Status
Not open for further replies.

jpbavaro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2015
Pennsylvania
Hello everyone!

So, I currently have to write an explanatory synthesis essay. I would like to write about vaping, but I need to be more specific. No opinions, just facts from reliable sources that I can easily cite in MLA format. It can only be 3-4 pages long. Does anyone have a topic idea? Thanks!

jpbavaro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2015
Pennsylvania
I'm actually in the same boat. Having issues locating a good source that doesn't look too sketch. Bookmarking this thread so i can refer back to it. Good luck man!

Next week we're doing the argumentative synthesis essay. For that, I know I'ma use Public Health England's study to argue how vaping is safer alternative to smoking. But this explanatory one where you can't argue or use opinions is a pain in the a**.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Hmmm...I could actually run with the health benefits if I can find at least 3 reliable sources.
check out CASAA.com ( I think thats the correct site ) there is a Dr Farsalomu?? that has done some serious research and found vaping more of a positive factor than smoking ( he's in Greece I believe)

Reactions: jpbavaro

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
there are thousands of "semi reliable sources" here on ECF... personal experiences of people who have quit smoking instantly due to vaping and have reported better health within weeks of the change over.... ( wish I was one of them).. Im a dual user at the moment.. so I still have to deal with the effects of smoking but not nearly as bad as it was when I was doing 3 PAD...

Reactions: jpbavaro

jpbavaro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2015
Pennsylvania
there are thousands of "semi reliable sources" here on ECF... personal experiences of people who have quit smoking instantly due to vaping and have reported better health within weeks of the change over.... ( wish I was one of them).. Im a dual user at the moment.. so I still have to deal with the effects of smoking but not nearly as bad as it was when I was doing 3 PAD...

Yea, I wish I could use my own experiences. I quit smoking/started vaping the same day, when I was 3 months prego with (unbeknownst to me at the time) twins. I vaped the entire pregnancy, had an extremely easy pregnancy, then was induced at full-term, had an easy delivery (not a C-section), and have two perfectly healthy babies. Now they're 4 months old and still perfect. For my argumentative essay, I'm definitely gonna use personal stories and testimonials.

And ......n. Glad you've been able to at least cut down. Some progress is better than none. You'll get there. =D

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Simple! Go to the forum section and select a forum topic. Go to the submenus and select a thread that seems interesting and consistent with your assay. You'll find an endless list of ideas just right there. Then do your your homework, research, read and make sure you note your references. Write your draft in organized sections and subsection, edit, modify it as you wish and when you're happy with it, submit it for review to some competent folks like in here for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread