Evolve DNA 12 preliminary Testing w/ MCU and OLED Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
These are preliminary tests of the new Evolv dna 12 module.
Testing right now with (2) paralleled 18650 Trustfires but will later use (2) Li-Po 20c batteries.
The Trustfires are under rated for the DNA as you can see by the Battery Level readings. Voltage drops from 4.17v to 3.27v Definitely need higher "C" rating batteries as per DNA spec sheet.

dna_mcu1.jpg

more testing:
http://breaktru.com/smf/index.php/topic,588.msg3762.html#msg3762

Last edited:

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
How can we get one of those readouts? I know their programmable, would you be willing to program one for a price?

Evolv will be putting out Displays to go with the DNA eventually according to Brandon's Video. Unless they decide to come out with a new version of the DNA for the display

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
way to go breaktru.....and with a display....too bad I don't have the smarts to do one.....

Thanks retird.
If I didn't use those Li-Pos I could have got it into a much smaller box. Luv the power of 20c's though.
The Display looks lost on the front panel.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
It does look like a small display for that case, but that can be a good thing too. And since everything else is rectangular, lipo cells match that motif too and would seem the most efficient use of space. And not to worry about the window being slightly off, I'll still be able to test it for you without trouble. :thumbs:

Robert T

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2010
Lake City, Florida
I'd like to see some more views of the box, I think it's cool looking. Are the black outside pieces rubberized?(is that a word?lol) kind of looks that way and the center section looks translucent? If you can remove the display easily the opening could be fixed easily, I think.

The more important question is.......... How does it vape? 12 watts or what?

Like asdaq, I would be glad to field test it for you.

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
Not very pretty but functional. Some laminate would make it look a bit better I suppose.
Display cut out is a bit crooked. Tried to use a T-square on a contoured box. Dummy!
Oh well, I tried.

dna_mod01.jpg

i think it looks great!! the display is so slick break, you have such amazing skillz.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Right now my highest wattage is 10.68w. Mamu and BigFran was able to get 11w by shorting up on the battery wires.
Sometimes that is not practical when using a particular enclosure due to the placement of batteries. My batteries are soldered so batt contacts is not an issue. I am using 20ga wires on power connections.

I'm not concerned with getting more wattage. I like tasting my juice and not sizzle it. With the juice I'm using, anything over 7watts is harsh and tastes burnt.

slimest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
Russia, Moscow
ecigroom.myqip.ru
Heh, even two 18650 trustfires in parallel cannot survive if you load them with only 7.5 watts... Seems, that after birth of these powerful boosters we again should consider much more powerful cells...
Thanks, breaktru. Extremely useful information. Hope that there is no voltage loss on batteries holder contacts and wires...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread