Experiences and Observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyblood

Aug 24, 2010
Malta, EU
Hi All!

Greetings from the tiny island of Malta.

Would like to decribe my experiences and observations as a relatively new vaper.

Last year after smoking abalogues on and off, I trid the e-cigarette. I bought a Cigstar Super, which I think it's the DSE108. It kept me away from analogues (though still smoked some in the process) for 5 months, but the experience was terrible.

Back then I had no technical knowledge about these devices, and an atomiser would have to be changed after around 3 weeks. Batteries (automatic) were really awful. From what I gather now, the air-flow sensor was really crappy..spent 5 months of getting replacements nearly every week. Thank goodness the local supplier offered one year warranty on batteries and 6 months on the atomiser, so at least didn't spend much.

Then I got off nicotine for around 9 months, but "relapsed", and decided to buy a Gamucci penstyle, which I believe it's the RN4072, again locally. That was *before* I started browsing this forum and so did not know Gamucci is not a preferred supplier. The servive at Malta was really with the you-gave-me-the-money-so-now-.......-off attitude.

Imagine, a replacement atomiser cost me €25, which roughly would be around $20!!!

The stock Gamucci atomiser last me around 1 week, and I was already taking care of it by blowing excess juice from it every couple of days, and rinsing it with warm-to-hot water. No dry burns. The replacement atomiser lasted as much. I had a problem with this because it didn't have the traditional 5 holes around the threads, but 2 holes on the sides of the positive terminal. It was impossible to drag, so I modified it by on drilling a tiny hole on the side of the atomiser, on the silver ring. The hole I made was exactly in-line with one of the vent holes, and drilled a small canal between the 2 holes so as to form a canal of air. This was ok until after a few days. Cleaned it as normally I would do, but vapour production went downhill steadily.

I believe this was an m201 atty from what I've read.

I use the rubberised tip carts (I find them better as they seal better with the atty, and because I tend to nibble cart tips, so a hard tip would look horrible), and use Fluval (actually use a brand made in Malta but I think it's of a very good quality) as filler. No straws though.

Then I discovered ECF and ventured in shopping online for replacement parts. I found out that TECC was holding its closing down sale, and decided to buy a 5 battery multipack and a 5 atomiser multipack, alongside a USB charger, an extra charger, and some liquid, i.e. The Diablo Loco from the Decadent range. It's really awesome! I also bought a TW Camel flavour, all in 18mg dosage. The Camel taste was sweetish and not really close to a Camel analogue. But at least gave me the nicotine I needed.

I'm not really happy with the purchase, as while the liquid is not bad, the batteries, out of 5, 2 have problems with the air-flow sensor, but I'm saving these to convert to manual batts. The atomisers are even worse.

The come with the primer allright, *BUT*, when I blew off the primer for first usage and wiped the inside of the atty with a paper towel, surprise surprise, I got primer mixed with rust!!! I am using the 4th of these atomisers, and all were like that. I am assuming already the 5th one will be also like the rest. These atomisers would also have a life of around one week. I cannot get this. I don't know how most vapers get an atty to work for months! I take care of these but still no luck! I don't know if I'm overlooking something.

They also gurgle and leak *a lot*! And I have to use the staple mod on all of them.

The batteries from Gamucci were great, their logic programming was allright, and the cut-out war after 10sec and not 5 as the TECC ones. Here I must add that one TECC batt has a cutout of around 10sec but the other are around 5, so here I question the quality of these parts.

I tried dry burning 2 of the old atties which were still producing some vapour. The methos I used was to burn it 5 consecutive times with 5 sec duration each. I revived them for around a little less than a week, then vapour subsided again.

While they produce decent vapour, throat hit is weak!

I didn't complain with Jason of Pillbox38, because: 1) multipacks have no warranty, 2) even if they had, shipping them back to UK for replacement would not be worth the cost. Remember, I got this from a super sale.

In another purchase from TECC I bought only juice..Marlboro and Orange. The Marlboro tastes closer to coconut than a close-to-tobacco taste. The Orange juice I received was labelled Mandarin! The tase is close to mandarin/orange, but the taste is weak. I am also starting to think it's because of the atties that the flavours are no as expected.

Now I'm afraid to buy replacement parts ftom TW as they're the same parts with different branding.

I have been reading about BestEcig and their BE112, and am thinking of buying the following from them:

1 x manual battery (I am reading very good comments re manual batts and I need to try these out)

1 x 5v manual USB passthrough (want to experimnt with higher voltage)

1 x LR atty

1 x HR atty

1 x drip tip (interesting in this as sometimes it's a hassle to top up carts while on the go..at least by dripping you just trip into the atty and eliminated the pulling out of the catrridge, topping up, and replacing the cart procedure)

and some juice to sample

Best Ecig recommend the use of the LR atty with a batt which is higher than the standard 280maH, 420maH or higher in fact, so I don't know what to do exactly with the LR. Maybe I will try it with the passthrough. I'm still gathering knowledge regarding LR vs HR and their use.

Well, If you made it this far through the post that's great. Sorry for the mega post, but I wanted my experiences and observations to be in one post.

Cyblood

Last edited:

Chris97b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
Houston
I don't personally have any experience with these vendors, but I would say if you only have 280maH batteries and a 5v passthrough, I'd stay away from the LR attys. As you mentioned, 280maH isn't really enough to make a difference with the LRs, and running 5v through a LR atty would probably just burn it out. (low resistance + high voltage = POP!)

Cyblood

Aug 24, 2010
Malta, EU
I'm with Chris, you may want to consider a higher mAh battery if you want to run LR atomizers. At least 650mAh (which is what the eGo battery is). LR's can take out lower capacity batteries when they blow.

Also, don't use the LR on your 5v pass-thru! It'll definitely blow the atty.

Hi MistressNomad,

As I said to Chris, I want to see of there exist >420maH batts in the format of an 801 batt, but I think in that case a mod is the way to go.

Cyblood

Aug 24, 2010
Malta, EU
I have just ordered a pack of BE112 standard atties. Let's hope they do better than the TECC ones!

I am having trouble with the airflow sensor of the 3rd batt from TECC :(

Also in my main post forgot to mention that one of the batts from TECC had a viscous liquid similar to atty primer in its sealed plastic. I had wiped it off prior to use, no surprise it has problems with the airflow sensor! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread