• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Extremely cheap PG/VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
If you notice they also sell Flavor Art and The Flavor Apprentice Flavors ;)

I once tried to register with Ameliquid but got stuck at the address sequence. If you have a Korean friend who can help you then I imagine it's no problem.

But I just couldn’t be bothered since the price of their flavors were a lot more expensive than I can get from the source. The PG/VG is marginally cheaper than most I imagine, but I don't know if they charge for shipping. PG/VG is pretty cheap no matter where you source it from in Korea. And for the most part it all comes from the same company...LG.

Last edited:

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
Generally I order about 10 different flavors at a time. It's really not that much but lasts me several months. Heavy vaper :)

Many vapers on ECF, myself included of course, will only buy from Flavor Art or The Flavor Apprentice. Read around the forums and you will see why.

Yeah I've read and it's not expensive. I guess I'll try the different flavors from AmeLiquid and once I find about 5 or more flavors that I enjoy, I'll order 30ml from TFA

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
I simply order my VG and PG from G-market, made by LG. The price per litre is well under 10,000 won. You receive it the next day, sometimes with a free flavour concentrate. They threw in a free 20ml sample of Strawberry last time.

In all honestly, I can't be bothered to save a possible few pennies with buying glycerin from abroad. Heck, if you really want, you can buy it off the shelf by the litre in the local drug store (yak-guk).

alljokingaside

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Busan, Korea
Because they charge 4,800 for 10ml. If I go to TFA I can get 30ml for $5. Even with shipping included it still works out much cheaper from the USA.

Hey, was wondering how long the shipping time for you from TFA generally is/was. About to make an order and looking at the nice, cheap first-class option, but am a bit concerned it might get...lost? I'm still waiting on a coil heads from FT w/ no tracking number. It'll be a month soon...ergh

Also, w/r/t Ameliquid- A customer rep. offered to take the order via e-mail, so registration doesn't seem to be necessarily .....necessary.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Cheap first class option? Normally I buy about 7 or 8 flavours and shipping comes out around $20. Usually I receive my orders within 10 working days. Haven't lost a shipment yet.

However I must warn you, TFA flavours can be a bit tricky to mix right. If you do order I suggest you look at some of the TFA recipes around the forum first. What you may want to consider if this is your first DIY is Vaping Zone Super Concentrates. They may seem a little expensive but you only need about 2.5% flavour and they're much more forgiving. TFA flavors can be absolutely fantastic, but if you're off by a bit it can be disastrous.

Forget Ameliquid, nwasiq contacted them and they have nothing in stock.

Last edited:

alljokingaside

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Busan, Korea
So...update on Ameliquid-

I just made an order with them for PG, VG, some FA/TFA concentrates (deciding to go with a DIY sampling before making a large purchase from TFA direct. Plus, FA's products are apparently [per FA rep] acetyl propionyl, etc free, meaning marshmallow, etc are good to go) as well as a few other odds and ends via e-mail/bank-deposit.

The rep was pretty helpful and prompt. He (or she?) said they'd ship today. No mention so far w/r/t out-of-stock items. Let's see how this goes...

Note: Their dropper bottles are, while insanely cheap, PET. I mentioned the possible antimony leeching thing to the rep. I doubt they'll do anything about it, but we'll see.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014

I just made an order with them for PG, VG, some FA/TFA concentrates (deciding to go with a DIY sampling before making a large purchase from TFA direct. Plus, FA's products are apparently [per FA rep] acetyl propionyl, etc free, meaning marshmallow, etc are good to go) as well as a few other odds and ends via e-mail/bank-deposit.

The rep was pretty helpful and prompt. He (or she?) said they'd ship today. No mention so far w/r/t out-of-stock items. Let's see how this goes...

Note: Their dropper bottles are, while insanely cheap, PET. I mentioned the possible antimony leeching thing to the rep. I doubt they'll do anything about it, but we'll see.

Great to hear. I went to one of the stores in my neighborhood a month ago and wanted to buy that stuff. Unfortunately, the manager told me they were ONLY available by purchasing them on the website. So, I didn't bother.

Anyways, I have since then befriended the manager of the shop and I can tell you from first hand experiences, at least that store keeps their nicotine refrigerated and everything is sterilized and kept as clean as a professional dental clinic. I was quite impressed, compared with the other local vape shops in town. AmeriLiquid seems to be very legit and the quality of their premixed liquids are quite nice.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea

No plastic for me any more. Glass only in my tanks, containers, and pipettes. I've had too many flavours leech, crack, or completely destroy many of my plastic tanks and containers. Talk about a real nasty taste when you get a deep hit of plastic. In my experience TFA sends all their flavors out in glass.

If you get a chance to speak to Ameliquid again, ask them what they are using for nicotine in their pre-made liquids. I see that BurnIntense (B.I.) has a hard link directly to Ameliquid, LA Brother, and MFS under "Our Brand". I get the feeling that these two companies are some how connected. They may not tell you outright they get their nicotine from B.I., since obviously they want you to buy their pre-made juice. But its a good chance if they say MFS nicotine they're connected. They may also say they don't provide nicotine with their juices too, and then do the add a small bottle of nicotine under the counter trick.

Edit: I just noticed they have a pop- up stating as of October 1st they are not selling eliquid online anymore, only through their B&M stores.

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
No plastic for me any more. Glass only in my tanks, containers, and pipettes. I've had too many flavours leech, crack, or completely destroy many of my plastic tanks and containers. Talk about a real nasty taste when you get a deep hit of plastic.

If you get a chance to speak to Ameliquid again, ask them what they are using for nicotine in their pre-made liquids. I see that BurnIntense (B.I.) has a hard link directly to Ameliquid, LA Brother, and MFS under "Our Brand". I get the feeling that these two companies are some how connected. They may not tell you outright they get their nicotine from B.I., since obviously they want you to buy their pre-made juice. But its a good chance if they say MFS nicotine they're connected. They may also say they don't provide nicotine with their juices too, and then do the add a small bottle of nicotine under the counter trick.

Edit: I just noticed they have a pop- up stating as of October 1st they are not selling eliquid online anymore, only through their B&M stores.

I can assure you that AmeLiquid has no official connections with Burnintense Korea. I've personally shown the Burnintense website to the manager of 3 local AmeLiquid shops in my town and he's never even heard the name or seen the site before.

He also informed me that it is completely ILLEGAL to sell nicotine online within Korea, which Burnintense obviously does. He states that's it's only a matter of time before the authorities clamp down on it, and in the mean time do NOT trust any of the nicotine that they may sell.

Though Burnintense has put Ameliquids link on their website, implying they are in a partnership, is NOT true.

Proceed with caution if you decide to order from Burnintense. They are a fraudulent company, registered abroad, skirting the laws of Korea by selling 'mysterious nicotine" online within the country. Even though they say elsewhere to avoid police detection. However, that chapter seems to come to an end.

Vape safely. That includes quality ingredients, batteries, and mods. You never no what the LONG TERM health effects might be.

Doing anything less than that is ill advised at best.

Last edited:

alljokingaside

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Busan, Korea
Will check when appropriate. I have the same feeling, too (that they're connected.)

Since Ameliquid's apparently a chain (none that I know of in Busan), I wouldn't be surprised if the local managers were kept in the dark w/r/t nic supply. Ameliquid (or their rep) did state that it's against their policy to ship nicotine. BUT that could be their legit facade (if run by the same ppl. If not, a partnership wouldn't surprise me.)

Re: glass. Yeah. I didn't even bother with any plastics and went straight for the glass for my tanks and PP/LDPE for my plastic bottles. Besides Ebay (where Chinese vendors sell dirt cheap plastics w/ the detriment of shipping roughly a month?), Gmarket does have a few PP bottle distributors for a relatively decent price.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Will check when appropriate. I have the same feeling, too (that they're connected.)

Since Ameliquid's apparently a chain (none that I know of in Busan), I wouldn't be surprised if the local managers were kept in the dark w/r/t nic supply. Ameliquid (or their rep) did state that it's against their policy to ship nicotine. BUT that could be their legit facade (if run by the same ppl. If not, a partnership wouldn't surprise me.)

Re: glass. Yeah. I didn't even bother with any plastics and went straight for the glass for my tanks and PP/LDPE for my plastic bottles. Besides Ebay (where Chinese vendors sell dirt cheap plastics w/ the detriment of shipping roughly a month?), Gmarket does have a few PP bottle distributors for a relatively decent price.

I just bought 5x50ml glass bottles off Gmarket, not dropper bottles. Supposedly the rubber is susceptible to acidic juices. I just added in a couple of glass pipettes for about $11.00 shipped. Decent quality.

Vape shops in Korea are the worst. Most of the time they are managed by minimum wage employees or bored housewives that know virtually nothing about vaping. On the few occasions I've walked in with my tanks they were completely taken off guard. The vape shops are just merchandisers. They all basically sell the same ego batteries and carts. As Nwasiq mentioned, he walked into one of Ameliquid's branches and asked about TFA. Not a clue. So why would they know where their nicotine is coming from?

Edit: I just figured out what w/r/t means. You had me stumped for a while lol

Last edited:

koreanpat

Jan 22, 2015
Pocheon, Korea
I can assure you that AmeLiquid has no official connections with Burnintense Korea.

I have just recently made a purchase from AmeLiquid and another from Burnintense.

The packages were shipped from the same building in Daejeon.

So the chances of them not being connected somehow is 1,000,000:1 (in my mind anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread