Expert help for RDA/RTA choices please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caprilli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am hoping for expert help here. I am pretty much a one set up/one brand kind of person, so I am trying hard to get this right. The online search for one mod does it all has finally ended and I bought myself the SXMini ML class in white today.

Now I am after two RTA's and one rda which need to tick the following boxes:

1. Sleek modern design, as small as possible
2. Single coil deck
3. Easy, staight forward built
4. leakeproof enough for my purse
5. MTL!

I have searched and researched but without trying individual tanks, it is hard to know what suits best and if I have overlooked options.

The once that appear to be suitable to me are the Rose V3 TPD, the Armor 1.0 rda and or the
Eden Mods SnapDragon v1.5 RDA.

Your input is much apreciated.

Caprilli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The Rose V1S (Shorty) A tight draw like a Kayfun, but it has split wick tails that go to four juice

I assume you prefer the V1 over the 3 due to more testrictive Air? I read, that it was more difficult to build on than the 3, which apparently can be adjusted for MTL.

Did you try both?

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
The restricted air keeps way excess air from coming through and diluting the vapor. For best flavor, without using a lot of juice, less air intake and smallest chamber/thinnest chimney.

Right as we start our draw, we first have to take in the air that is just hanging around in the chamber/chimney. It is not much, but it is some. Yes, the Rose is flavor only. A longer, slow draw.

If not for you, then...not for you. :)

Also, the Bhudda Mini is good flavor.

Good luck! It is a great hobby.

Reactions: Caprilli

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada

Caprilli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yes :) I do not mind paying.... remember I only need one or two, which suit me. Not 20 like many others do. I am also prepared to pay extra for a design, that I like.

This said, I do not want to pay for the sake of it and if something much cheaper looks as nice and functions as well then I am all game. This is why I started this thread as it is impossible for me to judge if they do look and function as well and reviews alone are not helping me as there are so many different opinions.

coffinnail

Feb 18, 2017
CA,United States
I like the Wismec Theorem. Top coil design. It holds 2ml. And is rebuildable. But I like the notch coil in this atty. Low wattage, fast ramp up time. Awesome flavor. Check out my thread on the Theorem. Wismec makes other tanks with the notch coil in them. Check them out too. Number 4 on your list, leak proof. That is going to be tough. RDTA's are getting better about not leaking. But if you want a rebuildable. Bottom coil atomizers are prone to leaking. I have noticed less leaking when using the manufactured replacement coils. But when I pop in the build deck, coil and wick it. Its tricky to keep them from flooding, and leaking out the bottom vent holes. Like you, I don't want to own a lot of atty's. Just the best ones. Lol. Don't we all want the best. Two types of tank attys are available. IMO. Top Coil. And Bottom Coil. And the genesis type attys too. To me there are only those two types. Top and Bottom coil design. The pros say top coil attys are better for the flavor chasers. Since the coil and wick are closer to the tip. To me it really comes down to common sense here about the leaking. Bottom coil attys have a lot of orings, parts, etc. And the e-liquid sits on top of an array of orings and the vent holes. Silly to me really IMO. I also own a DOGEtank RDTA, but haven't had much luck re-wicking the helyx coil. The dogetank is really big 6ml capacity, taste is awesome. And no leaks, until I re wicked it. Ill figure it out soon, because I really love the taste and capacity. As far as RDA. I like the DOGE brand. Colorful too, lots of colors to choose from, pink, green, blue, red, etc. DOGE is really old school too. I own an authentic competition, and it stays home. Easy builds. Awesome air flow. Simple to drip. And DOGE is notoriously well built, smooth threading, flawless machining, and just all around tough. So no matter where you buy these two attys. Your getting your money's worth. I believe My Freedom Smokes has both, and the notch coils. All authentic. I haven't found a California online shop that carries DIY e-liquid, and hardware. So I just use the people over in the Carolinas, MyFreedomSmokes.com. One stop shop. By the way, both these attys were designed by folks in Cali. I like that the most I think. Im a Cali boy myself, if you haven't noticed. My vote for RDA is any DOGE brand. RDTA any Wismec brand, but I only own the Theorem. Happy vaping.:thumb:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Do you care to provide a reason? The tank appears to have some excellent reviews.
The notch coils are terrible and expensive for what they are. Using regular coils can be a real PITA. The fact I f the matter is that there are so many nice quality tanks out there why settle for garbage?

Last edited:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
If you want a nice single coil RTA that can't leak check out the OBS Engine Nano. It is a bit taller than a 2ml tank but is a nice tank. I prefer the regular Engine. It is a dual coil tank but you can use it single coil if you put the coil through the center of the posts. It really boils down to what is the most important detail. The Ijoy EXO RTA is a nice 2ml tank buy can leak. My wife uses an Engine and it has never leaked in her purse. It can't leak.

Caprilli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thank you so much for your explanation. Neither of the two tanks seem to be too well suited for MTL? They have huge Airflow :)

After the start of the thread and some help via private message as well as my own research, I had ordered the Eden Mods Rose V3 TPD (I like small), the Snap Dragon and the Hadaly. All three of them are working great for the individual purposes that I was after. Leak proof, they are not :)

I was also able to buy a second hand NexTiny but I have yet to sit down and develop the patience to learn and build it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread