaping supplies outside of the country.

Btw, I have two RX200 and two Reuleaux DNA200 and they are still doing fine. Don't really use the RX200 ones very much since last February. And I stopped keeping the batteries in them since one user reported his burned up while he was sleeping. So what is wrong with yours? The 510 is failing?

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
Only US manufactures and vendors are out of the game. US consumers are not bound to the FDA regs. And US consumers are free to purchase vaping supplies outside of the country.

Btw, I have two RX200 and two Reuleaux DNA200 and they are still doing fine. Don't really use the RX200 ones very much since last February. And I stopped keeping the batteries in them since one user reported his burned up while he was sleeping. So what is wrong with yours? The 510 is failing?
second screen failing and 510 is loose + the insulation o-ring on the pin is showing age. plus the paintjob is destroyed

Reactions: BillW50

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
second screen failing and 510 is loose + the insulation o-ring on the pin is showing age. plus the paintjob is destroyed
Oh that sounds like the screen ribbon was being pressed by the fire button. Evolv will repair that one for you if it is less than a year old. They won't do anything for your 510 I don't think. Wow your paint has come off? The only one of mine that the paint has come off was the black RX200 (since day one).

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016

Well only in the sense that going through each and every package shipped from a company they believe to retail in e-cig products to individual customers would cripple the ports. But you are silly if you think that China is going to develop hardware that they can't sell to BM or Online vendors and can only sell through companies like FT. You are basically talking about the only legitimate market where people buy from China and only a small portion of that market at that.

The only saving grace on the DNA 250 end is that it should be basically drop in compatible with current 200w devices. So a company like Hcigar or Lost Vape don't have to do a whole lot of testing or changes, they could just drop in the new chip. Which would seriously decrease development costs. If they want to be really sneaky they could find a way to differentiate the box slightly and try to continue to sell it as the previous SKU. But that would take too many blinks and shoulder nudges to pull off positively and would probably be the same amount of increased sales that they would see from FT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread