Status
Not open for further replies.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Well only in the sense that going through each and every package shipped from a company they believe to retail in e-cig products to individual customers would cripple the ports. But you are silly if you think that China is going to develop hardware that they can't sell to BM or Online vendors and can only sell through companies like FT. You are basically talking about the only legitimate market where people buy from China and only a small portion of that market at that.
There is no ban on importing vaping gear. Customs can open every vapemail they want and there is nothing they can do about it. And the sales had been done outside of the US. As the FDA only has the power to regulate manufacturing and sales of vape gear inside of the country. And vape development is still going strong. Nothing has slowed down outside of the US at all.

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
There is no ban on importing vaping gear. Customs can open every vapemail they want and there is nothing they can do about it. And the sales had been done outside of the US. As the FDA only has the power to regulate manufacturing and sales of vape gear inside of the country. And vape development is still going strong. Nothing has slowed down outside of the US at all.
They can control the sale of e-cigs to citizens within the US. That means they can check for and seize products that doesnt meet their regulatory requirements. I doubt they will do it on a individual package level, but that doesn't mean they can't.

Reactions: Eskie

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
They can control the sale of e-cigs to citizens within the US. That means they can check for and seize products that doesnt meet their regulatory requirements. I doubt they will do it on a individual package level, but that doesn't mean they can't.
No they can't. The FDA for example, has no authority with consumers buying medication outside of the country. That is why you can buy cheaper medication from Canada or wherever today through the mail. Same with vape gear.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
The only real thing this is going to accomplish is to hurt small US businesses. It's ridiculous on so many levels.
Yup, I've seen the FDA put so many great small businesses out of business. But the same people who head the FDA are the very same ones who has ties to large corporations. And large corporations hate small businesses. :(

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
Oh that sounds like the screen ribbon was being pressed by the fire button. Evolv will repair that one for you if it is less than a year old. They won't do anything for your 510 I don't think. Wow your paint has come off? The only one of mine that the paint has come off was the black RX200 (since day one).
It would kinda be stupid expensive to ship a reuleaux from the EU to evolv for just a screen. Maybe I should just find a broken down RX200 and have a modder gut it and shove a 250 in there with a proper 510. But man is it hard finding somebody to do this haha.

but yeah my reuleaux is damn messed up.

tumblr_obx4jm1ckI1r31daro1_1280.jpg

tumblr_obx4jm1ckI1r31daro3_1280.jpg

Reactions: BillW50

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
It would kinda be stupid expensive to ship a reuleaux from the EU to evolv for just a screen. Maybe I should just find a broken down RX200 and have a modder gut it and shove a 250 in there with a proper 510. But man is it hard finding somebody to do this haha.

you could order just the screen and replace it by yourself. not that hard, no soldering required. just a simple latch.
upload_2016-8-14_19-55-53.jpeg

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
I know. but in the end it still doesn't fix the 510 issue. like its loose. If i push sideways with a screwdriver the threads move around. so the entire thing is loose. and then you have that insulator on the 510 pin that just looks old and worn out. it looks like its cracked on the surface.

Unfortunately I don't have the skill to drill out the space for a fatdaddy 510 and dremel out the insides. Not to mention unsoldering the board to work on the enclosure and then having to solder everything back together in such a small space. Hell I was screwing up soldering my first DNA 200 DIY box and I had massive amounts of space in that enclosure

Reactions: nocigsnomore

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City

No gear is gona last if its treated like that lol

Reactions: AtmizrOpin

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
I know. but in the end it still doesn't fix the 510 issue. like its loose. If i push sideways with a screwdriver the threads move around. so the entire thing is loose. and then you have that insulator on the 510 pin that just looks old and worn out. it looks like its cracked on the surface.

Unfortunately I don't have the skill to drill out the space for a fatdaddy 510 and dremel out the insides. Not to mention unsoldering the board to work on the enclosure and then having to solder everything back together in such a small space. Hell I was screwing up soldering my first DNA 200 DIY box and I had massive amounts of space in that enclosure
yea i hear ya. the 510 pin on my dna 200 relo is stuck partially down and only certain tanks will work now. i''m debating whether i want to gut the entire mod and throw in a 250 with a new varitube or FDV's V4 low pro 510. if i go that route i might well replace all the wiring as well, except for the atty out wires. those are sufficiently sized.

edit....with the new dna 250 you could use an rx 200 sled that doesn't have the reverse batt protection rings on the positive terminals. now that the 250 has a reverse batt protection mosfet.

Last edited:

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
No gear is gona last if its treated like that lol
I actually do take care of my devices. it did fall once. but for the rest that is just from being in my hand and my jacket's inner pocket. I don't put it in pockets with metal .... so I actually have no idea how it got so bad.

hell my cuboid is scratched as hell too.

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
Where did it originate from?
Was posted on ECR. Might have been vendor to vendor as one person suggested, but its not good a sign if they are intercepting national shipments. We will see as more deliveries are hitting customs in the next few weeks months. I still think they they can confiscate any product that they regulate and hasn't been permitted in the US.

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Don't know the poster didn't really expand on it.

I am bothered by the fact that it was grabbed after it had gotten past Alaska unless they don't have a customs.
The FDA tried that crap with medication purchased outside of the country. But they had to stop after a court order.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
No they can't. The FDA for example, has no authority with consumers buying medication outside of the country. That is why you can buy cheaper medication from Canada or wherever today through the mail. Same with vape gear.

The FDA tried that crap with medication purchased outside of the country. But they had to stop after a court order.

Not entirely accurate. Is it legal for me to personally import drugs? current as of 3/2016.

I am unaware of any court decision rescinding that since it was posted on 3/4/2016. As noted, there are exceptions under certain circumstances, but import of a non-FDA approved drug which is not for a serious condition and otherwise unavailable in the US is prohibited. My bet, vape stuff isn't considered required for a serious condition.

In addition, tobacco products are regulated outside "classic" drug regulations. So it is legal if the FDA states an item is not eligible for sale in the US under the Deeming regulations, and the FDA dictates enforcement of that ban at level of Customs inspection. Whether they will or not remains to be seen. And as mentioned, overseas orders for personal quantities of medications are not always intercepted, but can be if they fail to meet the requirements laid out on that FDA guidance page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread