Explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tina B.

May 19, 2019
While we're at it, the reason I signed up here was a battery accident involving shorting an 18650 in a mechanical mod. It flew round the room like a rocket shooting out sparks, flames, toxic smoke and soot. The almost red hot case finally came to rest on the wooden floor where it proceeded to burn itself a hole. batteries contain a lot of energy.

Before
62C1R4B.jpg

After
Zk2aVo4.jpg
Oh my god... at least I had only a little battery exploding under my blankets... still burned 40 by 30 cm. skin. This one could have been deadly!

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Anna... btw..batteries can also explode when not attached to a charger. Just check video's on youtube. A guy lost 7 of his teeth whilst vaping...

First just want to say that I am sorry to hear of your injuries, but good to know they are not serious.

Batteries very rarely explode on their own. Something needs to trigger that event. In your case perhaps they were being over charged. In the case of the individual who lost his teeth, it could have been a damaged wrap, short circuit or even a damaged cell. But these incidents are just not segregated to vape devices only. Laptops, cell phones even flashlights, just to name a few, all have had their fair share of incidents, and even from the likes of top manufactures such as Samsung, Apple and Sony. It is a risk we take in order to be cut from the cord. What is key is understanding these risks and adopting processes in order to mitigate them. Unfortunately educating the consumer on said risks and needed processes is a difficult task.

I wish you a speedy recovery. And as much as I can understand your concerns and fears with vaping, or better put, the batteries used for vaping, I truly hope you can over come your nicotine dependency without resorting back to smoking cigarettes. Should you over come your fears with vaping, both this forum and Battery Mooch YouTube page are excellent resources on proper battery safety.

Good luck

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Anna... btw..batteries can also explode when not attached to a charger. Just check video's on youtube. A guy lost 7 of his teeth whilst vaping...

I am aware of that. That is why I give many vapers a wide margin, especially if they're holding a smok. Vaping is PROHIBITED on airlines, so that shouldn't happen either.

I must say, for someone who practices NO battery safety you sure do know A LOT about the dangers of batteries.

Why is that exactly? If I were studying to become an electrician, I would not learn all I could about electricity in order to IGNORE IT ALL because I did not think being electrocuted "could happen to me."

Anna

Tina B.

May 19, 2019
I am aware of that. That is why I give many vapers a wide margin, especially if they're holding a smok. Vaping is PROHIBITED on airlines, so that shouldn't happen either.

I must say, for someone who practices NO battery safety you sure do know A LOT about the dangers of batteries.

Why is that exactly? If I were studying to become an electrician, I would not learn all I could about electricity in order to IGNORE IT ALL because I did not think being electrocuted "could happen to me."

Anna
Prohibited doesn't mean it can't be done....

• Creative

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am not giving you any more links to post your woes, sorry. You are getting to be a bit militant for my taste.

A bad thing happened we get it, you DON'T need to go plastering your woes all over the internet especially FACEBOOOK.

Starting to think you work for the FDA. This tale is so... plausible! Sympathetic! Suddenly we are discussing BOMBS on planes and OMG TEETH.

Look either you are obsessed with what happened (I did not enjoy your backside either) or you are being paid to do something. Either way, maybe some therapy could help you get over the experience, you know, privately.

You could even show your therapist your rear end. Maybe the company would pay for that, probably not.

Anna

• Winner
Reactions: Falconeer

Tina B.

May 19, 2019

Anna
What about Smok? You're very unclear in your replies...

• Disagree

Tina B.

May 19, 2019
Yo
I am not giving you any more links to post your woes, sorry. You are getting to be a bit militant for my taste.

A bad thing happened we get it, you DON'T need to go plastering your woes all over the internet especially FACEBOOOK.

Starting to think you work for the FDA. This tale is so... plausible! Sympathetic! Suddenly we are discussing BOMBS on planes and OMG TEETH.

Look either you are obsessed with what happened (I did not enjoy your backside either) or you are being paid to do something. Either way, maybe some therapy could help you get over the experience, you know, privately.

You could even show your therapist your rear end. Maybe the company would pay for that, probably not.

Anna
You're seriously a mean or psychotic person to talk about me like that! You don't even know me. All I'm trying to do is warn people so they don't experience what I did?

Tina B.

May 19, 2019
I am guessing you're completely addicted to vaping..aah...nobody should mention anything negative about your one and only pleasure... that's very clear... i feel sorry for u... i manage to quit this horrible nicotine addiction (the hard way.... yeah...okay) but you want to claim that vaping is safe.... which of course you know isn't. In fact it could even be more damaging than smoking cigarettes... we don't know yet...do we... in about 20 or 30 years we will know what the damage of vaping is...
Yo

You're seriously a mean or psychotic person to talk about me like that! You don't even know me. All I'm trying to do is warn people so they don't experience what I did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread