Exceeded Bandwidth? What Does this Mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
I keep having that exceeded bandwidth problem. Specifically, I customized my Profile Page by using a PhotoBucket background. It was fine for a couple of months, but yesterday, my background went to the numerous PhotoBucket "Exceeded Bandwidth" blocks and wiped out my background.

Does anyone know what that means and why I keep getting it? I wonder if bandwidth is figured per pic downloaded from PhotoBucket or how much is cumulatively downloaded per time period (day/week/mo) as a free acct from PhotoBucket. Any guesses on this? Please and thank you.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
if you are using photobucket to host your photos.......then you are using THEIR bandwidth. So, say for instance you post a pic on ECF that is hosted at photobucket, each and every time that page is loaded, your pic is loaded & it's using photobucket's bandwidth. I don't know what the max bandwidth is for photobucket users.

I do know that if you purchase hosting, like for a blog or whatever, you definitely don't want people direct linking to graphics on your site.......because like I said, everywhere that photo is posted, each time that page loads, that pic is gonna load & pull bandwidth from your site. When this happens you will use your allotted amount of bandwidth up fast & your site will appear dead until the next month comes around.

Sorry for the long explanation, & I don't even know if i'm allowed to be explaining here, but I tried.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
go to your Photobucket home page and check your stats tab ..

Thanks Uncle, I did do that - took me a minute to figure it out. Actually, the prob isn't with anything in my album - it's just the Profile background that I've customized my page with - will just have to watch it since PB doesn't give the stats on that one - just gave me the stats on my downloaded pics.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
If you are handy with graphics software (even sort-of), you could/should edit the offending pic to a smaller size. Even if through the magic of HTML (web-page stuff) it is scaled down to fit, a multi-megabyte image will eat a lot of Photobucket bandwidth. If you can make it 50k or so, it won't loose much in the translation, and won't eat their bandwidth.

ECF is a big place, and I see you have 4k posts. Everytime someone views your old posts, that is several chunks of bandwidth. I know that Photobucket has some online editing stuff, but I haven't used it much.

Thanks for mentioning this, I hadn't heard of it, and I've been using Photobucket for several years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread