Excalibur Tankomizer problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnypanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
Arlington, VA
I received a couple of these with a Twist kit last week. At first I really liked them, but I'm finding that around half the time, I get a really nasty burnt flavor. It's really bad, a lot worse than the burnt taste when a carto goes. I filled them, let them sit, give it a little twirl before I hit, but I really don't trust them at this point.

I received a Vision Clearomizer - I think it's one of the old ones (1.5 ml), with the flattened mouthpiece, and while it's a little airy, it has been consistent. Have an XL CE2 to try, but thus far I have had best results with LR cartos (XXL). I am waiting on a new order of cartos, got SR and LR, and some attys, which I haven't tried yet.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
Excaliburs seem a bit inconsistent. Some love them, some don't. I think it has to do with the innards that are kind of hit and miss. I heard that trimming the soft rubber cap around the wicks helps.

I have the little one (3ml) and a big one (6ml). The little one used to leak from a seam in the bottom section. Big one was great until it stopped wicking, and I had to swirl it, take pauses in vaping, etc.

I ended up stealing the o-rings from the big one and adding them to the little one. Works great, and I still have hopes of salvaging the bigger one, or making a tank out of it.

Personally I believe it was worth the money, considering that it costs the same as a carto and a driptip. Maybe replacement innards will salvage it at some point.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Well I got out my Apollo's, identical to Excalibur's and did some playing around with them after contacting the vendor. I removed the top short wick and added 4 longer wicks I confiscated from a leaking CE4 (took coils off the CE4 wicks first) and placed them on top where the short wick once was. This fixed the dry burnt nasty taste I was getting before. Clearly I was not getting enough juice to the lower wired wick before. SO it was working good all day, now it is leaking out the bottom some, not sure why, I made sure everything was screwed in tight. But adding more and longer top wick worked wonders for me after fiddling with them. I think even using cotton thread or yarn would work as a top wick to get more juice to wick. Actually since the Apollo and Excalibur are basically just big clearo set ups, they should work, but they can be finicky for sure. bnrk

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
SO it was working good all day, now it is leaking out the bottom some, not sure why, I made sure everything was screwed in tight.
I noticed that too on its little brother. Added another of those tiny o-rings to the bottom-most part, and it stopped leaking. I think I overtightened it and that caused leaking. Try it, maybe it'll help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread