Status
Not open for further replies.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Now, what is the difference between wattage and voltage.
In a mod like the CoolFire 4, the difference is really just "which number you want to appear larger on the screen." For any given resistance, watts and volts are tied to each other by the equation Watts = Volts^2 / Ohms (or Volts = sqrt[Watts* Ohms]). So as you increase or decrease either one, the other one will also increase or decrease by a set amount.

In Voltage mode, the mod will apply the selected voltage to the coil, regardless of the resistance (ohms) of the coil. In this case, volts will stay the same, and the derived watts will vary according to the resistance of the coil.

In Wattage mode, the mod will read the ohms of the attached coil, and vary the applied volts in order to keep the derived watts consistent between coils of varying resistances.

In either case, both values are shown on the screen, and by adjusting whichever one you're in the mode for, you can see the other one will adjust itself to keep pace.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I run a CoolFire4 plus at around 20 watts with a .5 ohm coil. Now, what is the difference between wattage and voltage. My coil can only go up to 35 watts so how many volts can I go up to. And does voltage and wattage work together, or are they 2 seperate modes?

1:
What is the difference between wattage and voltage:
watts = volts x volts / ohms

More watts means more juice vaporized per second.

2: 35 watts at 0.5 ohms means
volts x volts = 17.5
volts = 4.2

3:
You can operate your mod in volts mode or watts mode.
In volts mode you adjust the volts yourself.
In watts mode you adjust the wattage, and the mode works out what voltage to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread