External Ohmmeter: useful or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
Since I newly ‘converted’ to TC vaping, I was thinking about getting a precision Ohmmeter, but then I thought: What does it help me to know the exact resistance if my mod is reading something different? Once the coil is in use, the mod will use its own meter to determine the resistance and the temperature, so it might actually be better to use the mod’s Ohmmeter to set the initial resistance (if, as in Arctic Fox, you have to set and lock the resistance at room temp manually). That way, the measured values will be wrong, but at all the temperatures.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
An ohm reader is handy for unregulated mod users, but not as handy for regulated mod users.

If your ohms are read slightly off by your mod that isn't a huge deal, as long as it is consistent. When you set your temp/wattage to your liking, you are making up for any deviation of the mod reading the coil slightly inaccurately.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have an ohm's reader (a cheap one) but I mostly use it as a nice stable leakable on build base. It's not super accurate, but it's accurate enough. I'd kind of agree on the idea of TC LIKELY being good enough on a DNA mod without the need to get a super precise ohm's reader, and honestly, if you'd only be using it for that, I guess it might be somewhat superfluous, and again for mechanical mods if that's your only source of "ohm's read" although I'd imagine the kind of precision you are talking about would only be required if you wanted to be right out on the bleeding edge of safety and etc.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread