Facebook "MEDIA" links

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Is it possible to translate the facebook [MEDIA] links into an actual URL? Either manually or via the parsing process?

I'm not assimilated, so certain types of FB links don't work, and all I get is some number (and even then I have to 'reply' to the post to see it).

Looking up the number in the media tag with a google query is dubious at best. It used to work, but has been flaky.

Just curious, not complaining. I "blame" FB though, but not ECF. :)

• Winner
Reactions: Izan

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Is it possible to translate the facebook [MEDIA] links into an actual URL? Either manually or via the parsing process?

You can use the [plain][/plain] tag to tell the software to ignore auto parsing and creating links. People would then just copy and paste the URL.

• Useful

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
You can use the [plain][/plain] tag to tell the software to ignore auto parsing and creating links. People would then just copy and paste the URL.
There is no URL. It's "not me", it's for when I'm reading OTHER PEOPLE'S posts. Since I don't have FB add-on/tools, it doesn't work and I don't want to assimilate.

So I guess it's my fault, but whatever is translating that media tag doesn't work for not FB members.

Sorry I wasn't clear.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread